Friday, May 11, 2012

Egg on Face and Other Horrific Adventures

Okay people here is what went down.
I was told all kinds of things and I shared them with you all.
Different story when we got there.

Let me just say that I am using restraint here because of who will see this.
I am also attempting to put this in the best light possible for obvious reasons.
If you email me I will certainly fill you in but for this outlet I will be polite as I can and still make you understand what happened.

It was a cluster fuck.  How's that for polite?

We were not where we were told we would be.
We sat in the audience and while the apology was given that didn't matter a lot to me at this point. While that sounds bitchy I am leaving some things out so trust me it's really not.
I had so much in front of me (cameras, booms etc)  that I ended up watching it on a monitor.

I could have done that at home in my pj's and saved a lot of money and time.
Not working yesterday was certainly a loss of income when one is self employed.
I would never have gone if this is what they had told me would be happening.

The so called "comic" that does the warm up and tells you when to clap etc was a loser.
He was not funny. He repeated the same thing over and over again. At one point he said for 100th time, "how do you like that?" and Rick leaned over and said, "This should be a drinking game he says that so much!" He was lame and  so awful I really believe I could have done a much better job!  Having been to a couple other television show tapings I have been to ones that have real comics that were funny and that could interact with people well. He didn't do either.

The positives are that Rick and I did some fun people watching.
Rick and I had a great walk in Central Park.

We talked to some great warm people from Australia, UK and even New Jersey...tee hee.

We ate the best damn gyro ever in our life!!!!
I knew I was going to swell up from the gluten (I am gluten intolerant) but it was so honkin' good I can't even describe. We got it from a food truck. The guys were so funny, warm and entertaining. They had a long line so we knew it would be good. Since we hadn't eaten anything thinking we were being fed,we were damn hungry by 2pm so we jumped online.
We ate this and were just moaning. It was that good. Who knew?
My goodness I wish we had stuff like this in the 'burbs.
I had seriously blown up from the gluten but it was kind of worth it.
So my feet turned into flintstone feet from gluten and a bit ole puffy face and belly but some days it's just worth it to eat gluten what can I say?  I'll be better by Saturday.

So all in all a bad bad day.
Waste of time and money and my patience.

11 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ugh I am so sorry! I know how much you were looking forward to this!! Did they offer you anything for the incoveince of your shitty seats or not being where you were supposed to be?

Julie H said...

You went to a food show and they didn't even feed you?? That sucks big time!!

Did you have testing done to find out about gluten or did you just figure it out on your own?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie- oh I always know. I knew when I got it. But I did it anyways. It was the gyro - the pita is gluten. Can't have bread of any kind. Some worse than others and this was bad. My fingers turn into sausages - so pretty.:-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie - oops forgot this question - yes I had testing done. I do not have celiac disease. But every time I would swell up my doctor suggested I keep a food diary. I did. So then she asked me to try gluten free for 2 weeks. It seemed so difficult but I did it. I felt so damn good and all the bloating and swellingn went away. So then I knew that I just had a gluten intolerance. Sometimes I can eat something with wheat and while it will bother me it won't be as serious. This pita was bad!
Now it's easy for me. I don't have to bring my 3 page list of ingredients that are bad for me to grocery shop. I just know now. I have to read all labels and eating out can be tricky. But it's so much better to feel good.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

carolyn - nope! just a "sorry something has changed" Maybe they thought I was too ugly. Hah! you should have seen some of these people there. the one woman had tammy faye do her make up. i would have passed. :-)

Ms. A said...

I demand an email with all the dirt! Spare no details.

April said...

I second that "I demand an email with all the dirt"!!!!!!

April said...

sorry I forgot PLEASE!!!

regan said...

Me too on the email, please! I want the dirt! And I'm so sorry it was so disappointing! What the hell is wrong with them!?! You don't give someone a definite plan, and then change it on a whim! I hate that! Rat bastards!

Mike said...

AA for alcoholics. GG for gluttonous glutenittes. Time to call your GG sponsor and get back in the program.

mamahasspoken said...

That New Jersey joke was for me hun? You can tell me in an email with ALL the details about the crappy trip to New York and those Yankers who did you wrong.
Looking forward to seeing you in my in box.
Yea that sounds dirty....