Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'll be back.

Well dear blogger friends I will be leaving Friday at 7am and have much to do before I go so I won't be writing after today.
Because I am going to see family I am sure that there will be plenty of photo's and fodder for me to write for awhile.

I will be here. (Presque Isle State Park - lake erie)

I may have to be in a 12 step program upon my return.  My family makes me drink!
But I'm sure I can write from where ever it is I will have to go.

In other news we got new phones with Verizon yesterday.
Yup we made the switch from the big bad horrible Sprint.

Rick gets really cranky with technology and having to learn new tricks.
So I did all I could setting things up the way I knew he would like them on his new Droid x2.
That made 1/2 the battle last night.
But already today he has had issues and calls me all cranky.
Like I can help him from the office.
They offer workshops on learning how to use all your phone has to offer.
So I signed us up.
Two old farts learning how to use a phone is quite pathetic don't you think?
Of course the next one that is not an advanced class isn't until August 30th.
I may kill him before that date.

I read the manual of course. He wouldn't think of it.
God it was like directions all over again in the car.
Before GPS he would never read a map.
When he got a GPS he never listens to the woman either.
Aargh!

He asked me last night, "How did you get Pandora on yours?"
I just raised my eyebrow and stared at him.
Honestly if he would just read directions!!!!!
God that is frustrating as hell to me.
So he sat there playing with it all night and muttering obscenities.
When he went to bed I made the changes he was bitching about.
I did not tell him.

This morning he turned it on and saw the wallpaper and other changes.
He said, "Hey it worked.  I guess you just have to turn it off like updates on the computer to take."
Okay I am a bad wife - I laughed out loud.
Poor thing.

He is so good with everything else I shouldn't make fun of him but it's so much fun!

See you next week.

15 comments:

Carolyn said...

Have a great trip!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

thanks Carolyn!

Julie H said...

That's too funny! I never read the books with my phones. I just go to my teenager when I can't figure something out ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie - thats the ticket - I need to hire some kids! :-)

Lizbeth said...

I had to laugh, see I'm just like Rick. I hand my phone off to either my husband or 7 year old son. Either one of them can figure it out faster than I can and without a slew of cuss words. My son even changed the ring tone depending on who was calling....yes, my son is smarter than me!

PS--thank you for your kind words over at my place.

PPS--have fun..family is the best blog fodder, isn't it? :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Lizbeth - I like my cell to sound like an old school phone. So I just changed the ring from phone and a different one for Text. I'm such a goof I'd forget which sound was who. (or is it whom?) for more than a couple of people. Yes, I admit I'm slow like that.

Bilbo said...

Agnes and I are like that with technology, too, except that *I* am the one who reads the instructions and does all the techy stuff. Have a good trip...see you when you get back!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Well Bill a Rick and an Agnes could never be together. Guess that's why they have us. :-)

Mike said...

'I may kill him before that date.'

If you kill him can I have his Droid?

Ms. A said...

WAIT... I'm not packed!

Fine, just go off and leave me here. Some friend you are. Pffft!

Have fun while I sit here and bake.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ms. A - it's not going to sweltering (sp?) there but it's still going to be stressful no matter the weather. It's my family! You haven't been reading long enough. I wouldn't do that to a friend (bring them there)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - if you don't ask me how to how to make a call or how to add aps etc then by all means it's YOURS!

Raquel's World said...

Uggh I return, You go away??? Just my luck. I will eagerly await your return.

BTW- I too have a fancy new smart phone and it is hilarious the mistakes I make with it. I call random people and all kind of crap.

mamahasspoken said...

Try to enjoy the trip the best you can, or at least make sure you have a supply of 'adult beverages' on hand while you're there.
Just yesterday, I couldn't get my droid phone to act right. Every time I tried to get on the internet, the screen was all screwy. I gave the phone to the 21 year old son and asked him if he could fix it for me. He turned the phone off then back on and it was fine. He then reminded me that like computers, sometimes phones need to be rebooted.

Anonymous said...

i am completely inept when it comes to cell phone technology, which is funny because i can usually find my way around most other tech related things, but not cell phones. this is one of those times when having a teenager is a great advantage. anytime i have any cell related questions, i ask him.

i cant wait to read more about your trip.