Boy this summer has been a wild weather season.
Can't wait for winter.....she said sarcastically.
Let's recap shall we?
We had hail last week.
Yesterday was an earthquake as you all know by now.
My kitchen cabinets on one end pulled away from the wall about an inch.
The 3rd floor had the most damage. The bookshelves were a mess and things broke and scattered. But overall that is great that those are the only things hurt.
My concern is what I can't see - like the structure of my home.
But I will play ostrich and put my head in the sand on that topic.
Now we are expecting a hurricane.
Should make for a fun weekend of high winds and lots of rain.
Seriously this is getting tiring.
We have had this oddly cool weather for August so you know something is up and I don't think it's gonna be good. Locusts perhaps?
One of my boyfriends -
has been threatened as well as David Letterman.
In case you haven't heard Dave got in trouble for speaking about the death of an al-Qaeda leader. They are calling David a bad Jew who's tongue needs to be cut out.
He's not Jewish - he's protestant. Idiot terrorists!
Now on to my boyfriend Craig. A letter was sent with this white powder to his office saying it was Anthrax. It turned out to be no such thing thankfully.
What the hell is going on? These guys are harmless. They tell jokes. Now if only people could lighten up and just relax. If I had to kill everyone who annoyed me I'd be alone on this island......oh wait, now thats a thought....




10 comments:
im so glad the damage isnt too bad, and yeah, id play ostrich too. :)
its so tough having a celeb boyfriend who isnt liked by the masses isnt it?
Yes Tammie it is indeed.
I knew you'd understand having a famous boyfriend as well.
Wow thats' some big hail!
I thought it was funny how everything was closed down after the earthquake. I guess it would be the same here if we had a hurricane or a tornado (or more than a tiny bit of snow). All the earthquakes we've had and nothing has really happened to our house. &&&knocking on wood&&&
Julie there was a man on the ABC nightly news last night explaining why 5.9 here feels different than out west. Why there was move movin' and shakin' shall we say. Very interesting. but I don't want it to happen again!!!
You need to call your insurance company about your cabinets...... NO WAIT. If you call your insurance company they'll cancel you for just calling. Nevermind.
Mike - we talked about this very topic this morning over our coffee....besides we don't have earthquake insurance since we don't live in what we thought was earthquake territory. I have enough insurance issues with medical I don't need to be dropped from home owners. :-)
What do they say, bad things come in threes??? So you know, after the hurricane you should be OK.
No, in all seriousness, that tanks. Hail and an earthquake. Sigh. I hope the house didnt' take on too much damage.
PS--we had a hailstorm here in May--check your roof, roof vents, gutters, downspouts, metal flashing and any woodwork/trim for hail damage. Just as an FYI. Thinking of you!!!
I can't help wondering what's next... but not sure I want to try to imagine.
Lizbeth - just got off the phone with Quest Labs......
Seriously the hail made holes in all our screens in the back of the house as well as big ole holes in our new grill cover. Honestly.
Ms. A - I learned once never to say, "what else can happen?" Because within 24 hrs the roof collapsed from snow. (another city I lived in) So now I just bitch and moan....and pour another glass of wine...or gin. I think I like living in a delusional state these days.
I never understand people who do violence in the name of their God. I can't help but think when their time comes and they are in the afterlife, they are going to find out how wrong they had it here on earth. But then all one has to do is read the old testement of the bible and there is enough violence to last a life time.
Guess there is no real answer to this.....
Post a Comment