Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shopping

There is a young man who is slashing young women at my local mall.
Scary is an understatement here.
This man slashes women with a knife and before they realize what has happened he has disappeared into the crowd.

This morning the news said that a teenage girl felt searing pain in her bum and put her hand there and she then realized her butt was bleeding. 
They have shown grainy photo's of who they suspect is the culprit from surveillance video.
He was dressed like most kids in their 20's. Not quite shorts, not quite pants, baseball hat and big baggy T-shirt. He apparently does this to women in their late teens early 20's.

Now I am a woman who really dislikes shopping. So while this is "my mall" just a few miles from my home and this is where I do shop when I have to shop, luckily I do not fit the MO.
For once being an old broad has an advantage!

13 comments:

regan said...

That is very scary....and I can't believe they can't catch him! Is this mall really that crowded? And are all these girls ok?

I hate malls....only go if I have to find a particular thing....race in, find it, buy it, race out. I think I've only been there once this whole year!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

it is my understanding from the news today that this is always done during a busy time. It is Fairfax VA where the pop. is over 1 million so it's not like a tiny town mall you know?

Julie H said...

I'd be staying out of the mall til they caught the guy, how scary!

Anonymous said...

how scary. and totally bizarre. i wonder what his reasoning is for these actions. i just hope they catch him before the slashing gets boring and he turns to torture and murder.

Yankee Girl said...

This person needs to get caught soon so he can get the serious help he needs.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie & Yankee Girl - I know it is so scary. I have to buy a birthday gift in the next couple of days and I was planning on going there but I'm afraid now. Even though I am not the M.O. for him. Then I thought I'd go to another mall but what if he thinks he's been there and they are looking for him there and he'll try another - which would be my luck you know. I may give her a gift card!

Mike said...

You need to buy yourself some kevlar undies.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - but he doesn't just do butts so I may need a kevlar SUIT.

Lizbeth said...

Scary and weird...who does a thing like that?!?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Lizbeth - I think the answer is a real Sicko!

Raquel's World said...

That is really scary. How many has he cut?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Roc - 5 so far.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

I swear people just get sicker and sicker. Stick to a gift card or onlline.