Here are my thoughts on this topic.
I thought she made excellent points and the last line would be me!
In other things rolling around in my little head......
I'm noticing a phenomenon.
Raquel over at Raquel's World had some photo's to explain this phenom.
We all know people who think they are hotter than they are.
Since this is the season of little clothes we are seeing them everywhere.
Raquel shows an enormous woman who is in a teeny tiny bikini (thong no less).
My first thought is, "Has she no mirrors?"
Then I got to thinking. I may have the same thing only in reverse.
I don't see my weight loss like everyone else it seems.
I still see me as chubby me. Not this me.
So maybe that is the case with others.
Maybe they all just have great self esteem.
Which is good I suppose, but I would like self esteem with reality as my platform.
But that's just me.
But when at a public family swimming pool I think it may be a good rule of thumb to dress more modestly than hanging out at Club Med.
Am I crazy on that one?
Sunday we had a few friends over for the holiday weekend.
I am still not drinking and it was oh so interesting to be the only sober person there.
I watched as they all slowly got toasted. One neighbor (he lives about 8 blocks away) just laid down on our sofa and fell asleep. (passed out is such a strong phrase...tee hee)
Then he got up and walked home. His wife remained with the car. She was livid.
But I found it rather funny. Come to find out he had a few scotches before he even got to our house so no wonder he was so drunk!
And lastly a little recipe for you all.
I made this Saturday for the party on Sunday.
OMG did everyone go ape shit over this cake.
I so wish I could have tasted it but the reaction was great so I know it had to be good.
It was so damn easy to make so I thought I'd pass it on.
Everyone wanted the recipe and they were all moaning while eating it.
Again, I am sober and dieting so I just watched them all and laughed.
As the baker it at least made me feel good that they loved it.
BETTER THAN ALMOST ANYTHING CAKE.
1 Box B.Crocker Super Moist German Choc Cake Mix
(Water, Vegetable Oil & eggs called for in cake mix directions.)
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 jar (16-17oz) caramel topping
1 container (8oz) Cool White (thawed)
1 package of toffee chips or bits (6oz)
Preheat oven to 350.
Make cake as directed on package for 13 x 9 pan – Cool for 15 minutes.
Poke top of warm caked every ½” with handle of wooden spoon.
Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over top of cake; let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake.
Drizzle with caramel topping.
Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake.
Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.(I did it overnight)
Spread cool whip over entire cake. Sprinkle with toffee chips/bits.
(I used health bars that I put in a baggie and just pounded into bits of heath bar)
Store in Refrigerator.
All calories are removed if eaten standing up.
14 comments:
I have copied and printed your recipe. Let ya know how it turns out.
As for the bare naked ladies (lol) My point exactly was the time and place.. A family pool at a Christian association was def not the place.
I am no skinny minnie but no way would I go out like that.
Missed ya!
I am a pretty good baker. But I actually hate cake, pies and most desserts. However people ask me to bake them things all the time! I love to bake and make people happy, even if I don't partake in the eating.
I agree with you on clothes. Some people have no concept on how they actually look, or they just don't care!
Carolyn, you hate cakes pies and most desserts? That's unAmerican for heaven's sake!!! Are you a salty person then? like the chips and junk food?
I could live on cakes, pies and most desserts...like creme brulee. Ooooh.
"Am I crazy on that one?"
Post some picture of the new you and we'll all 'weigh' in.
Mike - no bathing suit photos. When there is an occasion for photo's I will post. But to just pose for the blog is not my thing. I'm sure my week up north visiting family will result in tons of blog photo's for ya'll.
Peggy-the cake is awesome; I've had it before and it is definitley better than SEX--that's what the cake was called when I got the recipe!
Anyway, I presume you don't think or see your weight loss as others do. I don't either!
Tracy - you got it. I truly don't see it. And from the moans and what you added about that cake I think I am glad I didn't eat any because that may have been just too damn good to stop!
I'm too honest and realistic to fool myself into believing I look good in anything, much less a skimpy bathing suit!
That cake looks heavenly! I'm going to copy the recipe, right now.
Ms. A - I've seen your photo's you're very pretty but you're right we must all be realistic - not hard on our selves but realistic.
Let me know if you like the cake if you try it. My hubby said it was ooey gooey good!
I always wondered about those women who are big and think they look sexy in clothes that are too tight and too revealing (I'm allowed to think this concidering my weight). I was on fb when one of my friends recieved a picture of a friend wearing Daisy Dukes with one HUGE ass. I wanted to tell her how gross it was, but I wasn't one of her friends.
Thank goodness for that...
damn that cake sounds good - and nice and easy - which is the only kind of thing I bake :D
I hope you've been feeling well :)
I have that recipe too, but we call it "better than sex cake".
Carma - if you make the cake let me know how you like it.
Yes I am feeling well, why? did you think I was not? I am doing great physically. But financially.....so if you want to send a few million my way.....I'd sure feel better.
oooh that cake sounds so good. i LOVE anything with sweetened condensed milk.
Post a Comment