Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday

Not a whole lot of anything in particular going on yet super busy.
How does that happen you ask?
I don't know. But for some reason it is a phenom right now in my little world.

We went to dinner Saturday at a friends home up in Maryland.
They have twins. They are so friggin' cute!
It was not a relaxing evening.
I know parents can't help this but we were hoping for an evening of dinner and drinks and conversation. You can't have a conversation when children of 21 months old are hanging on the parents or reaking havoc. At 9pm they were still going strong so we headed home. It's tough on parents because they don't even get to eat. It's tough on friends who want to catch up because a sentence can't be finished.

I was able to dublicate our favorite salad at one of our favorite resturants.
I could eat this every damn day.
And I honestly may eat it again tonight.
It called for candied walnuts. I can't eat those but Rick can so I candied them and threw 'em in the salad and then just picked 'em out for me.
Here is the recipe...
Mixed Greens
Crumbled Goat cheese (I made it with feta too so that will work)
Blackberries
Candied walnuts
Crispy Pancetta (I used bacon)
Balsamic Vinegrette Dressing
Try this you will love it!!!

I heard an interview with Lady GaGa this morning on Sirius.
Not her biggest fan but it made me like her personally now.
It was very interesting and it made me see her as a person vs. a character.
She played a song on the piano about her grandfathers death.
It was beautiful. I didn't have to see her get ups and all the fake shit around her.
Just her good voice and the piano and her passion.
She doesn't need the gimics. Wish she would just sing this shit out of her songs like this one and forego the theatrics. But that's just me.

I will leave you with this funny from my friend.

(Dispatcher) "What is your emergency?

(Caller) "Please help me, I have a bunch of people trying to kill me."

(Dispatcher) "Okay ma'am, calm down. What is your name?" ...

(Caller) "Casey Anthony"

(Dispatcher) "Okay Miss Anthony try to stay calm, an officer will be there in 31 days


9 comments:

Julie H said...

Those parents were probably exhausted too! I remember those days well! Kudos to them for still trying to get together though.

I saw Lady Gaga on Oprah (back when I still watched it) and I found her very interesting. All her stuff is just for show and it works to get her publicity!

mamahasspoken said...

When my son was home on leave from Afganistain, we introduce him to Lady Gaga music and her videos. His comment on her was,
"I can't believe I'm fighting for this crap."
Then there was the time I was in a Chinese resturant, the cook didn't speak any English. His cell phone went off, and his ring tone was Poker Face.
Oh and then there is the joke,
"How do you wake up Lady Gaga?"
"Poker Face"
There are a few of her songs that I like, but not enough to download any of them.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mamma - That is EXACTLY what he is fighting for. Freedom of speech and to be who you want to be. I hope he learned that while there.
I don't like a slew of people and their ways but that is why it's America - free to be you and me.:-)

Mike said...

So when are we going to see you in some of your new Lady GaGa outfits?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Wednesday at noon Mike.

Ms. A said...

"Okay Miss Anthony try to stay calm, an officer will be there in 31 days"

LOVE IT!!!

Karen said...

Love the joke!

What's with the trend with fruit in salads? Strawberries, blackberries, oranges, pineapples...YUCK! I don't really like fruit in my salad. Though I do enjoy crasins in a salad once in a while.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Karen - funny thing is I have always hated fruit in my salad. But for some reason this works for me. But NO fruit on my pizza! That is so west coast and icky!!!!

Anonymous said...

that salad sounds delicious. i like all of those things.

i always thought fruit on pizza would be disgusting but then i had pineapple on my pizza and loved it.