That's okay.
I just have to do it today.
My boy, my crush, my favorite man in pinstripes did it yesterday.
He hit 3,000 hits milestone yesterday.
There have only been 27 others ever in baseball to do this.
Never has a NYY done this in their storied history.
Yesterday was like a movie.
He went 5 for 5 and hit the winning run.
He couldn't have dreamt it any better.
No one could have.
Even if you don't like my team - you have to respect Derek Jeter.
He is the definition of class.
He handles himself in such a way on and off the field that you would want your son or daughter to see him as a role model. That itself is rare these days.
He is humble, hard working and damn good at his job.
And it doesn't hurt that he is so friggin' cute.
The only thing that could have made this day better for me would have been to be in Yankee Stadium. I was jumping around like a crazy woman.
And how about that young man who caught that 3000th ball?
He gave the ball back to Derek. They estimated he could probably have gotten at least $250,000 and up for the ball.
He was a 23 year old cell phone salesman who's girlfriend bought him the tickets for the game for his birthday.
He said the ball was not his to keep. It was Derek's milestone and hard work.
Because he gave Derek the ball the Yankees paid him back in their way.
They gave him 4 tickets in a private suite for the rest of the season, plus the play offs.
He was given the opportunity to meet Derek. And he got some signed memorablia.
I think this kid just got himself some great Karma coming his way.
Would you give the ball back? Hmmmm. Another class act.
When Derek was asked about the young man he laughed and said, "I hear his girlfriend bought him the tickets....he's going to be paying her back for a long long time!"
Yea Derek!
Here's to more great years in pinstripes! (doesn't hurt that he is so easy on the eyes does it?!)
8 comments:
Jeter is definitely easy on the eyes.....and that fan is pure class! Yay for doing the right thing!
When I hear his name all I can think of is when my now exsil told my nephew AT MY MOM'S that Jeter was going to be his next daddy.
WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH BLOGGER??? Doubt you got the other comment I just tried to send!
"That itself is rare these days."
Yes it is.
And Derek could well afford to give this kid the 250K for the ball.
Julie - i just read that aloud to hubby - that is a hoot!!
Ms. A - nope this is the only comment!
Mike - yes, he could afford it but he shouldn't have to. Everyone should just do the right thing damn it. Why does everyone think they need to get money all the time for doing what is right? Aargh. that drives me crazy!
I've loved the Yankees since my High School days. Major crush at Ron Guidry which should give you an idea how many years ago that was. I still have his baseball card and book: Louisiana Lightning.
Yep, amazing that dude gave him back the ball. I bet Derek will slip him a couple bucks - maybe?
Hey, I think we've isolated the problem with IE - the friends widget. I've removed it - can you check if it loads ok now. When I get a chance I'll mess around and see if I can get the widget back up. thx again for mentioning it
HA. i had to laugh at julies comment. i always tell my kids that Alec is going to be their next daddy.
i love jeter, for all the reasons you mentioned. i tend to hate most athletes and it takes a while for any of them to win me over, but jeter seems like such a good guy and in the most genuine way.
Tammie - like I have said, "lucky Minka Kelly!"
Boy will they make pretty babies!
Post a Comment