In May I told you that Rick really wanted a Keurig coffee maker like this.
I didn't get it for his birthday but we did buy one when we got this great coupon from Costco.
All of the things you all commented on have come to fruition.
You tend to drink more coffee when it's so easy. It can be more expensive.
I registered on the website and got all this free coffee and samples etc and that was great.
I like flavored coffee and normally I would have a splash of cream but now I am drinking it black for diet reasons. So if I really like it black - it's going to be great with a splash of cream!
I love this sucker and I hate it at the same time.
It was cheaper to buy our beans and grind them in our ole Cuisinart Coffee Maker.
I love this Keurig because I can have a different coffee every day and no difficult cleaning like my old Cuisinart.
I hate this because I drink 2 big ass cups a day now.
I love this because I drink 2 big ass cups a day now.
I hate that I have to have room for all these darn K-Cups.
I only have room on my counter for one K-cup holder - I need a few.
I have this one and it holds as many as the wire one only it's slimmer which I need for lack of more countertop space.
I love it because Rick can make his iced tea which I hate so it can do it by the glass.
I love it because Rick can make hot tea which I hate.
I love it because it has a foaming milk attachment - which I have not purchased but may ask Santa for.
So you were all right in what you told me. It sucks you in and you end up drinking more and spending more money. But now I need to find a way to have this at the lake house. How great it would be for everyone to be able to make their own coffee whenever they get up.
Honestly I am thrilled we have it. Who knew you could love a coffee maker so darn much?
I mentioned Dough Boy and Ugly Carrie yesterday.
Someone emailed me and wanted the story.
They moved in next door and bitch bitch bitch constantly about everything.
Ugly Carrie is very snobby. She has no right to be.
All she does is complain when you see her.
"Oh in Florida we had a huge house for less money. Now we live here."
She says it like it's a dump.
Look if you are going to take a transfer do your damn homework.
Rick and I have moved a great deal in our careers.
We do our research and know the demographics, housing costs, cost of living difference etc. Is the increase in pay enough for the difference? A lot of things are weighed when making that decision. So I get so tired of the phrase, "In Florida"
Yea, well go back there wench!
Besides Florida is in a real estate depression. We are not here. So get over it.
She bitches about living in a town house. Okay fine - then why didn't you buy a house?
I asked her that the 200th time she whined, " I didn't want to live in a townhouse"
Her response was that this was all they could afford and that the houses she looked at in the same price range were a lot smaller and (gasp!) didn't have finished basements. This is a exact quote, "Who lives in a house with an unfinished basement?"
Oh for god's sake woman you are a self entitled bitch. I did not say that aloud. But I didn't hold back much. I said, "Oh I see the issue now. You want everything for little money and you think you are above living like the rest of us." She didn't say anything for a minute and just cocked her head. Then she said, "Yes. I don't want to be a person who lives with an unfinished basement." She said it like the equivalant was living under a bridge in a box.
I laughed and said, "well then so now you live in a so called "luxury" townhouse that you hate. Is that better for you?"She told me she wasn't sure.
It's all about image for her. Who gives a shit what you live in.
I don't pick friends from their stuff. I don't pick friends by their wallets.
And I don't care if you live in an apartment, a condo, a townhouse, house with an unfinished basement or a big ole fat house. Why does this woman make such a big deal about something so insignifant? And I mean to tell you she makes a big big deal about this topic all the damn time. She has been here 1 year next month. She is still complaining.
Oh I could go on with stories but I will let 'em go. You can see what kind of person she is.
She is very loud, domineering and you should hear her yelling at her husband. Oh My!
They were doing yard work and I think the whole block heard them.
He is a bald soft fat round man. He is meek and spineless, or so it appears. He's sad to me.
They have a son who is 10. They will not allow him to ride his bike off this block if they aren't with him. Poor kid looks like dad in body and has mom's face. Kid doesn't have a chance.
I feel so badly for him. He loves Izzy and when he sees us he gets so excited to pet her and play and hug on her. The mother will then say, "Okay come over here and wash your hands"
They have two teeny white fluffy yappy dogs. Is he allowed to touch them without using purell every 10 minutes?
He is a pale pasty little boy who doesn't go outside or to the 4 pools that are in the development. I asked him if he was going swimming the other day when it was 98 degrees. He said his mother won't go so he isn't permitted to go alone. (most kids his age here ride their bikes to the pool) She doesn't work and she has 1 child. What does she do all day that she can't take her kid to the pool? I'm not a mom but it seems to me that 1 day a week this could be worked out. Did I tell you that she too is chubby? So the walk to the pool would be good for both of them. Seriously, it's only 4 blocks away.
Okay to her snarky remark that made me laugh.
The other day when we were out front talking to some dog folks her hubby (DB) said to me that it looked like I had lost weight.
I thanked him and said I indeed have.
Of course my hubby has to open his mouth and say, “She’s lost 51lbs.”
(I hate that w/a passion!)
Ugly Carrie said, “Ha, I wouldn’t have even noticed”
I laughed and said, “Me neither Carrie” and let it go.
She just isn’t very nice – who cares what she thinks about anything I don’t like her.
My hubby came in the house and said, "Why is she such a bitch? She seems to be an entitled bitchy princess and I don't get it."
I told him to let it go - it's her issue not ours.
I just would like to keep my distance and be polite.
Which sometimes living on top of one another isn't always easy.
Have a Great Weekend Everybody!
22 comments:
Ugggh I hate Carrie! How annoying is she and how do you hold our tongue when dealing with her?
I have to say though Peg, I would not let my ten year old go to the pool by himself either. I just started letting my 15 year old go to the pool without me but only when there are 6plus lifeguards. But she can get off her fat ass and walk the boy down to the pool. Jeez!
Raquel you wouldn't let your kids ride 4 blocks in a closed community? they aren't out in the "world" so to speak. I'm a bad Aunt then cuz when my nieces and nephews are here they take their lunch and walk up there. But you have to live here to go there. You have to live here to get in here so I guess I just would be a bad parent. There are also several lifeguards at all pools as well as kiddie pools for those in diapers. What is the sense in living in this type of community if you can't go more than 4 houses from your home? To me that is a prisoner. Good thing I'm not a parent!!
I'm glad you like the Kuerig!! It's the best!!
Some people are just so unhappy and miserable that they do everything in their power to make others just as miserable. She probably sees how happy you are and how well you've been doing and hates it! Some people are just incapable of being happy for others.
bring your coffee maker to the lakehouse.
i saw a guy bring his to a halfway house. it sat in the common room the whole time he was there.
if there's one thing drunks and junkies appreciate, it's good coffee.
Carolyn - those are my thoughts exactly and contrary to my bitching on my blog I am an up person so who cares what she thinks about anything!
Flask - so good to hear from you it's been awhile. That last line made me giggle - so you know that about us and our guests...our lake home will be for drunks and junkies?....tee hee
We have the same coffee maker and I love to hate it too!!! I do like the fact I don't have to make coffee for my mother in law when she comes to town and simply pan left and tell her to make it herself!!! Teehee!
You can get these filter things which you can use so you can brew your own coffee--we have them and they're just OK. I tend to get coffee grinds all over the place and get all pissy before I can even get a cup of coffee. Not a good way to start the day!!!
Lizbeth - I got those filter things with the coffee maker. It was this whole costco thing. I don't intend to use it though. I have grown accustomed to being lazy about my coffee now. Thank you Keurig!
I like the Kuerig because there is no mess. Coffee grinds always end up all over the counter, sink, floor, etc. My number one pet peeve in the kitchen!
I eventually got over the whole extra $$ for coffee thing. I drink less latte's at Starbucks. Funny, I drink less coffee than I used to.
I LOVE MY KEURIG!!!
U gotta get the drawer Kcup storage thingy!!!!
Karen - YES!! my hubby couldn't make a cup of coffee to save his life without ground all over. How does he do that when we used whole beans????????? i forgot that positive.
Jessie - I looked into that but I didn't have the room for it - this worked better for my space or lack thereof.
I too don't go to Starbuck for lattes anymore either. I love this damn machine. it's sick.
Since the original neighbors, of 30+ years ago, have moved on to bigger and better things, I haven't bothered to get to know the ones that have moved in and out, since. Once my kids grew up, I couldn't see the point. I'm a hermit blob that doesn't associate with anyone, anyway.
My daughter loves her Keurig. As much coffee as I drink, I'd go broke!
I predict the next smartass comment from Ugly Carrie will be, "Hey, looks like you put a little weight back on".
Ah Mike that is too funny and spot on!!!!!
So Ms. A you are misanthropic and anti-social. I get that! That is my M.O.
Wow I can't believe she said she wouldn't have even noticed. What a bitch!
Some people are just so plastic and never happy. I hate when people don't let their kids play outside! My friend wouldn't let her daughter ride her bike out front until she was like 15! There's a bar like 3 blocks away, someone might snatch her or something. Kid was like 11 before she even learned how to ride a bike.
Mom Taxi - I don't get it either but then I would guess it depends on where you live. This community is enclosed so I don't get it. All of the schools are in the community as well so most kids walk to school. It's stepfordville. Btw, I saw her again today. Bitching as usual. I was all chirpy and happy just to annoy her. I'm a bitch like that. :-)
Person like that is unhappy with her life. Her main goal is to make others as unhappy as she is. Thankgoodness you aren't falling for this! She's the type I would stop talking to all together or at least just grunt in her direction if the need arises. That would only be if she sneeks up on me and I didn't get a chance to run away. But from your description, I should be safe ;o)
We love our Keurig, too! The K-cups are great for no-mess coffee making, but if you want those self-ground beans, it comes with a separate filter insert you can fill with your own grounds. I've used it, and think it's more trouble than it's worth.
Mamma - I tend to nod my head a lot instead of speaking. You are so right - she is miserable. Poor thing.
Bilbo - we have that filter and never have used it. We are so crazy over the K-cups that we just have never bothered.
I had to come back and read this post in it's entirety - totally cracked me up - those neighbor's of yours. Maybe she watches the Real Housewives all day? Sounds like a Rude B to me. I probably wouldn't admit it if I had moved up from the southern cesspool she is referring to ;-)
My husband's parents live in Florida and when we come visit and drive past all the strip clubs on teh way to their subdivision we vow never to move to there.
ugly carrie sounds like a beast. i think she'd get along great with my neighbor Preggie McBitchface. (who isnt actually pregnant anymore, but the name has stuck.) Preggie is just miserable and rude and never smiles and i always hear her screaming at her dog or husband.
Tammie - I may have to ship her to Oregon then. I don't get the screaming at your dog and husband thing. seriously ugly carrie screams - not talks loudly - screams! guess that is why dough boy looks so down trodden.
Post a Comment