She’s tired. She had a hard working weekend or so she claims.
I am doubting these humans a bit.
She and my human dad went to the lake.
They said they were working. Mulching, trimming weeding.
They told me they had to finish painting,removing all their clothes and emptying out the house to get ready for these damn summer tourist renters.
I don’t like this idea of people using our house. Where am I suppose to swim every weekend? How will I get to swim for fish? Or chase footballs in the water?
They went there without me. Can you believe it?
They sent me to play with dogs at doggie day care. I love it there but truth be told I’d rather be swimming. I played hard all day with other big dogs. We wrestled and ran and played with balls and they even tried to get me in a swimming pool. I would have none of it.
It doesn’t have fish to chase. It doesn’t even have a football in it to fetch!
There’s no diving in a pool. I’m a dock dog damn it!
I need some quiet time too you know. It's also great to be at one with nature.
C'mon, it's beautiful there.
I still just can't believe they went without me. Life rotates around me not them!
They said it was overcast and my mom's term was icky but it doesn't matter you can swim anytime. That was her lame statement to try to make me feel better. I bet they never even got down to the water!
I was so happy to see them when they came to pick me up. I actually hugged them and whimpered. But then I remembered – Hey I’m mad at you guys.
See this is me ignoring them and being mad. I hear them telling me stuff but I'm playing cool dog and not looking at them. But I was sure glad to see them....please don't blow my cover and tell them that 'cause I missed them terribly. But they need to punished.
When we got home they were all lovely dovey with me and acting like they really missed me. I was having none of it. They went to the lake without me. I’ll show them – I’ll just get caught up on my sleep because I’ve been playing hard for 2 days! So I slept from 3pm to 9pm. Then I got a good long walk with both of ‘em. Then I went to bed and I made sure I woke them up at 5a.m. sharp! …tee hee that’ll teach ‘em.
This morning my mom and I walked twice and I had to admit it was great to be back home.
I lost my tough exterior and I was all over her getting love and affection.
Ah, I won’t be mad anymore but they better take me the rest of the summer or else I may have to do something dog like and get on the furniture or something other dogs do.
No more Miss Nice Gal if they don’t take me swimming.You have all been warned.
7 comments:
Izzy is so sweet....love her diving in to get the football! My dogs, both lab mixes....were totally afraid of the water....well, the ocean. We'd walk them on the beach, and as the water came up the sand, they would walk to the other side, so they didn't even get their feet wet! Sheesh!
Izzy, take a dump in the living room. That'll get their attention.
Regan, I've never known a Lab to be afraid of water. She's been swimming since she was 4 months. I think if she didn't take to water my hubby would have been very upset since she loves to go fishing with him and boating.
Hey Mike - don't you encourage her now!!
oh izzy, i love it when you blog. youre the most talented dog i know!
Darn, it says the video isn't available.
Izzy, you aren't supposed to act too happy at doggy camp, they might send you there more often. Make 'em pay, give 'em "tude!" Threaten them with a doggy phobia, separation anxiety, or something dreadful!
Ms. A - don't encourage her! The video is working now but who knows how long that will last. It's short anyways.
Post a Comment