I miss drinking more than ice cream and anything chocolate.
Some people would call that a problem.
I call it old age.
You see as I have suddenly been writing a lot about lately is my damn aging.
Since my last birthday I have had the following things happen to me.
- My hip went out.
- My neck is now all old and I must wear a hat like the elephant man.
- I hurt my knee and I have no idea how and it won't go away.
If any of you watched Seinfeld there was an episode where George faked an injury because he was lazy and he got to use an electric chair that took him up and down the stairs at work.
I don't need to fake it but I sure could have used that electric chair yesterday.
My knee was killing me and I was up and down stairs all damn day.
The last time I went up and down looking for something I was yelling, "RANCH! WE ARE GOING TO BUY A DAMN RANCH!!
So you can see why drinking helps me.
I was told there wasn't a lot to do about the strained ligaments around my knee.
Ibuprophen is doing nothing but when I could drink, a few martini's were a wonder drug!
Now I know what you're all thinking.... Hey Peg they have 12 step programs for everything these days. You may want to consider AA.
But you see drinking isn't the issue here, it's the pain and injuries that are the problems.
If they would just go visit some older person and leave me the hell alone I wouldn't need that bottle of red wine or gin. (may want but not need)
I think they need an AARP 12 step program.
So if I wasn't old I wouldn't need to drink. (as much)
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
11 comments:
Oh this story is so appropriate for me now concidering I went to the doctor this afternoon and was told how I needed to do this, this and this so that when I turn 60, the muscules are still able to do this, this and this. Problem is it hurts like hell to do this, this and this. Yes it sucks getting old!
Oh and thanks to getting old I thought you typed weed in small print and I was going to say you go girl! But then I moved the bifocals up and saw it was need....
Aww Peggy here, a big hug. You know I started to do yoga some months ago and I hope it will keep my body a little fit, you know I'm not getting younger too.
Mamma - oh God that is a hoot. I wrote about the a few posts ago. I saw on the evening news that the biggest increase in marijuana smokers was we baby boomers. I'm thinking it's for pain relief right? And I think you and I are the same exact age. You're 39 right?
Ale- God how I hated Yoga. My husband loves it. I prefer pilates and have a pilates machine here at home. Trying to keep everything moving....but ya can't stop the inevitable. :-)
MEN to that...I swear, since i turned 50, my body has gone to hell in a hand-basket and my Dr. is telling me to get this test done, do this, don't do that and gosh, I just want to make it to 60; is that too much to ask!?
Aging is the pits, but the alternative is worse! I feel your pain... especially after the weekend I just had!
You too huh?
My left hip has been really clicky lately and it doesn't take much for it to feel as though it's going to pop out. Sometimes I find myself hopping because it's being stupid.
My left knee rolls often. That HURTS!
Okay Ms. A - you can not keep alluding to your "incident" that caused you pain yet not tell us. Give it up woman!
Tracy - YES! you know how Oprahs tells you that the 50's are the best. Each time she would say that I wanted to throttle her. But she can afford those dr. visits more than we mere mortals I suppose. WEll until your book sells a million copies that is.
Leisa - I wish I could tell you I had no idea what you are talking about. Sadly I get the knee roll all too well! That is how my hip started - it was clicky.
Okay I vote YOU for developing the 12 step program for AARP. You could just toss it together in a post. :)
Raquel - ooh you and Rick think alike. That is what he said. He told me it would be a fun 12 steps. I laughed because he's right it would be alcohol,and living through modern chemistry at this point.
Hey btw, Rick was so tickeled that you left a comment on his Easy Restore facebook. Thanks Roc. We just ran into a hurdle so that will set us back a few months again. But better to be ironed out NOW than later.
Post a Comment