I have been talking about aches and pains so much more this year.
The warranty on my parts seems to have run it's course don'tcha think?
On a perfectly normal week day I was flossing my teeth when I let out a yelp that I have never even heard before.
It hurt so much between this one tooth on the top left.
I finished and it was now throbbing.
I took a few ibuproben and figured that I had touched something and it would go away - no big deal. But as each day passed it was worse. Drinking anything at all, cold, hot or tepid makes me go through the roof. Obviously I can't eat on this side either.
Moral of story - don't floss! I think I would have been fine if I hadn't flossed.
Today I went to the dentist. It was not a cavity.
She is sending me to an Endodontic DDS.
You know what that means - root canal. Oh jeez.
Look I would rather go to the gynocologist over the dentist but I don't want to see either.
I also don't have dental insurance anymore so this will be thousands I just know it.
I asked the woman on the phone if I could get the preferred rate. Meaning the rate I would pay if I had insurance. She told me I could discuss that with the doctor and not here.
Great. I no longer have any shame about this. I need help so I have to ask.
If I could go on with this mind numbing pain I would just not get this done.
I would just put it off until another time.
However I can't eat, drink or breathe in air.
That causes a slight problem since I want to continue to live.
This shit has got to stop happening.
And since drinking anything makes it worse there is no wine in my life either.
Honestly, if my body were a car I'd trade it in!
15 comments:
oh peggy, im sorry you're body is totaled.
i like how you said you have no shame. ive gotten to be the same way when it comes to job hunting. yesterday i took my son to the video game store and i asked if they were hiring. the guy looked AT MONTY and said, "oh are you looking for work buddy?" i wanted to scream, "NO! I AM, YOU PIMPLY FACED PUD MONKEY!" but i didnt.
oh, also Anthropologie didnt hire me. Fuckers.
also, i hope your tooth is better soon. and that it doesnt cost you and arm and a leg. or a tooth. :)
when it comes to job hunting im ruling out nothing, but i already want to kill people so i may not want to choose work that will make me want to do that even more. :)
YIKES!! I hope you feel better soon!
Go buy some Ora Gel and Sensodyne toothpaste, pronto!
Feel better soon!
You poor girl! At even the thought of an exposed root, I cringe. I've had a root canal, though, and that really wasn't so bad. It's WAY better than the exposed root and the pain meds make it just plain fun in the aftermath. ;) I hope it goes smoothly for you!
I have a tooth I need to replace. The doc wants to give me a partial plate for $2000 and I want a root canal. I'm still thinking about it and trying to find the money.
Ms.A - using Anbesol like crazy!
Lindsay - it wasn't that bad huh? Hmmm....at this point I'd do anything not to have this pain. I'm thirsty as hell and any time I drink something I want to cry the pain is off the charts.
Charlene - the quote for the root canal was 1692 so the partial plate isn't much more. But I'd rather keep my teeth and do the root canal too.
Yikes! That's expensive! I've had quite a few root canals and it really isn't that bad, just a long process that takes a couple of visits and I'm sure the cost they quoted you didn't include the cap that the tooth will need afterwards (betting they didn't tell you that part). Sounds goofy but go find a college of dentistry. They will do it at a fraction of the cost and you'll be helping a future dentist (ok I know it sounds like crap, but I've heard of some others who do this for the very reason that you gave: it's the only way they can afford the work done to their mouth).
I'm so sorry for your pain, Peg. That totally sucks! I have awful teeth, always have.....I had 3 root canals before I was 18! My last one (the 5th), I actually fell asleep during it.....the dentist was "Dr. Painless!"....but I can't see him anymore, cuz he was WAY too expensive! My new dr is pretty good, too....I actually let him drill (a little) on a tooth without novicain. I know....crazy, right?
Here's hoping you have a painless procedure.....and some wine the minute you can feel your face again!
I think it's really dumb that you get a better discount if you have insurance. Ummm hello? If you don't have insurance you probably have less money??
I've been putting one off for quite awhile. I really should go in and get it done. TG I do have a tiny bit of dental insurance but not enough to cover the whole thing.
Mamma - Believe it or not I did look into dental colleges. I was given a list of those in DC and Northern VA where I live. I was told I had to make - get this - I had to have an annual income 200% lower than the Federal Poverty Level. So instead of a struggling worker I have to be unemployed it appears. What good does that do? So I do not qualify. I make 65% less income than I used to but that isn't 200% lower than the federal poverty level. So I am screwed. The good ole USA.
Regan - I will be having that drink as soon as I can. I tried drinking last night from a straw - didn't help. Then I opened my mouth and whined and the air sent me to through the roof. I laughed because at this point of dehydration and hunger that is all that I can do. :-)
Julie - thx for seeing the ridiculous side of this insurance issue. It's so backwards isn't it? As it stands I must make 2 payments of $847.50. Plus get the "hole" filled by my dentist when this is done and that was quoted to me as just under $200.00
I need to win a large lottery!
Yep! I'm hearing you. Dentists, to me, rank right up there on the Scare-o-meter with gynocologists too...and that's saying something! Hope you get some relief soon!
Post a Comment