- I am thankful that we got 5 days away.
- I am thankful that it was quiet and relaxing.
- I am thankful that I had the opportunity to catch up on long needed sleep. Why can I sleep so much better at the lake house?
- I am thankful that we got 3/4 of our bathroom upstairs at the lake house finished.
and this -
To This -
And This -
This all started because we were given free tile so we used it on the floor.
I still need to do a 2nd coat on the walls and the frame around the mirror needs to be finished. I couldn't wait to repaint from the horrid blue color.
The rest won't get done until spring now but we got a good portion of the work completed and we were both so thankful.
The only thing in the room that is new is the sink and tile around the counter top.
Oh my hubby made the counter top as well. Everything else was either free or we had or I just painted it to give it new life.
So that was my Thanksgiving. I watched some PPV movies, drank some wine, was no where near family and had a delightful time!



12 comments:
Good job!
I like the blue color, but then it's not my lake house. SMILE
Was no where near family...haha
A good bunch of things to be grateful for ;)
Sounds like good times...I liked the blue too.
Charlene - Thanks!! I like that blue too when we first bought a lake house. I made everything lakey/beachy colors etc. But now it feels different and the color needed to go. My husband did not like the gray until it was on the walls and he just kept saying he loved it.
The bathroom looks great!!! I am about to have my bedroom completely redone this week and I can't wait!
Carolyn - Thank you! I love doing this stuff. I am especially proud of how well my husbands counter top turned out. He made it as I said. I just loved it!
I love relaxing Thanksgiving weekends.
And I LOVE the new sink!
Your bathroom is beautiful :)
Someday I'll get to have a pretty bathroom, right?
Lindsay I am sure your bathroom is great. And once the girls don't need little steps to climb up to brush their teeth and the little potties it will be great.
But I am sure it is perfect just the way it is now!
ooh the bathroom looks so classy and pretty. i kinda liked the blue too, but i can see how youd be sick of it after a while.
the last sentence of this post cracked me up. in my opinion, EVERY holiday is much better spent no where neat family. :)
Thanks Tammie!
holidays with no family drama is always a good holiday.
Lucky you. I'm still recovering from Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment