FINALLY! It's election day and we can finally rid ourselves of these awful commercials!
That alone is reason enough to vote.
This was halloween at our house Sunday night. Iz sits and watches all the comings and goings and doesn't move. She is quite entertained by all the sights and sounds.
Didn't get as many children this year so we have a boat load of full size snickers and reeses p.b.cups. Thankfully I do not like either which is why I bought them. Rick will be eating these all year now. The kids were great. Cute, polite and funny. There was one kid that was a bit forward but his brother took care of it so quickly that it made me laugh. (I just couldn't let them see it.)
There were 5 or 6 boys all together. All of varying ages. The smaller ones were up front when they came to the door. The youngest one says very loudly, "Whoa, full size bars can I have two?"
Before I could say anything the big brother in the back came forward and said, "You don't ask that! What would Mom say to you...jeez that is so rude Justin?"
"Ah I'm sorry?"
"Tell this person not me."
Looking down at his bag he mutters, "I'm sorry"
"Thank you" was all I could say. I was going to tell him he could have one of each but after his brother did all that I felt like I just couldn't very well undermine the big brothers discipline. The big brother was all of 11 and said he was sorry to me too.
I just thought it was cute as hell.
Did any of you see Portia De Rossi on Oprah yesterday?
I really was moved by it. It moved me in a lot of ways and levels.
I just wanted to hug her. The depth of her pain was killing me.
I have Oprah's last season on DVR so then while making dinner I can watch the show.
I was chopping veggies for stew and I had to keep wiping my eyes.
I am surprised I still have 10 digits because at points I couldn't see what I was cutting through all my tears for her.
What did you all think? Was it just me?


3 comments:
There wasn't a lot of trick or treaters at my house either this year. I just feel like it's so different than it used to be. I remember the streets being flooded with kids when I was younger. Now I barely see any.
I have the episode on DVR and will watch it sometime this week. I hope I cry too. I need a good cry.
Our family opted for a church carnival,,,after getting tipsy playing Amy Winehouse last week I felt it was a good balance.
My house did get egged though. Bastard! I have a good idea which kid did it and I refuse to get it up becauue when I see the little nusiance I will make him scrub it up himself.
all the kids in my neighborhood were really polite and sweet too. i was kinda shocked.
i didnt watch oprah but now i kinda want to. i wonder if i can find it online or something....
Post a Comment