Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday ramblings

***A few weeks ago I told you that the neighbors on both sides of us have moved.
The one side is now empty.
The other side is noisy as all get out.
We would LOVE to know what the hell they are doing in there.

There are 6 townhomes in a row - something like this.


There are firewalls in between and I have lived in one of these for 10 yrs now and I have never ever heard my neighbors. 

The back story on this new family is as follows.
The young family who moved into the end unit next door and are only here until their single family home is finished being built.  They have only told us this 12 times. The original owners of the townhome moved a few blocks away into a very large McMansion and rent this out now. The young woman who lives there is pregnant and they have a very loud and whiny 3 year old girl.  Her husband travels a lot for work so she is home alone a great deal.

They are the nosiest people we have ever come across!
Sunday took the cake on the volume and amount of noise they made.
The windows and doors open because it was a nice autumn day outside.

After a day of chores we settled down and poured ourselves a glass of wine each.
The dog was sleeping by the fireplace and we could sit and just relax and talk. 
As was the case for the last week it sounded like they were throwing furniture against the wall.  This went on for over an hour.  We kept asking one another what it could be that they are doing over there?  After the 2nd glass of wine we were coming up with some funny ideas.
Hey they are circus people!
Then out of nowhere they were outside on the patio.  The adults were whooping and hollering and yee-ha'ing. The kids were just screaming.  We looked at each other like, is it Mardi Gras and we don't know about it? It was crazy. 

Rick asked if this could be about a football game since they had company and they were all in the partying loud mode on a Sunday afternoon.  So we turned on tv and looked for the local team game.  No the game was over and they had won - 2 hrs ago. Then 40 minutes after the hootin' and hollerin' began it stopped and all went inside.  Then the banging on the walls started. WTF are they doing over there?

We've had neighbors have parties with the music blaring and have never even heard the music or the party until we arrived at their party.  So what in the world could this be?

I would love to ask them but I don't know them well enough yet and so I think I may wait a bit more as I get to know them. It's not annoying us we are just curious as hell.
They moved here from Miami and as the young wife told me 100 times she isn't used to this life without a door man and valet parking.  (I think that was impressive to her because she told me this a dozen times) But if she lived in a high rise condo I can't image that this type of noise went unnoticed and not ever mentioned to her.

***In the meantime I want to discuss something that so many in bloggerland are talking about.  Dumb Guys.
Dumb Men who tweet to/with their mistresses, dumb men who send camera phone photo's of their "manhood"  (or little viking in this current case) to their mistresses and dumb men who leave voice mails on their mistresses phones.  Honestly have they such big egos that they don't think they will get caught like Tiger and Jesse? (to name only 2)

So now Ashton and Bret Farve are hogging our headlines with their stupid tweets and pictures. Their poor wives. 
My favorite comment in the Bret Farve incident that I read yesterday was that when asked why now did she feel the need to come forward, she said...."she was offered a lot of money now so that is why she came forward."  Wow, what a surprise huh? 
A fame whore who is boinking a married man and she is getting paid bucket loads of money!  Ah such a nice classy woman. Why the hell did I go to college anyway?  I could have made a lot of money so much sooner and been retired now.  But then if I was prone to do such a thing I would probably be inclined to stay in the limelight so who knows what this ole cougar would be up to.  Or possibly dead from a communicable disease.

***Mad Men is by far the best yet of all seasons.
Only one episode left and honestly I can't bear it.
This show is so good that when it's over I want to rewind and watch it again.
And I sometimes do.....Yes, I am that nerdy.
Every nuance, every item on the set, the clothes, the dialogue. 
There was a moment when Don's secretary handed him a pile of phone messages on those old pink memo's. One of the people who called was Emerson Foote, who was an infamous advertising giant in '65 and he quit his job as chairman of his advertising firm because he didn't want to represent big tobacco anymore. But his secretary just said his name and that he called so if you don't know who that is it meant nothing to you. 
I love that they do this. It was perfect!
I love those obscure references. 
I am sure there are many more things like that I miss or don't understand. 
I just love this show and there is no doubt in my mind that this year is the best of all. 
The woman's movement is playing itself out in such a way that it is sometimes painful for me to witness. I am cheering Peggy (a.k.a. Margaret Olson) on to make it in this man's world and survive without having to resort to what they expect from her.  She and Don are my favorite characters on the show and when they are in a scene together it is perfect chemistry.
But I must say that the snarky remarks that Roger Sterling makes do make me laugh out loud and are always so smart.

Those are my Tuesday thoughts.
What's been on your mind?  Are you watching Mad Men? Or are you looking at the "little viking" picture all over the web?

11 comments:

Jem aka Jessie @Luna Pacifica said...

I hate, full on HATE, annoying neighbors. Sorry, P. Hope they shut up soon.

Raquel's World said...

The neighbors......Okay that would drive me insane. I have a crazy neighbor lady but she is quiet.

Good to hear from you!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jess - I hate annoying neighbors too. We'll see how this one plays out.

Raquel - you have crazy and I have pretentious and crazy. trade ya!

Anonymous said...

ive been fairly lucky so far in that most of my neighbors are pretty quiet. (does this mean we're the noisy ones? hmmmm....)

i dont watch mad men but need to. its on my netflix queue and i think we're going to catch up on the whole series one weekend soon.

i hate brett favre. always have. also: i really wish women would quit getting excited when they see a picture of a mans penis. yeah, its a penis. big whoop. just once i'd like to hear about a celeb sending penis pics and the woman texting back, 'what the fuck is wrong with you? put that back in your pants, grow up a bit, and then you can call me.' now THAT would be news worthy.

Anonymous said...

oh and your pretentious neighbor pisses me off. i hope her house is finished soon.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie: I would LOVE it if a woman did that. But then she'd have some class and we never hear about those types of women. Only ho's.

Yea, I introduced myself and the first thing out of her mouth was, I am having a house built in such and such neighborhood - I couldn't stand to live in these dumps. Why thank you....and she went on about her valet parking and her door man. C'mon!

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Oh, Dear! HATE noisy neighbors! A long time ago, after I was first married to my first husband, we lived in a small apartment on Staten Island. Another sweet couple lived above us.

One night, they had a HUGE, loud fight, THROWING things at each other, which of course eventually came crashing to the floor (right on top of our ceiling!). It was terrible. He eventually left her and we finally got a good night's sleep!

To answer your question on my blog: My happy place is definitely sitting in Cleveland Browns Stadium along with all the 50,000 other poor, delusional fans who constantly repeat, "Maybe THIS year!!"

Charlene said...

I was watching Mad Men every Sunday but stopped at the beginning of this season because Don got on my last nerve. I remember when women were all "girls" in the office and making coffee was more important than your brains and creativity.

Dick pics? I got so many of those when local AOL chats were all the rage in the late 90's. They were "supposedly" of local guys who met with a Sunday breakfast group and I told the group once that I had so many I was going to publish a "coffee table" book without captions and award a prize for the ones that could be identified.

There were people who believed me.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Charlene - that is what makes this year so good - Don is different and better. So good.

A coffee table book eh? that's a hoot...but funnier that people actually believed you.

Carma Sez said...

is the little viking picture seriously on the web??? I must be living with my head in the sand. I heard of it but did not know the photo had circulated..And I'm with you on this early retirement plan!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Sadly the "little viking" is on the web. Someone asked me if I wanted to see it they'd send me the link. gee, I'll pass.