Monday, October 25, 2010
Smoke on the Water
Izzy began whimpering to go swimming at 6a.m.
I am not a morning person and I sure as hell wasn't about to head out in the dark and very cold without coffee. She would have to deal with it. I mumbled, "be like other dogs and go by yourself" She just tilts her head and looks at me like I'm the meanest woman she's ever seen.
She wants someone to throw the ball in the water so she can fetch and swim back.
Note to self, teach her games to play by herself.
At 8 a.m. on Saturday we head down the hill that is our back yard on a 38degree brisk morning. Brrrr......The water was 65 degrees which caused the fog hovering over the water to seem like an apparition. Made for a cool photo though.
The water was so calm and the only sounds were birds and nature.
I prefer the sound of my rhythmic breathing while wrapped up in my down comforter to lull myself to sleep. Obviously that wasn't happening this morning.
Izzy likes to fetch or I should say, used to like to fetch balls and sticks that we would throw in the water. But over labor day the little boy visiting had a small football. That is all she wants anymore. She sees one in someones yard and she grabs it. She found one in the woods and after she picked it up she practically dragged me home so she could play with it.
She is obsessed with footballs.
We actually had to buy 20 of these little things. K-Mart no less. I haven't been to a K-mart in years. (like maybe 25yrs) Anyway they told us there that they only had 1 but to go online to buy them. We got 10 small footballs for $2.00 a piece with free shipping. O.k. good deal. Since after she's done fetching with one ball for awhile she will surgically remove the stitching. Seriously, surgically remove the stitching.
You could sew it back together because she does it like she has a seam ripper for pete's sake. (weird ass dog)
So here is what we did all weekend.
Who would have thought that me having rotator cuff and labrum surgery 3 years ago would be a blessing? I can only throw with my right hand and since my surgery I can no longer throw for hours anymore so I get the easier part of the deal than Rick's.
I tried to embed this but for some reason it will not accept it. I even tried other videos and it would accept those. I get so frustrated with blogger so here is just the link.
Rick cut the video off in an odd place at the end but it's cool how you can see the reflection of a bright orange tree by our dock in the water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
That is way too cute!! My dogs hate the water, I wish they would just want to dive right in like that! My old dog, who passed away a few years ago, loved to swim! He would dive right into a pool and swim for hours. It was adorable.
It sounds like it was a great weekend.
My dog LOVES to play in the water. Sometimes he'll even crawl into an inner tube and go so sleep on the water.
hee hee. your dog is such a spoiled little girl. she really is your child.
oh, and this phrase: Note to self, teach her games to play by herself.
, i cant tell you how many times ive thought that about my own kids.
Tammie - yes she is spoiled and we created this monster. Yes, she is my child since I have no human children. It's pathetic and the fact that I never liked animals this isn't lost on me. :-)
Carolyn - I swear if I had a pool she would be in it all the time and winter would be hell because she wouldn't understand why she couldn't go in the pool. The 3 ft of snow mean nothing to her.
What a silly dog!! My dogs all have never cared too much for the water. My first one would dive in for ducks and if he thought we were drowning he'd swim out to us and then swim back lol.
Taxi Julie - that is so cute though that he would try to save you even if you weren't drowning.
Beautiful video, I just could feel the chill.
I miss my doggies. Be glad you have such a sweetie to keep you company and keep you moving. They are blessings in disguise.
That first photo is magical. You caught the reflection perfectly. See! It was the perfect time to through Izzy her football. Maybe she can come play or the San Diego Chargers because lately, they suck.
Post a Comment