I mentioned a few weeks ago that due to some health issues
I have been ordered to slow down to achieve balance.
I did drop all my "after school" activities that took time and brought on some stress.
I took 2 classes and did a plethora of other things that I now don't know how I had time for.
I find it amazing that I had time to do it all. No wonder I was stress girl.
Last evening I finished work at 6pm, threw in a load of laundry and then went downstairs to begin a simple dinner of a big ole pot of chili with corn meal muffins for the hubby.
I still can not find a gluten free corn meal muffin recipe that is edible and gluten free. Sometimes those 2 words don't work well together.
After dinner I did dishes and another load of laundry I was ready to call it a night.
It was just past 9pm. I thought I could do 1 more load of sheets from the company that stayed over last week. I also thought I could maybe get the stairs vacuumed so they look like a carpet and not just stairs of dog hair.
Instead I listened to Rick when he suggested I just sit my ass down and watch some TV with him. I did. Nothing fell apart, died, or crashed down around me.
The earth did not stop spinning. And best of all this morning before he left for work Rick vacuumed the stairs because he knew it was bothering me. (he did this while I was showering....gotta love that boy!)
It's a new interesting way of life is all I'm saying right now, and hopefully it makes a difference.
In other news....
In the world of Verizon I have been in verizon hell today. This morning I learned that I did not have any FIOS connection. No internet and of course no email. I called at 6:30a after I turned on my work computer and realized this was going to be a day from hell. They said they were working on it and it would be on shortly. They were right. I got 1/2 of my service back within an hour. But only 1/2 of my service. Which you might say is better than none but....
I was told to call this particular 888 number. I did and I followed the 125 prompts. I stood on my left foot and held my right hand in the air and did as i was told.
I was disconnected. How dare they. I was doing the hokey poky and turning my self around and yet they weren't helping me. I call again. I get a human after a 15 minute wait.
Here is my biggest problem. They do not listen. They hear a word and they grab it and never hear another thing and ASSUME the issue which was NOT the issue at hand.
I did not have email. I asked if it was normally done in parts since I have internet now but now email. They want to walk me through how to set up my email. Oh my goodness I wanted to scream. I let her. She said, "Oh that isn't the issue." No shit sherlock.
I explain it again and she repeats something completely different. Then tells me there is nothing she can do. WHAT?
After 2 1/2 hours of this frustration I remember that last year I was given a supervisors number and name. I never wanted to use it because I felt like it was over the line. I did not want to abuse this privilege. But today I decided it was okay to abuse away. I called him.
He too got the run around and got frustrated. He pointed out, "See we have no short cuts either with the Verizon phone system from hell so bear with me as we walk threw all these prompts." Then he was disconnected. He swore and I laughed.
Not that being disconnected was funny mind you but that he now really understood my pain. He then laughed and asked me where I got his number because he was going to have to fire that guy. We both chuckled. We finally got to someone and they promised it will be fixed today. I imagine that could mean midnight tonight. It all sucks is all I'm saying.
I really needed to vent that. Rick thanks you too because if I didn't purge it here he'd get the brunt of it when he shows up tonight.
In other frustrating news....
There was a blog I used to read. I say used to because as of today I no longer will read it anymore. This person seems to always ask for money. I am amazed at the amount of kind and foolish people who send her money.
This time it was to help buy a car for her son to get back & forth to work.
Oh there is the typical blame on the economy, her family, her lost job and now her poor paying job and all the work involved with her kids.
Now before you write me and tell me I am a cruel and heartless woman I want you to clearly understand what I am saying. Then you can call me that.
Who isn't living this today? The economy has affected us all in a variety of ways. Each different but none the less stressful to us. Who doesn't have issues with family, kids, work, money, and illness stress?
It is done well and she can weave a great sad story. And in this bloggers defense she does this for strangers as well which I find very kind and selfless. But I find it all in such bad taste to do this for oneself. I understand that if people want to give that is their right and if she feels comfortable begging that too is her right.
I have free will as well and have decided that I can not read this anymore.
It saddens me on so many levels and makes me feel uncomfortable.
In other hot news.....
Rick thought he would surprise me with a bag of candy corn. Candy corn is crack to me. You can't bring me candy corn. I can't eat one. I can't eat 12. I want the whole bag. Then I feel like crap. So I begged him to take them to his work truck - anything get them out of the house. The gesture was sweet but my Lord I can't have them in the house. Now that the neighbors on both sides of me have moved within the last 30 days and there are no kids I can give them to I must throw them out if he doesn't take them away.
This morning I put the bag on his folder so when he left he'd take them.
I saw at lunch time that he took them off his folder, took folder to work, and left them there on the island. How did I know this? I heard those little fokkers calling me. "Peggy, come and get me. I am sweet and delicious and you can just have a couple. NO. I. CAN'T.
I went downstairs to throw them away. As I walked to the garbage can I opened them.
Ah shit. I ate a handful. I don't even want to know how many.
I threw them in the garbage and pushed them down.
Right now I am on the 2nd floor in my office and I still hear a faint muffled cry, get me out, eat me, I'm still yummy, no coffee grinds on me.....Peggy, Peg, whatever you want me to call you just come get me out of here!!
I hope Rick is home soon so he can take out the garbage!!
10 comments:
uh, hi.
can you send me ten dollars?
i don't need it for anything in particular.
i would just like ten dollars. from everybody. that would suit me just fine.
and i know how you feel about the candy corn. i, too, have a kryptonite candy, but i'm not telling what. it's nto a big secret; it's just more fun to say that i'm not telling.
and it gets better: my captcha word is REPTAR! can you believe it?
I feel ya on the asking for money thing. Sometimes they ask outright and sometimes it's a bit strategic but asking all the same. I don't feel blogging is the platform to ask for personal money either, but apparently it works because I see it a lot. Just my simple opinion.
Well, I can't say candy corn is my thing, but give me a package of Oreos and I'm done for. I usually eat a few then do your trick of throwing them in the garbage. Then I have to talk myself out of getting them out by telling myself that if I got a cookie out of my own garbage I would be reaching an all time low.
Peg, I don't care how much you need to, and how much you want to, I don't think you are ever going to be the laid back type who sits around relaxing. I see a lot of me in you and I know as hard as I try I haven't been able to accomplish it either. Keep trying but, go with your own flow. You accomplish a lot and you're awesome just the way you are. P.S. I have Verizon too and when there's a prob. it sucks but, it's the same with all of them. Hope all is up and working again soon. Blessings
Hahaha, hilarious, the last one.
I totally can feel your pain.
you've got to be kidding about the blog - say it isn't so!! I can't believe that people seriously send in money for a "cause" such as that????
I hope you are feeling better; I notice that on days that I am not running around like a lunatic I feel so much happier...
Enjoy your new reduced schedule!!
I had a minor disagreement with my bank Tuesday morning but as I was only a minor customer the only people free to deal with me looked young enough to be still at school.After giving them any number of names,words and numbers they seemed happy that I was who I said I was,but if thats what the computor says is in my account,then thats it.They couldnt print me off a statement and I couldn't look at their computor but they could send me one in the post,and yes that would take three or four days.No I couldn't make an appointment to see someone because they don't make appointments over such small amounts.Well it might be small to them!!!%>?
Firs, your compulson to do another load of sheets and vacuum the steps is like my friend Anne. Her husband does nothing to help; he better note dare because her way is the only way. When she complains about how tired she is, etc. I just shut up.
I donate to causes I want to donate to. I am cold to the repeated solicitations by mail, phone, e.mail. It is shameless to do this on blogs. Evidently it works with most though.
Candy corn? Oh man, I can't get near it. Also candy corn and salted peanuts will seduce you to the edges of hell.
i LOVE candy corn. i will eat it by the bag full. i would totally eat it out of the trash.
I admit it, I think the world revolves around me (the voices in my head made me write that). When I read the words there is a blog I used to read my heart stopped for just a moment. I thought, "great I pissed someone else off."
Sorry you lost a blog you liked to read (the evil me is glad it wasn't mine). As you well know, I feel your phone pain.
Tammie - I almost did get it out of the garbage.
I told the Big Guy last night that he can not bring this into the house again…….until next year.
Charlene - think you got this all wrong. My hubby does almost all the cooking, cleans bathrooms and does it well. He does laundry if I'd let him.....its about a bet we made a long time ago NOT that I want to control laundry. So this is not about control or a lazy partner. I work 50 hour weeks at a job that exhausts me and it no more than any mom does on any given week. I am not complaining because I am tired. I have serious health issues and yet I want to pretend I don't so that I can just live my life like I don't.
Post a Comment