Not a real post today. But something I wanted to share with you all.
I saw this video early this morning. I keep thinking about it as I sit at my desk today.
Is he really homeless? As the article says along with the video, so many people are today that never thought they would be there. Or is he making a statement? I don't care either way this is a powerful video and it needs to be seen.
Interesting isn't it? Good music and Kermit, can't go wrong there can you?
Your thoughts?
5 comments:
this is very powerful and moving.
hmmm...is he homeless? dont know. but there are a lot of people who are homeless so in my opinion, for the sake of the message he's trying to get across, it doesnt really matter.
along these lines: i was talking to my best friend the other day and she and her family still live in the town i grew up in in southwest florida. she went to a PTA meeting the other night and the principal was giving a speech about the students who attend the school. Ten years ago, only 40% of the student body qualified for free or reduced lunch. Now it's up to 70%. Even more staggering though, is that a significant portion of the student population is 'homeless', living in hotels week by week.
i know, by saying this to you, that im kinda preaching to the choir here, but the face of homelessness isnt what it used to be. the face of homelessnes now is the faces of entire families.
I agree if he isn't it doesn't matter it's a powerful and moving video.
That is so sad about that area in Florida. 70% is like holy shit!
Homelessness scares the hell out of me. And I know it can happen to anyone too quickly. I don't wish that on a soul!
That is awesome, and he has a great talent, I wish that he find a good job soon.
Homelessness is terrible, I think.
Hi Margaret,What can you say,we have the same in the UK.You would think our two great countrys could find a way to solve this problem,maybe one day.
Kermit's always been a hero. Very touching commentary for us all. Thanks for the sharing of this.
Post a Comment