I'm heading north for a few days to visit the family.
My sister from the west coast will be there with her family.
So all 5 of the sisters will be in town at the same time.
Should be crazy.
I am going up alone and I admit the 6-6 1/2 hour drive is daunting to me.
I am like a baby in the car.
You all know those babies/toddlers that are screaming and as soon as you get them in the car they relax and fall asleep?
That is me.
That poses a slight problem when I must drive.
I could sleep for 2 straight days but immediately upon getting in a car for any length of time I must put my head back and nap.
I am leaving tomorrow at noon so nothing but a light lunch if any at all so that I won't add anymore reasons to want a nap other than being in the car.
My sister from the west, better known as Stephanie, is already there.
I spoke to her 2 days ago and heard about all the work we have ahead of us.
Yard work, sprucing up the house, things that our parents are having a hard time doing these days. I told her to get busy so by the time I get there they are almost done.
It looks like another Advil week.
But it will be great to see all my nieces and nephews as well as my folks.
(yeah, talk to me about this when I get home!)
So many of you out in blog land talk about being writers and the hope to be published one day.
I thought of you all when I saw this link in the newspaper the other day.
This page will ask you to put some of your work in the area designated.
It can be the novel you are working on, a blog entry etc.
It will tell you the author you are most like in terms of writing style.
It's just for fun.
I am not a writer as we all know, but thought that might be fun to leave you.
I posted several blog posts on the site and found it interesting.
So I thought all you writers out there may get a giggle out of it as well.
So I leave you this link today.
Enjoy! I'll be back next week.

8 comments:
Have fun! Can't wait to hear about your adventure when you return.
Thanks. AND it will be an adventure
Safe Driving Peggy and I will have my fingers crossed for you that all the work is finished when you pull up in the drive ;) .
Thank you Jen - I'm keeping my fingers crossed too.
Have fun, be careful, see you when you get back!
i played around with that website the other day too!
have fun on your trip. drive safe.
Have a great visit...and to answer your question at Jay's...Bog Leather Couch publishes 5 days a week (M-F) - the others post when their specific subjects are needed (food, music, music, fiction) and I always announce it on the BLC.
Thanks for asking
Hi!
Decided I needed to follow you based on Lindsay's recommendation. (Just My Blog) Looking forward to getting to know you when you return.
Beth
http://www.bethszimmerman.com
Post a Comment