Thursday, July 29, 2010

Don't Speed.

In Northern VA if you get a traffic ticket and don't pay on time they send you a very nice letter in the mail to inform you that your license has been suspended. 
If you pay your fine late then you must bring your receipt to the DMV and show them that you have paid so that they can reinstate your drivers license.

This is what happened to my husband. 
He left the ticket in his work veheicle.
If he had brought it into the house I would have paid it. 
Yet, somehow this event became my fault. Hmm...imagine that.

After reading his mail last week he looked at me and said, "Didn't you ever pay my ticket?"
I had no idea what the hell he was talking about but apparently my tone really fired him up.
He went to my desk and began moving things around and well that didn't make me happy shall we say.
After he turned my neat desk into a small mess he asked, "What did you do with the ticket?"
Again I say, "I never saw your ticket Richard."
Yes, formal names are now being used.....I'm pissed.
I suggest he look in his work truck.

He goes outside and imagine my surprise when he comes in holding his ticket.
He mumbles something like, "Sorry I'm just a big ole jerk aren't I?  Because you are the omnipotent one and I should always listen to you." 
Yea, he said something like that.

I immediately pay the ticket online and now he has to go to the DMV which really makes the big bear grumble.  I chuckle because I know I don't want to go to the DMV to sit for hours.
Thankfully this isn't my problem because I was not the one caught speeding for once.
And I didn't leave it in his truck.  It is just my fault you see.

Now here in northern VA we can renew our license online. 
No new pictures need to be taken  just fill out the paper work and they will use the current photo on your license. 
They will then mail you your new license that is no longer in color but it has all these halograms and such as well as the photo from 1997. 
Odd to me but that is what they do. 
And since he had more hair in 1997 he didn't mind keeping that photo.

But when he got to the DMV they grabbed his license quickly and cut it up. 
They told him he had to have a new license now that he was in there in person. 
He explained that he just got this one in May 2010. 
Doesn't matter if you show up you have to go by the new laws invoked since 9/11.
The cheery people who work there instructed Rick where to go next to get his photo taken.

The DMV "happy" people told Rick to take off his glasses. 
No photo's can be taken with glasses.
Because he was working he had on a baseball cap with company logo. 
They made him take the hat off as well.  So now he has "hat head" oh so attractive! 
They tell him he can NOT smile or show teeth only stare at the camera. 
They ask him to open his eyes more, real wide they yell - then click! 

The result is so horrendous I begged to have him allow me to put it up on my blog.
He will not. 
After all those funny mustache and swim trunk pictures he draws the line at this apparently.

He looks like a deranged serial killer for sure. 
His hair is all funky, his eyes are opened very wide like he is on coke or some such drug.
His head is in a position where he looks like he is listening to the voices in his head. 
Honest to God if you saw this man you would run for your life. 
I took one look at this picture and about peed my pants.

This alone will make me honor the speed limit. 
I do not want to have my photo taken like this!
Apparently this is how they spot terrorists....yea right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely can't stand my DL photo. I swear I look like I'm dead. One time a police officer pulled me over and looked at my license and started laughing.
Mary

Raquel's World said...

Don't you love it when you are right and they have no choice but to admit it? I wold remind "Ole Ricky" that's why he ended up with that foul pic for the next 8-10 years,,, As a reminder that you are always right.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

He knows I'm always right Raquel but he still fights it and that makes me laugh.

As I like to say, I may be less right but I am never wrong.
:-)

Anonymous said...

poor rick.

i hate the dmv. i still havent gotten my oregon license. im putting it off.....