The water was cold (65) the air was crisp (67) and the water was like glass. Great for boating and there were a lot of other boaters doing the same. I love boating this time of year because the leaves are falling and it smells great, you see a whole lot more of everything because the trees are thinning out. Izzy loved all the ducks she saw, that kept her perched up front of the boat watching them all.
It's that sad time of year when the hammock comes down and all the outside furniture comes in or gets covered. The refridgerator and cupboards are emptied and it just makes me sad.
Izzy was in heaven and swam her little head off. She didn't think it was that cold. Brrr....
It's funny but I actually feel badly for her that she has nothing but a city dogs life for the next few cold months. She is so free there, no leashes, running so hard her ears are back and being able to smell everything and anything. Her tail is in constant motion she is so happy. And she sleeps a lot there as well from all the exercise.
Rick and I feel the same. I swear as soon as we pull into the driveway our blood pressure lowers and it's so relaxing. I love the smell of all the trees and fall leaves. It's a bitch to rake an acre of trees but the smell is the best. We did a lot of work on the house and getting things ready for winter but we also had a wonderful time. We drank a lot of wine Saturday while working which I must confess makes for a lot more laughter and fun for tedious jobs that neither of us wanted to tackle.
And then late afternoon on a beautiful Saturday we hunkered down together into the double hammock wrapped in a comforter and had a wine nap, a full 2 1/2 hour wine together with Izzy sleeping by the side of the hammock the whole time with us. She was swimmer dog tired, we were just buzzed in the middle of the afternoon.....life is great.
Now back to city life....kicking and screaming all the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment