Saturday, August 8, 2026

Scared Pantless

I wear a bone conducting headset like the one below.
Last night Rick fell asleep in his ugly chair. It was late but I really wanted to finish something I had recorded on HGTV.



Since he was asleep I changed the channel and using Bluetooth on my TV I put on my headset. This way it could be loud but Rick couldn't hear anything.

When my show was over, I woke Rick to go to bed.
Off to bed we went. I fell asleep pretty quickly.

Around 2AM Rick heard people talking in the house. It was faint but he was sure it was people talking. He grabbed his baseball bat and began to go towards the hall as quietly as he could. 

Now you need to know this, Rick sleeps naked.
So with his bat and naked he walks into the hall.
As he's telling me all this, this morning, I am snickering, "so you're naked, holding a bat with a big stick,eh?"
At least it made the man laugh.

As he got into the hall is when he heard a TV commercial. When he got into the living room he saw that the TV was off, No one was in our home. However I did not turn off my headset last night. I just took it off and went to bed. I put it on the coffee table. He was hearing my headset. How he heard this I will never know. It was so faint and not close by.

This stroke has given him the ability to hear and smell like a dog...except when I talk of course.

Needless to say he was thrilled no one had broken into our home. But I got an earful. We had some good laughs this morning about it. Thankfully for the insipid TV commercial with the lawyer on top of a semi screaming "I'm on top of it", he could relax.

As he was enjoying his morning coffee, he turned to me and said, "This is going to be blog fodder isn't it?"
He knows me so well

20 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, lawyers are missing out on a whole new advertising opportunity -- commercials accompanying breakins! They could do ads targeting the homeowner to help with insurance claims. Or representing the homeowner if they kill an intruder with, say, a baseball bat. And then lawyers could also target ads to the criminals to represent them at their trials. GOLDMINE!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Crazy thinkin' there Debra. 🤣🤣

DB Stewart said...

This should become the script for a (hilarious) commercial for "bone" conducting headsets, lol. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

No need to be sorry, great idea.

Abby said...

That would freak me out if I woke up hearing voices. Still, I think I'd cover up before heading out to investigate, but who knows? Maybe because of his super duper hearing, Rick is just used to it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

No, he was freaked out!! I too sleep in my birthday suit but i think I'd get dressed first. Then again I'd make Rick go first🙂

Ami said...

So then someone can ask him, "Hey whadja do last night" and he can say, "Not much, just hanging out."

I'm telling you, you both need gigantic tie dyed shirts to sleep in. Where is your DIGNITY, Woman???

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I hate clothes in bed. They get twisted no matter if nightgown or oversized Tee. Then it wakes you up, I rip it off and go back to sleep. So I just started going in just my panties...sometimes😉
I apparently have no dignity!

Susan Kane said...

Life is never boring, especially with Rick.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

😄 true

Kathy G said...

Susan beat me to the punch. Nothing boring in your house!

Barbara said...

I'm thinking I need headphones like that. I have the over the ear padded round circle and they work fine but if I have my glasses, hearing aids and then headphones on it can be a little much. Do you like that kind? My only hesitation is that I would have to get up (heaven forbid) and put my hearing aids back on the charger so I don't lose them.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh there are boring weeks trust me

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara i dropped you an email for info.😁

Julie H said...

Too funny! My husband can remember everything but what I tell him. Funny how that works.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Isn't it though? My fave is, "you never told me that" Nope, only 3 times!!! Awwww

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Of course! How could you not share. That's hilarious.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

😬

Barbara said...

Thanks again for the heads up. I was thinking that the problem would be that the hearing aids have a little box thingy that goes behind my ears and the wire with the plug goes in my ear. I don't know if the conchlear part and the hearing aids would all fite behind my ears. And if I take my hearing aids off to use the headphone I'd have to walk to the bedroom and put them in the charger (heaven forbid, my lazy ass) so I don't loose them. Ha. Also, I did a clean up on my blog for the address and email. I hope I'm still getting to you ok.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Nothing goes in your ears. Try em on in the store. They have them all on a table, different ones, so you can see if the one side would hit your hearing aids. Think you can make it work.