Sunday, August 16, 2026

Dinner by Rick

If you're keeping up here on the blog, you all know Rick said he would make dinner Friday. Yes, he did make dinner for us.
He made stuffed peppers. They were great. 
I must admit that 50% of that was because I didn't make 'em. Haha

Saturday he made meatballs. He had my Grandmother teach him how to make her 'famous' meatballs. He mastered them.  So we had meatball hoagies with melted mozzarella. Yes they make gluten free rolls and they are awful. So I skipped the bread. Rick's looked so good. He put it under the broiler for a minute and when I brought it to the table I was drooling. This is when I really miss bread. The melted mozzarella didn't hurt.

So that was two days of only having to clean up. I like that! And we have left overs to boot.

Then on Sunday we used the meatballs again. It's a good thing we like left overs.
Back in the days of going out and drinking there was an infamous diner type place. After the bars closed everyone wanted food. This place was famous for their meatball omelettes. Oh they had all kinds of food but this is the only thing I'd ever had there.

Rick told me when he first moved to my hometown he was out with friends and they took him there st 2am. He thought the whole meatball omlette idea was gross. So I asked him why then would he order it? He told me because they all raved about it and I was drunk.
Ok, good reason. 

He LOVED it and now understood this tradition.
So this morning I asked if he was interested in a meatball omlette? His eyes lit up. Yes!
I made them and we both sighed after our first bite.
Ah, memories.

I don't know what's for dinner tonight but I can tell you its not meatballs. 😀

14 comments:

Kathy G said...

I can eat leftovers for a second meal, but if there's any left after that it goes into the freezer for down the road.

DB Stewart said...

This great (teamwork) news! And now I need a meatball.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Exactly where the meatballs went.☺️

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Well then c'mon over!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A meatball omelette! Now that's unique!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

My hometown where everyone's nam ends in a vowel. At 3am they were great. I bet sober they were awful.🤣

Julie H said...

yeah after a few days everything is meh lol. We're having the last of our Hello Fresh meals but the new ones come tomorrow.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Due to my gluten issue I cant trust those. But it'd sure be nice to have a home-cooked meal by someone else

Stubblejumpers Cafe said...

I'm trying to imagine what a meatball omelette looks like. Ridiculously lumpy? -Kate

Stubblejumpers Cafe said...

Looked it up on Google Images. Lots of variety. Can't go wrong with tasty meatballs (not all are) or eggs. I'd try it. -Kate

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Not at all. The meatballs are sliced silly.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

If you like meatballs, and eggs, you would like this. My Grandma Cavicchio made the best meatballs. She taught Rick, while his are damn good, still not as great as Grandma C's.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

We love eating leftovers! It means we don't have to cook, or turn on the oven....it's especially appreciated by me on those long days of festival baking. The best leftover meals are our favorites, like enchiladas, green chile stew, frito pie, etc. How wonderful that you have a man that can cook!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

We love them too. Im thankful Rick is not a picky eater( I am)