Wednesday, May 7, 2025

This and That

 Today, 'a little this and a little that' as my grandmother used to say.

Let's start with, I have been released from my spine doctor's care.
I now begin Physical Therapy. YEAH. I can't wait to move more.
I called and must now wait until June 30th. Crazy
I am able to get in earlier if I wish to travel to do so. I don't want to drive 1 hr each way for PT.  I'll wait.
_________________

Do you wear gloves when planting and gardening?  I start out doing that, but I end up ripping them off. Then I spend the rest of the day cleaning my nails even after a shower. This time, Rick suggested I wear his surgical gloves that he wears in the workshop with his epoxy. So I did.  It was a lot better, but just before I was finished, my fingers went through a couple of glove fingers, and I got dirty anyway.  I say, just get in the soil and deal with the cleaning later. I prefer to feel what I'm doing, so I guess gloves just don't work for me.  But everyone has an opinion. A neighbor who cuts through our yard saw me the other day and said, "Oh, wear gloves, honey, your nails will be a mess if you don't."  (You read that with a southern accent, right?)  
__________________

I watched the new Tina Fey Netflix show, Four Seasons. It was okay. 
But if you watched the original one, don't watch this. 
It is not much like the original. 
What is the same is that it is 3 couples who take 4 vacations a year together. 
The issues with the couples are entirely different.
I liked it for what it was, and if I hadn't seen the original, I am certain this would have been higher on my list. 
The original is streaming, I'd suggest you watch that one instead.
It reminds me of the ole, "if you read the book, don't watch the movie."  
For me, that always ruins the movie.
Your thoughts?
______________________

Is it just me, or do any of you spend a good portion of your day looking for your phone or reading glasses, etc?  Just me?  Okay, well I do look for one of these every friggin' day. On a really good day, both. 

Sometimes the phone is in my boob or my glasses are on my head. 
I had Rick call me, and my left breast vibrated - FOUND IT.   
When I asked if he saw my glasses, he pointed to my head.
OMG. 
What is wrong with me? 

I recently had another injection into my eye and also got a new Rx for glasses.
Now I have only worn reading glasses up until now. But at this ripe old age, which is difficult for me to type or say without choking, I now need glasses as well as reading glasses or bifocals. A Shot to the Heart, as Jon Bon Jovi would say. I guess if I have to wear them all the time I will know where they are, but I think I'll opt for contacts and reading glasses.

When you're a kid, you just realize you're a kid. It's just carefree.
Why must I be told in one way or another daily that I have become an old person? What I thought at age 45 was that this age was elderly.
I'd go back and slap myself if I could. 
Then I'd slap Trump's mama and her ovaries.
_______________________

I was sent videos and Instagram links from a friend who said this couple was our twin, and she thought of Rick and me each time she saw them come up in her feed. Then I had a cousin in Florida send me a link after watching them dance in the kitchen saying, "this is the two of you, why aren't you making money?  I'll be your agent." 

I think they only remind people of us because they laugh at and with one another.  
But this one particular topic of the two of them is something that has been said in my home by Rick many many many times and we laugh because it's so damn true. 
The most recent one I can't embed because that is one I really wanted to share that was sent to me so many times 


13 comments:

Mike said...

Getting your hands in the dirt supposedly keeps you heathier.

Loosing your phone? Get some cargo shorts. They have two phone pockets.

DB Stewart said...

Slap her ovaries, lol.

Julie H said...

I'm constantly telling Scott those things but he doesn't think it's funny ;) I'm a no gloves girl most of the time. Just get a good nail brush

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's what you get for using the bra purse!

Barbara said...

My daughter and her partner were watching the old Four Season and as I walked across the room and heard Alan Alda and Carol Burnett laughing and I knew exactly what was happening - the sex scene in the other room

Kathy G said...

Unless I'm dealing with something with thorns I hate wearing gloves when I'm in the garden.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I use it as a purse all the time. My hubby says he never knows what will fall out when I take off my bra. 😃

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, oh you're so smart.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

😉

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yeah, done with gloves!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yes, that was on the tiny boat!😁

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'm now with you !!!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Loved the video. The double standard is true!!