I have a good friend in Ohio who sent me a three-part Instagram reel with a couple about our age. She sent it to me because she said she showed it to her hubby, and he said, "Omg, this is Rick and Peg!"
Meg told her husband she was sending the 3 reels to us to see what we thought.
I asked why she thought of us. I THOUGHT I knew but just in case.
She said, "They laugh and tease and it's funny like you two. It's just how you two act." Hmm...
"No one gets mad you just always laugh. "
Oh, we get mad trust me. But not often.
I was going to embed but I don't know these people and I probably shouldn't post their stuff without their permission. What are your thoughts on that? Their profile is public but still not 100% comfortable with that.
The husband and wife are at the kitchen table and he says, "These are the things your mother has said to me that I could never say to her"
She giggles. (ok I get that part)
Now some of the things he says she has said to him I have said to Rick like, "Please change your pants your ass looks saggy"
Of course, she tries to support this comment but she can't, it's just funny and true. And yes, I have said this to Rick about a certain pair of jeans.
"You're as dumb as a stump."
Her: "Well, you bought 4 fake leather jackets off the street that were all the same and you took the man to the ATM and you said because he was Italian you trusted him" He was laughing so hard and nodding because he knew it was true.
We both watched all 3 parts and we just laughed.
Rick said, "Now these are fun people and could be friends"
Yep, these are like all the people we left behind.
Rick asked, "Are they hiding down here? These are our people."
"I think so Rick but then again, they are from the north so maybe it's a regional thing I don't know. Everyone here appears so damn cranky."
_________________________________
This morning, as I attempted to clean off the coffee table, I saw a pink pill on the floor between the sofa and the table. I picked it up, and Rick asked what it was. I said," It's not an Rx medication of yours, but it looks like maybe a sudafed."
He looked at it and just popped it in his mouth.
I, of course, flip out. "Richard is this where we are now? just picking pills off the floor and ingesting them without knowing for certain what they are?
"Yes, it is where we're at. What the hell, we already have yellow caution tape around our home."
I had to laugh. So true. Me, being the wreck I am. He, having a bad cold that has him behaving like a sound machine. Honk, cough, sneeze, honk, clear throat, and on and on and on. At one point last evening while watching a movie we had to mute the TV because of his noises. He gets the creeping crud at the gym and then brings it home to me. Yipee.
At least I'm not as sick as he is. For once I got a break.
___________________________
The surgeon called that I was referred to but they can't see me until the 14th. Geez. Well, what's another 3 weeks. I'm getting sleep now so that helps a great deal in my mood and dealing with the pain.
And lastly, if you have Apple TV, please watch Shrinking.
My God for no other reason than Harrison Ford.
I have never been a big fan of his, however, I adore him in this show.
Both Rick and I think this is his best work.
In season 2 he is wonderful! At his Thanksgiving turn to say what he was thankful for I teared up. I have never seen him in this type of role. At 80-something I think this is his best work. From what I am reading others including him think so too. It's such a good show!
Harrison plays a therapist in a group. they have all become friends of sorts.
Harrison is a big ole grump. But, he has a heart of gold and is a softy.
He is what my husband calls me, A toasted marshmallow. Can appear crusty on the outside but a big ole soft marshmallow in the middle.
He also is coming to terms with his diagnosis of Parkinson's'.
This is a nuanced character and God I love him in this show.
So that is my recommendation for you all to watch this weekend.
You won't be disappointed.
Season 2 as always is a bit better but you need Season 1 to lay the groundwork.
One more holiday to get through.
9 comments:
If it's posted on Instagram, it's already public.
My husband drives me bugshit. Of course I am practically perfect in every way. Haha.
I don't have Apple TV at the moment, but if I do, I'll watch "Shrinking." I'm a Harrison Ford fan, for the most part.
Were the any numbers on the pill?
Nope
😀
Hmmm, so maybe I can.
I totally laughed at taking the pill. One time Scott dropped a bunch of his meds on the floor. They are either blood thinners or some kind of blood pressure meds so I kept freaking out thinking the dogs were going to eat one.
I always freak out when I drop stuff because the dogs are always on the prowl for some "goodie", even it it's not. I think Rick knew exactly what it was, and did that to freak you out. I think it worked :-)
I have seen the previews of Shrinking and would love to watch it....I will have to cancel at least one other subscription to justify it though. On the other hand it would be great to watch something new. I've always been a big fan of Harrison Ford.
Y- you know that would panic me too when Izzy was alive. Apple was free all weekend too. Darn it. I share passwords with my niece. We share a few accounts that is how I have so many. Until they crack down we are doing this.
Post a Comment