Wednesday, November 6, 2024

Voting

The lines for voting on the days of Early Voting were very long lines, people spoke about being there for an hour or more. I knew Rick could not stand for 1 hr comfortably and neither could I.  So the poles opened at 6:30a. I wanted to be there at 6:30.  Rick did not share my concern.

I was ready to go and he was moseying around.  In other words, driving me crazy.
C'mon, I kept yelling. Then I opened the back door - I could not see my garage or my car in the driveway. For that matter, the table and furniture on my back deck I could not see because the fog was so heavy and dense. Rather cool to see it like a cloud over my patio especially if I didn't need to find my car and drive somewhere.

Now normally I love fog if I'm at home and don't need to fly or drive. 
But not today I cried to the heavens.
So back in the house, we decided to go. No sense in killing ourselves.
We waited until 8am. It was somewhat foggy but overall it was driveable.
Rick reminded me if we couldn't drive others couldn't either so the lines will be short. He was right.

We get there and a woman immediately comes to our car and asks if we would like a republican ballot to review. I said, "Good Morning. No, I think I'm fine"
She turned around and said to another person doing this type of work, "I have a feeling everyone is gonna be fine."  Not 100% sure what she meant. We have a couple ideas, it was just weird. Otherwise, all the people who spoke to us were great and I was impressed.  

We get inside and do our civic duty. We get home, have a second cup of coffee, and now anxiously await. I fear the next few days.

I saw a meme which of course I can't find now, but essentially it stated that the last time the LA Dodgers won the World Series that donald trump lost an election. 
If true, hell it was so worth my team chocking. 

2 comments:

Kathy G said...

If not for a chiropractor appointment I would have been like you and at the polls as soon as they opened.

RO said...

Looking forward to reading 📚 your next post. 🙂