Monday, September 30, 2024

Sleep

Sunday, as I walked from the kitchen to the living room, I dropped my glass of gin. First glass so no excuse. I am still determining how I did this.
The glass shattered and went everywhere and of course, my gin followed. 
Oh, I was ticked at myself. 

I swept up the glass, mopped, and vacuumed. 
Couldn't see another thing but I've said that before.

Monday morning I told Rick what I had done while he slept.
But he is walking around barefoot. 
Me: "Should you really go barefoot just in case."
Rick "Sure. How else do you think I can find shards of glass you may have missed?"

Okay, good point I say as I roll my eyes.
It's gonna be that kind of day I see.

And speaking of that kind of day -
Rick just slept 23 hrs.  He awoke at 8am Sunday and sat there staring. I asked if he was okay. That shit scares me now. He says yes, but he can't wake up. He takes his morning meds and says, "I'm gonna lay down for just a little bit more is that okay?"
"Sure we have nothing going on"

Around 1p I decide to eat breakfast so I scramble up some eggs and sausage.
Rick wakes to the smell of food.
He wolfs down a plate and then says I need to lie down, I just can't wake up.
He lays on the sofa and sleeps until 6p. Then he got up and went to bed.

I watched TV, ate popcorn for dinner, and checked on him constantly.
It's not normal for Rick to sleep like this.  I went to the bedroom around 9p and looked at him. He was asleep and he rolled over and I was there and it startled him as it did me.
He asked if it was time to get up. I said it's 9pm, do you want to get up?  
He said no and before I left the room he was out like a light again.

I kept asking him if he felt okay while he was awake that 45 minutes to an hour. 
I was annoying the shit out of him. 
But since the stroke, I have become a big ole worry wart. 
Stroke fatigue is one thing but this was different.

I finally went to sleep at 3am. I awoke at 8am Monday.  
I started my coffee and went to see how Rick was fairing. He was sleeping and I woke him and said, "It's 8am, you've been in bed for almost a complete day. You planning on getting up today?"
He sat up and said, "What time is it?  OMG, I lost all of Sunday. "
I told him he was correct but I wanted to know how he felt.

He said he felt fine like he finally got sleep. I'll say!
He had a quick bowl of cereal, took his meds, and off to the gym he went.
Because it was still raining the gym was quiet and he was home sooner than normal.
As I am typing this I am wondering if he is napping which he does a lot after the gym.  

Overall he is doing fine today. No issues and he says he feels good.
But since he is seeing his doctor Thursday I think I will bring this up.

I want to sleep now for 23 hrs. I'm a little bit jealous.

12 comments:

Abby said...

Well, I'm a bit jealous too. But you're right, that is worrisome. I was glad to hear he wanted to go to the gym after his Rip Van Winkle act.

bluzdude said...

Damn, that sounds like a great Sunday! But I'd have been pissed about missing football. Maybe a Saturday instead.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

People here tell me the new variation of Covid causes you to want to sleep for several days. Does he have any other symptoms of the flu or a cold? Been a lot of it going around on our campus.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Definitely discuss this with his doctor.

Mike said...

Dr. Mike here. I found this. "What deficiency causes too much sleep?
Vitamin B12 Deficiency: A Rare Cause of Excessive Daytime Sleepiness."
It's a cheap fix to try and it can't hurt you.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yes, he went to the gym. Worked in his work shop and never napped. That was weird huh?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

He's lucky and dislikes football so he didn't miss a thing. :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Had a test and he's negative but thank you. He is fine as of Monday!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh we will !!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike he already takes B12 so we will need a 2nd opinion.

Julie H said...

Oh that is scary. I hope he's ok. I dropped the coffee carafe about a year ago. Just slipped out of my hand. Weirdest thing.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yes, it was but he's been fine since. Yes! I did that as you did with the carafe. I don't know why. weird. I keep breaking glass and will need new one very soon