Monday, September 16, 2024

And The Beat Goes On

It's pouring rain here. It's been a downpour for the last 24 hrs.
I love this kind of weather.  
It's dark and overcast.  It's dark in my house and I've got all the lights on.
Fall is getting closer I can just feel it.  YIPEE

While I never get to see awesome colors here and boy I miss it. I do get a fall, it's just different. My favorite season is the season with no mosquitos.
My trick on our patio worked this season. I will plant all that stuff again next year. Oh sure I got bit. But instead of 100x, it was only 15x. 😉

As is the case in my life I was in some pain and couldn't sleep.
So I did what I always do.  Watch mindless television until I get tired.
I found the Emmys in the prime time folder and watched it. 
Well, you can't say I watched it, I FF through most of it.  I like to see the so-called "fashion"  and it was eeh. God, I'm getting old. I did think Selena Gomez looked fabulous.

Speaking of fashion. 
The other evening while watching some young thing "sing" on a stage Rick began to chuckle.  I asked what was so funny
He said, "Can you imagine in the 70s Joni Mitchel, Grace Slick, Janis Joplin, or Linda Rhonstat prancing on stage in their underwear so people would pay attention to them?  It's crazy to me.  I don't get it, can you explain?"

"Oh hell no, I don't get it. I'm as old as you. At least Adele doesn't work in her underwear. I wonder if they do it because they honestly can't sing without autotune and so they prance around in their thong panties and bra."

He then said, "Hey picture it - Rosemary Clooney in her underwear and Frank Sinatra grabbing his junk as the boys do now."

Okay, now I am laughing. That's a picture I can't get outta my head. Thanks, Rick. 
He is always good for a laugh.

9 comments:

Susan Kane said...

We stopped watching the Emmy, the Oscar, and any other the famous feel they must do. Rosemary Clooney would be interesting. Frank Sinatra would be as well.

Mike said...

I assume you have all the hatches battened down. Try not to float away.

Kathy G said...

I don't listen to current hit music and I don't watch current television shows.

Ami said...

Okay, I'm snorting at the idea of Sinatra in a banana hammock. LOLOL

Anonymous said...

So many of today’s performers aren’t singers at all. They just “act” the part. And the ones who can sing, but don’t look the “right” way, we can hardly find. SMH. Olivia

Susan Kane said...

We never watch those self aggrandization ever. So tired of their choices and efforts. Rosemary Clooney would be interesting.

Anonymous said...

I used to watch the Oscars faithfully but now there is so seldom a movie I want to see that it's opointless. I did watch the Emmys and enjoyed what I saw, although I did fall asleep, so... guess I wassn't enthralled.

As for the musical conversation, I so agree! Nobody can play an instrument, nobody can sing. When I listen to old Linda Rondstadt songs, i realize how much I miss real singers. I mean, even Taylor Swift - I was never a fan and don't think she has a good voice. But I am a huge fan of hers anyway since she rerecorded all her albums to spite that producer who owns her songs. Her fans are so devoted that they bought her new recordings even though they already owned the originals! Now that is fan loyalty. And now she takes it over the top by getting 300,,000+ people to at least visit the vote.com site.
Nina

Abby said...

Omigosh, there's an image!
It really is almost embarrassing (em-BARE-ASS-ing, I just realized). I think it was Stevie Nicks who chastised female pop stars - 'They may as well just sit on the camera...'
Happy Fall!

Julie H said...

There's no class anymore