If you're keeping track of all things breaking in my home along with my husband and myself, we have another new one. My electric toothbrush. So in the meantime, I opened one of the toothbrushes my dentist gave me and I used that. It didn't feel like I was getting my teeth clean. That old electric one spoiled me. Oh well.
So that's a toothbrush, blender, fridge, and dishwasher.
We can stop this nonsense now.
Wednesday was appliance day. The refrigerator repair man came regarding the ice maker. I was at the grocery store so Rick dealt with him. It's a seal around the machine. It is not sealing so ice is melting and clogging the dispenser. huh? So they ordered that part. I'm not sure I understood all this but it doesn't matter really, it should be fixed within a week or so. In the meantime, we bought a couple bags of ice.
Our new dishwasher was installed at 5:30p. Yeah.
The two men who came to deliver and install were so damn nice.
The lead tech came in wearing a Boston Baseball Cap.
I let him in and shook his hand. He had the best damn smile.
I said,"I am so glad to see you guys I am sick of washing dishes....but that hat." He laughed and said, "Let me guess a Yankee fan?" Yessirree.
We laughed and he teased me a bit. It was all in good fun. I asked him where he was from. He asked how I knew he wasn't from here.
I told him he was friendly. He said, "You know what? I get that all the time. But why wouldn't I be friendly?"
I said, "I agree!"
He was from a town in southern VA not far from where our old lake house was located.
As he finished the installation, he asked me how often I clean the dishwasher filter. Yikes, there is a filter I should clean?
Now I'm embarrassed to say to him, "I have never cleaned it"
He said, "Thank you for not lying to me"
After he was done installing I asked where my filter was.
He showed me and it's so easy to clean.
It will help your dishwasher run efficiently and last longer. Who knew?
Then again as you are reading this you probably knew this but I was today years old when I learned this.
I asked him if I was the only person who said never. He said, I have only had 2 people say yes they clean it monthly in all the years I've been doing this. Whew, that made me feel better. I told him those 2 people were probably lying and he thought that was funny.
In the mean time-
My boyfriend.

11 comments:
Obviously, we don't all like the same thing. If that photo is of Gerald Butler, I would rate him a 3 out of 10. Ugh! But then, I'm one of those idiots who cleans out the dishwasher filter weekly (or should that be weakly?)
Happy your appliance situation is on the mend.
I guess I should see if our old-ass dishwasher has a filter too...
Sweetpea has boyfriends too. One of them, who I'm sure you've heard of, is Orioles outfielder Anthony Santander.
But she's had others for a long time. Once when she was teaching first grade, one of her little boys asked her if she had a boyfriend.
She said, "Yes, George Clooney."
Boy looked up at her and said, "Does HE know that?"
Cop, Oh Good, more for me. :) You clean it weekly? Oh my. We were told monthly and I'll do that. I don't run the dishwasher more than once a week. So what you're saying is "your that person" who does this shit. :-) Making us all look bad.
Bluzdude, my God that's funny, does he know?
They all have filters I was told.
Woohooo for things getting fixed up!
I've read about dishwasher filters... and immediately forget. Maybe I'll go look now... OH LOOK! A SQUIRREL!
Isn't his name Gerard? Or is this his fuzzy twin? As if the name matters...
Dishwashers have filters? Hmmm, that might explain some things.
Abby, yes it is Gerard. Or as I call him Gerry. 😁 I noticed that and assumed the writer was distracted..tee hee
Julie, whoo ooh is right!
Jean, ooh I love a Hairy chest! The filter is right in front so no standing on head here.😀
Mike🤣🤣🤣
I remember to check the dishwasher filter about once every three months. Not sure what group that puts me in.
Kathy, a group better than myself!!
Post a Comment