Friday, July 26, 2024

2 Selfies

Here's a funny thing that I noticed after my cataract surgery.

I do not take selfies. My husband has of us many times and I have shown them here - always just the top of my head while he is completely in the picture. He forgets I'm a foot shorter than him apparently or he doesn't want this ugly mug in the shot.

I do not like having my picture taken. In fact, I hate it. Rick keeps telling me when I pass there will be no pictures of me. They will be in your heart I tell him. 

So I have taken 2 selfies in my lifetime. Both I do not recall taking.
About a year into our lockdown.  I was sent to the ER because of what I didn't know was diverticulitis. 

I was flying on morphine when I guess I decided to take a photo of myself. 
I sent it to my mother who responded with - I really like your hair.
I'm in a hospital gown with a mask on and she likes my hair. 
Nothing like, are you in the hospital Peg?
That cracks me up. But in her defense, it was the first time she had seen me without brown hair. Covid allowed me to let the gray come in since no salons were open to color my hair. At the time I never thought a thing of it.
The next day when I was clear-headed I saw the text and it made me laugh.

Then this past week after my cataract surgery I was flying on that oxy pill. 
I sent my mom a photo of which I had no recollection. I barely have my left eye open. No makeup, I look like death, wearing a clear eye patch on my eye. I text Mom this pic, and she responds with. I like your hair.

Those are the only two selfies I have ever taken. Both after surgery on heavy drugs at the hospital. Both to my mom. I find that funny.
And apparently, my hair looks best at the hospital.

In my oxy-stooper, I apparently sent a couple out to good friends. 
Who all said, "Peg, I like your hair."
And truth be told it did not look good. 
Not one person, not two people, everyone who got the picture said that. 
I showed it to Rick and he said, No it doesn't. I know. What are they seeing?

So what that tells me is, my face frightened them but my hair looked good.
They had to say something nice. 
Well, that's all that counts I suppose.

7 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

No one in our generation knows how to take a good selfie.

Abby said...

That's too funny! I guess they really like your hair.
I saw your title in my feed and thought, no way Peggy's posted not one, but two selfies. Correct!

Mike said...

I've got a couple of pictures of you and if you want me to post them I will. 😁

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, hey those were private. You promised you wouldn't show them to anyone big boy!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, true!

Abby,it was funny to me too.

Julie H said...

lol so funny! At least you didn't post them on Facebook lol. I take a lot of selfies. Mostly making fun of myself for one thing or another. Took a few of Dolores my stye this week to send to my friends to update them on her status ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, I saw that stye. Your hair looked good. Lol!