Rick's birthday was Sunday.
I had plans but it was his birthday so whatever he wanted is what we would normally do.
On Saturday he told me he'd like to just be home, work in his workshop, watch a movie and maybe have a Rum Nap. Ah, the notorious rum naps that he used to take at our lake house.
Of course I laughed at his plans but it's his birthday so whatever he wants.
I bought him shorts and new swim trunks because the Y's pool opens up at the end of the month. Not a fun birthday gift but he still he did say he needed them and I acted like, REALLY? He put on his swim trunks and they fall off him and he loves to swim and he anxiously awaiting for the pool to open.
He's lost so much weight that none of his clothes fit him. The number on the scale has not changed in months and it drives him crazy. He religiously goes to the gym 3 x a week and he's more active now than ever. I told him to forget the scale since you have dropped another size in pants without losing weight it's all working for you.
His doctor told him she was fine with his weight as it is.
He asked, "With this belly, really?" She said, "Yes, all your numbers are perfect and you're not a small man so I think this number is just where you need to be."
He was not happy hearing this.
Me? I'd be doing cartwheels if a doctor ever told me that in my life time.
Rick's pant size was 44. He now wears a 38. He was wearing 42's and they were falling off him. He was standing in the kitchen when his pants just fell down. I laughed and asked if he had zipped and buttoned them.
Oh he did.
So now all those new things purchased for a size 40 are now too big.
I told him he can't afford all these new clothes stop it. He laughs.
Me? I'm going the opposite direction. Steroids, sedentary due to my back, it all sucks for me.
So his birthday shorts and swimming trunks were a 40 thinking he was no longer a 42. But he skipped 40 and went to 38. So we must return them all. But the best present of all was his Bob Ross class.
OMG he had the reaction of a little boy. He kept saying, "For Real?"
He had a ton of questions most importantly to him was WHEN?
I told him he had to wait a couple of weeks. So yes, he was a poodle on linoleum just as I thought he'd be. He will be antsy until we get to go.
Every year I make him his favorite dessert for his birthday. It is normally a beer cake. It is a really good cake and easy to make. But this year when I asked he said he wanted Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cake (bars) Really?
He said that was what he was hankering for. Okay then.
He overdosed on them Sunday and then proclaimed, don't send those shorts back I may fit into them after all these bars. We did exactly what he wanted. He worked in the workshop finishing up a new bowl. He poured himself some rum and more rum and we watched a great movie on Prime, called American Fiction. I would give it a big thumbs up. I highly recommend it.
Saturday afternoon I planted some fragrant plants on my back deck area.
By fragrant I mean the likes of lavender, mint, lemongrass and the like.
They are in a window box on the railing of our patio. They say these plants will keep away the mosquitos.
If you don't want mosquitos to bother you, sit by me. Because you will then see the swarm all around me. Everyone swears these plants work. We shall see. Aside from the window box I have some all around the patio.
Rick likes the smell of them too. We were sitting out there and it was a bit breezy and we caught a whiff. It was nice. I can't believe those damn mosquitos don't like that. But I sincerely hope they really hate it.
Oh and Saturday we had pedicures and drank wine. I got him to go with me. He had these women in stitches. 'The Rick Show'
Of course they couldn't believe he was going to be 69. They thought he was in his 50's. As we were leaving I had to be a ball buster and say, Rick they said all that because you tip them. How much would you have tipped if they told you you looked 79?
He laughed and told me to let him have his dreams it was his birthday.
😀
15 comments:
Aww sweet! Happy belated birthday to Rick! Sounds like a great day!
Julie, I know he liked it. I like to celebrate my birthday for a month - well I used to. I'm getting too old now! But not as old as Rick. 😋
Nice day - Happy birthday to Rick!
And muscle weighs more than fat. Just sayin'
Happy Birthday, Rick! Sounds like he had the perfect birthday all weekend long!
Abby, that is what I told him!
I also told him he was acting like a girl. LOL
Debra, as long as he thought so. :-)
42 here. I would love to get back down to a size 38 again. But that would require eating things I don't like and eliminating the ones that I do like. Or maybe I need to have a stroke! That might help me out, right?
Good for him on this amazing weight loss. My beloved lost about 40 lbs, and we did the trouser hunt for him too.
I have those plants not sure they work - as I'm scratching like crazy!
Happy Birthday Rick!
It sounds like a great birthday.
I was once told, "Pounds don't count, inches do."
Of course, I'm sure Rick will have a comeback for that...
Going from a 44 to a 38 is amazing! Sounds like a great birthday.
We watched American Fiction on the plane on Friday. Great movie! So was Life of Pi, the other one we watched. We were late to the party on that one.
Mike, Rick said he doesn't recommend the Stroke Diet. And he still eats everything he wants to. But that too has changed.
Susan, "The Trouser Hunt" good name for this.
April oh don't tell me that. I'm sure it won't but I had to try.
Kathy, he said it was. All that matters.
Bluzedude, and he did indeed! You boys all think alike (I admit I thought that too)
Sheila, Ooh life of Pi. Not aware but will look for it. The next on our list is Holdovers. both Holdovers and American Fiction won Academy awards. Normally I find what the Academy likes to not be to my liking but so far so good. American Fiction was funny and sad that people think that is the only African American experience.
Happy birthday to Rick! It is wonderful to hear he is doing well...I swear, men just think about losing weight and the pounds come off. I do lose 3~5 pounds, but the love me and always come back. I love the description of a poodle on linoleum upon hearing about his Bob Ross class :-)
Sounds like a perfect birthday to me.
Yvonne, Well the stroke took off the weight. Not a good diet plan. :-) But now that he is working out he is a determined man. The lbs love me too damn it. But I'd rather be chubby than have a stroke.
Jean, me too these days. :-)
Post a Comment