Monday, February 19, 2024

Humor Me

I tease my niece about her love of Drake.
Or as she calls him, her boyfriend.
She went to see him in concert very recently. She wrote on her Instagram with her picture of she and her husband at the concert. 
She wrote, My husband took me to see my boyfriend. 

Well, that is how I feel about Lenny. (and Gerard Butler) 
I DO NOT watch The People's Choice Awards. But I knew he was receiving an icon award so I had to watch him. The show is automatically recorded on Dish Prime so around 1am when I was wide awake I put on my headphones and FF until it came to Lenny. They had a great intro which I can not find online. But I did get his compilation of hits here that he played.

The man is like a fine wine to me. He just gets better with age. 
In May he will be 8 years younger than me. Tinder Vittles, baby! 😁
I almost saw him once while I was in Manhattan for work while he was at MSG but I didn't get there. I was so damn bummed. Oh well. 

So last night I had a mini concert. I can't listen to him and not move. 
So humor me today. It's all about Lenny.
And for those of you who are not a fan of his, here is a tid bit you probably didn't know. His mom played Helen Willis on the Jefferson. Like on the show of a mixed marriage she too was married to a white man. 

So there ya have it....one of my boyfriends.

7 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I will say I agree with you and do enjoy his music.

Janice said...

I agree! I never get tired of looking at Lenny.

Mike said...

I'm listening to "Are You Gonna Go My Way" on repeat now.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Good choice Mike. That song won't let me sit still.

Anonymous said...

He is just so damn fine! Plus, the man knows how to live. I saw an interview once about his home, which was beautiful, unusual, and a real haven for him and his friends. Not to mention him living seaside in the Bahamas in an Airstream. Ah, the artist's life.
Nina

bluzdude said...

If Sweetpea can have George Clooney for a boyfriend, you can have Lenny.

Back before I met her, one of her second-graders asked her if she had a boyfriend. She said, yes, his name is George Clooney.

He looked up at her and said, "Does HE know that?"

Abby said...

It's funny how we "fall" for certain celebrities. "Peggy and Lenny, sittin' in a tree..."

I did not know that bit of trivia about his mother. I remember watching the Jeffersons, thinking she had a lot going for her, she coulda done better than her Mr. Willis.