I had a rare morning open. It felt good to not be rushing out the door.
We finally got a break from the 90s feeling like the 100s.
It is only going to be 87 today. Yesterday felt cool at 85. Lol.
This morning we sat on the porch and had our coffee. Fabulous. It actually felt cool so we came inside because our bare feet were cold. We laughed. 72 in the shade felt cool. Who are we?
The plumber, Shawn, arrived at 905am yesterday morning. He is always a few minutes late and it makes us laugh because he lives on the same road as us, just 2 blocks away.
We had to leave before he was done.
I just knew when I got home I could take a LONG HOT shower.
Rick had speech therapy at 11:15am and OT at 1. Each an hour.
There is a new Hardee's next door to the rehab facility, so I took Rick to lunch. He used to love their mushroom Swiss burgers.
We get there and order. Rick points out there is nothing I can eat here.
Yep, I know. I got a milkshake and we sat and had lunch. Better than a sandwich any day. Then back across the street for an hour of OT. Then his OT came out to tell me he needs 2lb weights. Then off to Walmart to procure the last 2 2lb weights.
We get home and Rick is asleep in no time.
I jump in the shower. Oh, how I've missed you, my friend.
After 3 days of only washing at the sink this was glorious!!
Rick wakes up and takes a shower. I walk down the hall to check on him and see him on all fours, naked over the tub, cleaning the bathtub. I walk in and say, 'Hey that's not a pretty site mister" He laughed.
He told me he knew I was doing the bathroom and he thought he'd help out.
"Can you get up okay? "
"Yeah, watch me" he tells me. He did fine.
He tells me he feels guilty because I have so much on my plate because of him. I explained that it's okay, not like you did this on purpose to make me busy. He laughs and says, "Oh you don't think so eh?"
Rick has always been able to charm his way out of things.
Oh, he loves to charm the women, make them smile, laugh, giggle.
He lives for this and he means it. It has always worked to his advantage. But I found his kryptonite, his Occupational Therapist, Karen.
Now I realize no matter how I explain her look I will offend someone.
So be it.
She has a very short haircut. Not a pixie or short with fringe that frames her face, more like a short haircut like Pat. Remember Pat from SNL?
Yep, like that. She wears khakis and golf shirts. She is built the same way as Pat as well. She isn't overtly friendly either. Oh, she is nice but in a brisk, business, no-nonsense kind of way.
Oh, he tries to charm her but it doesn't work. She just doesn't fall for his jokes or smiles. It makes me howl!
If any of you ever watched Friends, you will know that Joey Tribiani always charms the women. All he has to say is "How you doin'?" and they immediately giggle etc. When I saw what happened the other day to Rick - he had all the women in the room laughing etc. But Karen had a straight face that made me laugh out loud. They all looked over at me. Oops.
It was a lot like this Friends Clip.
On the way home I told Rick, "Wow I finally saw someone immune to the ole Rickster's charm."
He said, "Must be that something broke when I had a stroke"
Oh my God, he's nuts. Well for whatever it's worth, I still giggle at the fool.
6 comments:
From your description, it's obvious why Karen doesn't respond to Rick's charm. I don't think Karen should be counted against his batting average.
Bobi, lol.🤣🤣🤣
"on all fours, naked over the tub, cleaning the bathtub."
I think I'm going to have to scrub my eyes with bleach just to get the thought of that out of my brain. 😂
Mike, that's how I felt.
Karen is probably only charmed by herself :)
Haven't we all known a Karen or two? I just let them drift in and out of my life without interacting much.
You're very lucky to have such a charming husband! Especially when he uses that charm on you =snicker=
Post a Comment