WOW, what a weekend.
**Saturday I went to a chiropractor because my lower back has been 'out'
I was on my tummy and he cracked me. Ok, they refer to it as 'adjusting' me.
Whatever word you choose it caused me to let out a loud yelp.
He asked if I was OK. I was embarrassed but it hurt like hell.
I've gone to a chiropractor before, in fact, many many times and it does not hurt.
I told him I didn't know what that pain was but I'm fine.
(I'm fine has become my mantra)
The chiropractor was right next to Wegmans so we did some shopping. Each time I'd reach for something the pain was reminding me it was there. By the time I got home I was just eating ibuprofen like candy. A deep breath is painful. That's what is making me believe he cracked my rib. Top right side under my right boob. Yowsa, it hurts. I know from having my rib cracked before by Rick no less, it takes about 6 weeks to heal. Rick tried to crack my back, picked me up off the ground and I let out a scream and he thought I was goofing on him. Nope, went to ER and he broke my rib. Oh did he ever feel guilty. I don't think this doctor of chiropractic will feel guilty.
**Sunday I had to paint the master. Had? Yes, I skipped Saturday due to pain and a shit load of other things that needed attention. Our master bath has been completed with the exception of the shower door which they measured wrong and had to reorder so we're waiting on it. This company has been shit but that is too long to delve into without my blood pressure going through the roof. In the meantime, I thought I'd get the bathroom cleaned up of all that dirt and dust and then paint.
I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor and that hurt. Painting using my right hand hurt like hell. I did the trim and 1st coat. The pain was too much so I quit around 5:30p. I just took more ipophen and began to get dinner done. I did not care to eat and thankfully Rick just wanted a corn salad. Oh yes, easy peasy.
I can't sleep well with this damn thing. Rick said to sue the chiro for breaking my rib cuz we're stroke broke. I laughed and said I don't think it works like that.
I have a drs appt for myself tomorrow for a quick blood test I am going to ask for an X-ray to be sure. But I am going to call that office if indeed it is cracked. they need to know. I'm not going back!
***A woman on the neighborhood app said she was new and was from Northern VA, Loudoun County in fact, where we lived. She lives around the corner from me now. She asked on neighborhood if anyone else was new here, looking to make friends.
I reached out. We set up a time on Friday to meet.
See? I keep trying. Well, we had salads and cocktails and chatted and laughed all night. It was so refreshing to meet someone who has read a book in the last 50 years. She made a comment about trump that I asked, "Whoa, are you a trumpster?" She said, "No!" I said, "Well I will agree to disagree with that statement."
"Wow, like what adults should say, I love it," she said.
So that was that. But the rest of the evening was nice.
I got out of the house and met someone who could carry on a conversation.
I met someone who understands when I say, not as sophisticated here and is not offended but actually sees the point. She likes it here more than me but that's okay. I will hopefully get there. Rick says he may never and I say we never know.
At one point I told her I had to text Rick to check in. I hate when people use their phones when you are talking to them and I didn't want to be one of those.
She understood. Just then I got a text from him asking if I'd been kidnapped.
He assumed it would be another failed attempt to make a friend here and I'd be home quickly. Lol.
The first thing she said when she saw me was, "oh my God you look so familiar." Well we figured it out, she owned a health and wellness store in Leesburg VA.
A town not far from me. I went there a few times to buy supplements so maybe that's why I look familiar I've been in her store 2 times.
Like me she is immature she said. I told her I don't find people my age to be interesting or fun. More like my grandparents so I'm immature also. She laughed and said she has that problem too. While she is older than me by 4 yrs it didn't show. It was refreshing. And, she lives less than a block away. She leaves her house, she goes to the gym, she goes to the events locally, and she is very active.
I shared with her that my life has gotten very small. Between moving here and Rick's stroke, our lives are not remotely the same.
She moved here 4 weeks after us. I told her she goes by my house every day.
She said, 'Oh the house on the corner. I want to thank you for painting those shutters, those were awful."
And she liked what we did with the subdivision sign. She noticed everything.
I couldn't wait to tell Rick about the shutters because he thought they did not need to be painted. Oh, but they did. The colors of the previous owner were primarily bright and almost reminded me of kindergarten colors. She painted the shutters a high gloss electric blue and to me it was horrific. I couldn't get them black fast enough! Same with the front door!
I felt vindicated and couldn't wait to tell Rick. He laughed and said, "Okay that's 3 people in the neighborhood who have told us that so you were right. I just don't see it."
I know!!
What I find most interesting about our yard and home is because we are on the corner everyone sees us. We are the entrance to the development. The young man who hauled away a mattress and other assorted debris from a pile debris told me he liked what we did to the yard and out house. I asked if he lived near here? He said yes I go by this house daily, weren't your shutters a bright shiny blue? Yep. They look better black he said. OMG. A kid noticed? Then a plumber told us the same thing and a neighbor who we see walking every day and have no idea where she lives. We were on the porch and she yelled from the street - "your house is looking so good and so much better!'
I have to admit I liked that Rick hears it so he knows I'm not crazy. Well at least not crazy about this.
**Did any of you watch the gymnastic trials last night? I have always loved gymnastics and now that Simone Biles is back it's thrilling to watch. I so love her floor routines best. Honestly she is the Michael Jordan of gymnastics.
I would LOVE to have that woman's legs. Mine are probably the same length but her muscular legs are to die for! I hope she stays healthy and wins several gold medals in the Paris Olympics


10 comments:
We live in a retirement community, where only a few WW2 now live. Many residents here decorate inside the window.
I hope your new friend turns out to be someone you can chat with and swear with. :)
That last meme made me think of Roseanne... She talked about her husband always saying, "Honey, where's my ____?"
"What, he thinks a uterus is like a homing device?"
Then, after people laughed, she said, "Like he can't lift up the sofa cushions and look for cheetos on his own!"
I won't see a chiropractor unless they're practicing Nimmo, which doesn't involve popping anything, just deep tissue work.
I hope your rib isn't broken or cracked. I swear, you can't catch a goddamn break!!
See, this is why I'm scared now to go to a traditional chiropractor. I had a chiropractor years ago who was great, she did a "different" kind of adjusting than the whammo blammo. Gently adjusted one vertebrae at a time, and I always felt great afterwards. Cleared up a pinched nerve in my neck. I've had cracked ribs before, ouch. Don't sneeze, don't laugh, don't cough for six weeks.
Glad you met someone you can connect with, good for you for hitting her up.
If anyone I know shows interest in moving to NC, I will be referring them to this blog. You have definitely weeded out the the worst of the state. Do you sometimes feel like an expat?
I used to love my chiropractor until she continued to "roll" my legs even though I told her it hurt like hell. I went back one more time to show her the beautiful bruises she created. She said it was unusual and why didn't I tell her it hurt?
Here's hoping you find the yellow brick road soon! (assuming there is one in NC)
Oh My God, the chiropractor broke your rib. That's why I'm a little scared to go to one.
I'm amazed at how so much better that Simone Biles is now. If nothing is different, she should win the gold in France.
Have a great day Peg.
Cruisin Paul
I hope this friend works out! Man that sucks with the rib I swear you can't catch a break.
Glad you found a friend in the neighborhood. Connecting is hard after a move to another state.
Make sure you get that rib x-rayed...to make sure it's not in danger of puncturing a lung if you move wrong. Fun fact: it's been a while since your last broken rib and you're older now. Bones don't heal as fast.
I've had a few broken ribs over the years and learned that there's nothing to do about them except take it easy and let them heal.
I have never liked anything done to my back - just grosses me out.
I read a page about the girl that went to chiropractor and now she is paralyzed. Scarry stuff!
Hope you start feeling better.
Susan, I am embarressed to say I have no idea what you are talking about. WW2? as in world war 2? decorate inside the window? I'm losing it I think.
Ami, we say that all the time here. My Uterus is not a tracking device. When I had my hysterectomy he said, "shit no one is gonna find anything now!" Yep sticking to a massage therapist. Not that it puts things back in place but since cracking my rib I am done with chiropractors.
Abby, I do understand why you are scared.
Bobi, Oh I haven't been through the whole state. Charlotte is a bigger city and could be much better. Yes, we do feel like an expat at times. Well put.
Paul, I understand your fear. I didn't help it any I'm sorry.
Julie, this black cloud over us is killing me.
Mike, yep. Nothing I can do include take a deep breath without pain.
April, I've been seeing chiropractors for over 40 years. This was a first. Oh well, won't be doing that again!
Post a Comment