This one below just happened to me. It has many times in my life, but it is the 21st century. I'm allowed to vote and make decisions. I do not need to get my husband's opinion or approval.
I have had workers say they may need to talk to the "mister". I like to say "She is asleep" or he will tell you what I tell him to say....it's hilarious to see their faces. Idiots.
JC, yep to all of that said!! Rick really saw it when we had our own company. also when we were flipping homes. I was only flipping homes because I was downsized. He was still in his corporate job. The guys coming to do drywall were "looking around" while talking to me. I asked what they were looking for. The head guy said, "is there a man here to talk to?" I said No there is not. Do you have a problem talking to me? He said, "no but a man will understand me better" I told him that I no longer needed his services. He just opened his mouth and stared at me. I said, "You can go. I want to work with someone who is my equal. You are not able to work with anyone other than males so you should go, this is an all woman team" He muttered something, probably calling me a bitch and then left. Bathfitters came and said they would only give estimate if a man was on site. I said, You are standing right here, so can I have my estimate? He said, Only a male who is the head of the household. I told him he could leave. I just don't take weak men's shit anymore once I turned 45!!!! Oh I have stories!!
Isn't that funny - the only time I ever had a salesperson or service person ignore me or speak only to my husband was when that person was a woman. I shut her down by saying "i have the checkbook" Perhaps because I was always the person who made the calls or that I just take over the conversation from the giddy-up. Or that I just look like someone who is in the "she who must be obeyed" category LOL
I always leave the tools out because the job isn't quite done yet. I'll finish it up... later.
I saw a meme that will be in my Saturday jokes but I'll give you a preview. Them: This is not the country I grew up in. I don't even recognize this country anymore. Reply: Did your cult leader catch another indictment? Cry me a river.
8 comments:
Except it's Thursday haha! :)
Oops Julie. This was to publish tomorrow. I'll change the name. Oh lordy can you tell I'm frazzled?
OMG!!! everyone of these hits me where I live!
I have had workers say they may need to talk to the "mister". I like to say "She is asleep" or he will tell you what I tell him to say....it's hilarious to see their faces. Idiots.
JC
JC, yep to all of that said!! Rick really saw it when we had our own company. also when we were flipping homes. I was only flipping homes because I was downsized. He was still in his corporate job. The guys coming to do drywall were "looking around" while talking to me. I asked what they were looking for. The head guy said, "is there a man here to talk to?" I said No there is not. Do you have a problem talking to me? He said, "no but a man will understand me better"
I told him that I no longer needed his services. He just opened his mouth and stared at me. I said, "You can go. I want to work with someone who is my equal. You are not able to work with anyone other than males so you should go, this is an all woman team" He muttered something, probably calling me a bitch and then left. Bathfitters came and said they would only give estimate if a man was on site. I said, You are standing right here, so can I have my estimate? He said, Only a male who is the head of the household. I told him he could leave. I just don't take weak men's shit anymore once I turned 45!!!! Oh I have stories!!
Isn't that funny - the only time I ever had a salesperson or service person ignore me or speak only to my husband was when that person was a woman. I shut her down by saying "i have the checkbook" Perhaps because I was always the person who made the calls or that I just take over the conversation from the giddy-up. Or that I just look like someone who is in the "she who must be obeyed" category LOL
I always leave the tools out because the job isn't quite done yet. I'll finish it up... later.
I saw a meme that will be in my Saturday jokes but I'll give you a preview.
Them: This is not the country I grew up in. I don't even recognize this country anymore.
Reply: Did your cult leader catch another indictment? Cry me a river.
Hell on Earth - Texas. Do you think the heat dome has anything to do with payback for the way we treat the least of us?
Love them all, but the one about the goats ~ that would be funny!
Post a Comment