Mr. Green Jeans got the back 40 planted on Friday and then it poured for 2 days.
It was perfect
I did little except spread mulch. Can't rake so did it with my good hand. It's high I kept telling Rick but he insists his walking on it will pound it down. Okay then. My work is done.
Rick power-washed the old deck Friday. It is in good shape but the wood looks bad in comparison to the new one. Next year I think we'll take out those boards and replace but in the meantime Rugs help.
Everything I do normally I can't right now. Powerwash, lay landscaping paper, mulch, plant flowers etc. Those are my jobs. I hate this so much.
My fingers are moving without pain if I just move them and don't grip. I can't grip yet. I made a huge boo-boo yesterday and moved my wrist and I let out a scream that startled me. I can't believe I could move it in this brace but I did and I won't do that again. It is nowhere near healed yet!! That set me back a week.
Rick is out there seeding the area we had removed. They wanted $600 to do that and we said for $200 we could do it ourselves and that is buying a seeder. Just paid off the lowes charge so my husband decided to use it I guess. :-)
The gazebo arrived today while Rick is busy seeding. I think that will be tackled tomorrow. How many days do you think? LOL
The Fed Ex man brought them to our back deck, and I thanked him.
I asked if he wanted to stay to help us put it together.
He looked at the two boxes and said, "I think this is going to be difficult."
I said, "I think so too, can I bribe you?"
He asked if I cooked. OMG, that struck me as so damn funny.
I laughed and said, "Sort of, and my husband is a great cook."
He said, "Hmmm as tempting as dinner is I think I'll pass."
I said, "Okay I see how you are, no more water and treats for you!" (told you we leave them drinks and kind bars, etc in a cooler for them on our porch)
He laughed all the way to the truck and yelled thank you as he held up his kind bar.
Tomorrow it will be another nice day then 3 days of rain. So we would really like to get this put up in 1 day. I laugh as I type this expectation. It didn't take us long when we put up the one at our old home. We shall see.
We're retired, we've got time.
Speaking of things I can't do with this damn wrist - I can't press my deodorant can to get the spray out with my right hand.
I tried with my left for my left armpit, but I am not a contortionist. So I asked Rick to do it. He picked up my bottle of deodorant and began to spray under my arm like he was spray painting. The short sprays you know? OMG, I was howling and said, "You aren't spray painting my pits, just spray it all around"
For some reason he couldn't and we had another gigglefest with that one.


9 comments:
That's a great job Peg. Now you just have to wait for the planting job to rise up and enjoy all the tomatos, cucumbers, onions and all the rest of them. Unfortunately we're still having temperatures in the 30's after a week in the 80's. Nuts to Spring.
Cruisin Paul
Paul, the temps have been all over even here.
"How many days do you think?"
"We're retired, we've got time."
HEY! Act like you're retired!😄
You're lucky he didn't break out a paint roller for your pit job...
Sorry, you are still having some pain and limitations, Peg. Hope you get healed up sooner than later. Take care and good luck with your pit sprayer. Ha.
I just saw my bone doctor yesterday and I have to keep wearing my wrist/hand brace. I can SO identify with your limitations. At least you have Rick. I still can't snap snaps.
Mike, that's not acting like Im retired? School me ole grasshopper.
bluzdude - true. Guess I should be thankful. :-)
Mr.Shife - Ah, this has months to go so I must learn to use roll on deoderant.
Jean, Ooh snaps. I don't have anything with snaps but that would be difficult. Is yours your dominate hand, I'm sorry I don't recall now. And you're right, without Rick my left armpit would be stinky!! LOL
The things we take for granted - spraying BOTH pits.
The garden beds look great - inspiring as we've got plenty of work to do with our yard now that it's not under snow.
Abby, I have said the same thing about taking it for granted. we've just had 3 days of constant rain. the garden seemed to love it, everything is another 2 inches higher.
Post a Comment