Monday, April 3, 2023

Slow Day

This morning our big posts arrived from Lowes. 
Rick can now finish the deck and fence. 
Lowes no longer does residential deliveries, they outsource them. 
The company who delivers for Lowes has been difficult but the man who delivers is the BEST!

He arrived today and I had just made coffee and offered him some. 
He said, "really? man thanks." I have some promotional travel mugs from my corporate job many years ago. I gave it to him in that. He kept asking if he could really keep this. I told him I had more so don't worry.
I brought out the cream and sugar to the porch and he mixed it his way. 
He kept thanking me as if I had given him money.
Rick was eating some berries and he offered him some. 
He said, "gee what are you guys doing at lunchtime?" 
That made us all chuckle.

This man said, "what the hell is wrong with my company? When I went back to the shop I told him what was delivered and I also took photos if you recall."  Rick did indeed recall. 
The delivery man then asked the dispatch, "why wouldn't you just put this on someone's truck and drive it out to him?"  Boy oh boy was he livid. 
He kept apologizing to us. Rick told him it wasn't his fault, but he very much appreciated his help. Today when loading his truck they put the whole order on again. He told them, NO, just the 9 4x4 posts. They fought with him about this he told Rick.
I said to Rick if they had delivered the whole order again you could build me some flower boxes etc. He laughed and said, "Oh thank God they didn't"
Damn.

I started painting this morning the storm door. It is currently white. 
The front door is black as are the shutters and accents. This white storm door has bothered me since moving here. So Rick took it off and I sprayed one side and it is drying. My goodness, it took me more time to tape off the handles that wouldn't come off and the bottom silver piece. Seriously I was laughing because it was taking so long to just do the taping. I sanded, cleaned it down, and then began to spray. It looks great and I think it should be dry by now so I can turn it over and do the other side.
So I leave you with some memes.

Remember when President Kennedy was Catholic and how it got everyone's panties in a twist. Yeah, now anything goes apparently.


I don't accomplish this all on the same day all the time. Sometimes the folded things sit on the dryer for a few days. Talk about laziness. 
This is retirement's fault.
I was never like this before retirement. Weird.

I may need to have this after I hear about the 34 counts he has been indicted for, or if you are the orange bastard then you say and write, indicated instead. 
He never stops showing his stupidity, does he? Lying and stupidity are his calling card.


I wish this were true but sadly until they shave his head and he is wearing orange I don't believe WE will be saved. He falls into shit all the time and lies and pays his way out of it. 

I am not sure how parents can send their children to school. I don't have children but if I did I know I would want to find an alternative solution. I can't fathom sending them off and not sure if they will return. I don't know how you do it. If your child is too scared to go back to school then what? Frightening.


To me, this below is all kinds of stupid and scary. Men.
Rick did something similar on this deck stuff. I said why wouldn't you want to put this board here so you can walk out easily instead of having to jump hurdles? He laughed and said, Oh good idea. 
Honestly, if there is a longer route to take somewhere or a more difficult way of doing something 
Rick will always choose the longer route and the difficult way because he thinks he thinks it through but he never does. Silly boy. 
Then I share another way and he laughs heartily.
He does amuse me.






5 comments:

Mike said...

I've seen the picture at the bottom several times now. I can't figure out what he's doing. If it's new windows, he missed the one in the middle. If it's siding, he doesn't have enough ladders to make it to the top. And what's really bad is the step ladder. If he falls, he'll snap his back in half on it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yep,silly man!

Mr. Shife said...

Glad your posts arrived and it all worked out well.
Nice to know that some people like the delivery man still cares about doing a good job and taking care of the customer.
I think as long as you are white and not gay then they will vote for you.
I try not to think about it when the kids go off to school but it is definitely in the back of my mind.
Take care.

Julie H said...

I bet that guy was so thankful you were nice and not upset with him and the coffee was a great bonus!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Love your memes today. That last one is a study in stupidity.