He chose CODA.
If you are unaware CODA, is 'children of deaf adults.'
I did not think this show was going to be what it was.
I'm glad I was wrong.
I highly recommend this movie.
The actor who played the father was so damn good!!!
His face was so expressive, he said more with his face than any great actor. There is a scene near the end where he so intently watches his daughter's face while he holds her throat to feel her sing. His face right then did me in as it did Rick. This morning Rick told me this guy was nominated for an Oscar. Well deserved!!
This is the story of a 17yr old girl who is the only hearing person in her family. All the actors in her family were all deaf actors.
We cried a few times during this movie. It was emotional.
When it was over Rick said, "I've had enough crying this week let's watch something to make us laugh. I'm macho remember?"
That made me laugh but I sure understood what he meant even though this crying was not so much a mourning but emotional.
It did make Rick and I discuss how not using our (ASL) sign language has made us lose it. We are disappointed in ourselves for that. If you recall we had a fun final at a restaurant that I wrote about 10 yrs ago.
If you have the time check out this movie.
I think you'll find it better than you'd have thought.
Then again, maybe that's just me.😄
8 comments:
I checked and it's only available on Apple+.
A big thumbs up for CODA.
I’ve been catching up on reading your blog since your sad news on Thursday. Thank you so much for sharing your bittersweet experience with the mobile Vet Angel. I’ll be going down the same path with my sweet Sasha who hates the vet’s office. Don’t we all wish for a peaceful death with the ones we love and cheese?
ST in NM
Mike, yes I know that is why I said it's on Apple TV.
ST in NM, Wasn't it a great movie? You know we do all wish for a peaceful death as we gave our loved one and even with cheese. Lol
Looks really good. I know the mom in the movie is deaf in real life, I wonder if the same is true for the actor who played the father?
Heard from several sources now how good this movie is.
If I ever get the opportunity I will definitely check this one out. Thanks.
Abby the actors who played the 17yr old family are all deaf in real life!
It looks like a unbelievable movie but I can't get it around here. Oh well.
Cruisin Paul
Post a Comment