Monday, February 21, 2022

'Betty'

Remember Betty? That mass on my right eye retina? Well, now it is causing me pain as well as the inability to have 20/20 vision. I went to a doctor who is a retina specialist on Friday the 18th.

After several hours and pictures etc in the office, he referred me to Duke. There is an Eye center there and this doctor was like my doctor in VA. Top of the class sort. Who was one of 10 who got into this proctor program? This is international and that is all I know about it. This Dr explained that I had 1 of 10 in the country who are familiar with this and this Dr. at Duke was another 1 of the 10. I did call Duke first and they said they had no openings. So he called while I sat there and I got in two days later.

I am a bit scared. It is worse and I know it. I just want to save my vision. We shall see, won't we?

Here is a picture they gave me to show the new doctor. I do not know what I am looking at but it isn't pretty. 



15 comments:

Julie H said...

Hmmm Betty looks a bit angry! I hope they can help you out, sounds like it's a good place to go.

Mike said...

What's the medical name of your problem? The picture looks like 6 pictures that were overlapped for one bigger picture.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Well, that photo is scary weird. I hope Betty decides to go away, or at least succumb to treatment and then go away. Losing my sight is one of my big fears too. Hugs...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, yeah it's pissed.

Mike, I have no name. Only inflammation behind my retina.

Yvonne, me too!! (Big fear)

Arkansas Patti said...


OMG that is one ugly Betty. I sure hope this new doc can get her out of your eye and restore your vision. Let us know.

Susan Kane said...

Betty didn't know who she was dealing with. God is there, His hand is holding yours.

Bobi said...

Sending positivity...getting a good doctor is essential so sounds like you're off to a good start. Just remember your readers have your back!

Olga said...

That is one ugly mass. I am so glad that you are seeing a specialist!

Abby said...

Well, your image sent me googling to find other Bettys. I wasn't very successful, but at least it sounds like you've got good medical people in your corner 🙏

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bobi, thx! I've been seeing specialists.The one in VA with same credentials but I hope this guy gives me answers.

Olga, same specialists different city so we shall see.. with one eye that is.😉

Abby. The doctor I saw the other day said I am one in a million. I told him I'd prefer that be for the lottery, not a disease.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Yikes! Glad you got into the specialist so quickly.

bluzdude said...

Losing sight scared the hell out of me too. I hope they can treat this for you!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, me too!

Tony, my eyes are a big deal. I'd rather lose my hearing if given a choice. Prefer not to lose either though. 😀 Although last nite while playing backgammon and jammin' to tunes missing hearing would be huge.

Cop Car said...

How terribly frightening that must be for you, Margaret. Eye surgeons are a step above the rest of the surgical field IMHO.

Barbara said...

Damn, that is scary looking. Glas to know that Dr. at Duke is so specialized.