Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Random tidbits about Women

I received a Christmas card on Monday.  I emailed my cousin who sent this and asked if she sent it late. You see she is someone who would mail you a Xmas card in July because she, and she alone, thinks that is funny. So I wondered if it was the mail or she was messing around.
No, on Dec 10th she mailed all her cards. I hope Biden fixes the hot mess that trumpty dumpty screwed up with our postal service. Honestly, that is crazy.

A shout out to Mike here on the blog because he sends me funny memes about short gals. Gee, I don't know why. 
But the last one he wanted me to see I got from 2 other people on the same day. I was hearing Randy Newman in my head singing, "Short people got no reason to live" 
The meme made my husband laugh out loud. 
So apparently all you regular height people think me dragging my chair or in my case, my small ladder in the kitchen is funny. Yeah, but wait until I get those guns, we'll see who's laughing then.


Let's talk some kick-ass women, shall we?
Have you heard about the 90 yr old who walked to get her vaccine on her scheduled appointment time? Seattle got a foot of snow. And like Texas, they can't handle this. They don't have plows and yikes, the hills. So this woman who could not drive in this stuff walked 3 miles each way. She made it but she was 5 minutes late for her appointment. Thankfully when she told them she walked 3 miles they told her to relax and they did not turn her away. And God love this woman she walked home, uphill. She used walking sticks for her balance. 
She said she got a new hip last year and she didn't think she could have done it without her new hip. How damn cool is this broad? And yes, she is a broad. A tough ole broad if you ask me. I hope I am that physically active at her age. But my question would have been, anybody want to drive me home?

Then the 93 year old woman who waged a war on her grandsons and JP Morgan. She found they were stealing from her along with a few other things. Everyone told her to let it go, it was family. Oh no, she wasn't letting this go. She felt it was a form of abuse from the grandkids and JP Morgan and the banks were making hand over fistfuls of money at her expense.
She won in court. I love this feisty bird! 
A feisty old bird who needs to walk away from the makeup counter. 

Simone Biles. The more I see her the more I love her. That's it. 
I just think she is not only the greatest gymnast of all time but a great advocator of women. She is loud and not taking any gruff about the abuse these women have had to endure that still has not been cleaned up.
She is fighting for us all.

My new gyno doctor yesterday. Boy, she made me laugh. That is not an easy feat when your feet are in stirrups. But she made me laugh and I said a few things back and she laughed and said, "Can you come back next week?"  No thanks!  Glad to make her laugh but not coming back!

But I learned at the ripe old age of 64 that your ovaries shrink. 
Apparently, it's like California Raisins. If only they'd sing. 
I am embarrassed to say I was not aware of this. I called my mom last night and said, "File this under things your mom should have told you."
I explained and my stepmom says, "Well damn, I didn't know that either"
I keep telling you women there is not any info about our bodies after having a baby. The books stop at childbirth. Maybe they want all this shit to be a surprise. Or perhaps it is only me and the 4 women I mentioned this to that are that clueless.

I actually had an ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound. I'll share why on another post. They couldn't find my ovaries. How weird is that? Apparently not at all. As the doctor and tech were doing this ultrasound I heard him say I can't find the ovaries, neither can I the tech says. I asked if it is because I am chubby. No they laugh it's because of your age and the fact that you don't have a uterus. HUH? The dr went on to tell me that when you have a uterus, the ovaries are hanging around it. Once that is gone it's like they can move around and hide. And the fact that at your age they shrink.

I said, "Shrink as in male shrinkage, it's cold?"  Nope, just shrinking as you age? Like grapes to raisins. She laughed and said, "yes but they stop at a certain point, they don't become raisins." I said I assume this is because they are virtually useless once in menopause. She nodded. 

Now I feel so stupid. I have now googled this on several sights and honestly not much mention of this. A lot of shrinking your ovarian cysts but I wanted more data on the actual shrinkage. So I will be googling today because now I wish to know all of this horrific crap.

I came home and told Rick this. He laughed. 
I said, "You laugh but if you just randomly found out your nuts were going to be like raisins wouldn't that bother you or at the very least wonder why you didn't know this?"  Yes and no he says, no because it'd be better than them falling and sitting on 'em"  
Oh my God, you are crazy Richard!
I called my women friends and we commiserated together. None knew this.
How can that be?

So there ya have it. If you knew this, stop laughing at me.
Those that may not have known, you're welcome.

14 comments:

bluzdude said...

Heard the story about the old lady walking to her appointment this morning and thought the same things... Why did she have to walk home again? For Pete's sake, the people there were able to drive in, they could at least give her a lift home.

But what if when she got there, they were closed because no one could get in? I doubt any of the staff would have walked, like she did.

It's a very brave gyno indeed who makes a patient laugh while in the stirrups. I'd have to make sure I was out of the line of fire.

Good luck with the grapes.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

bluzdude, I don't know why they didn't offer her a ride. That was not said on the Today Show. She did have an appointment so maybe she figured they'd be open or perhaps she called them to see if they were still open because she was coming.
I walk 3 miles daily but I'm not 90! HA HA smart ass about my grapes. Wait until your grapes fall.

Julie H said...

And then there is my 90 year old mother in law who doesn't bother bathing herself. :(

Hey my mom always says when she was younger the dr's weren't even allowed to tell you how you got pregnant (early 70's) so it is no surprise really.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, but did you know this tidbit? Weren't allowed to tell you how you got pregnant? WOW!!!!

Grace said...

Didn't know, can't say I care ("If ovaries are not removed surgically, they are still present. After menopause, our ovaries do shrink. Pre-menopause ovaries are 3-4cm, but after menopause they can be 0.5cm-1.0cm. The older we get, the smaller they become but they never disappear.") If you like reading medical abstracts you can read about a study HERE

Also, I posted a meme for you on the blog yesterday...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Well Grace I will look. I am behind because I spent yesterday driving around the Beltway going to doctors all day.

Arkansas Patti said...

Funny about the guns but I am really ticked that no one gave that woman a ride home. Cheesh!!
Did not know that about the raisins. Pretty sure not many of us knew that. Now we do. Thanks.

Mike said...

Here's the first thing that popped up on a google search.
Can ovary shrink?
After menopause, our ovaries do shrink. Pre-menopause ovaries are 3-4cm, but after menopause they can be 0.5cm-1.0cm. The older we get, the smaller they become but they never disappear.

Cruisin Paul said...

I'm not sure what to say about this particular blog Peg but I know what " "Shrink as in male shrinkage, it's cold ". My male has shrink and it's not being cold. LOL Have a great day my friend.

Cruisin Paul

BootsandBraids said...

I haven't thought about or used (by choice) down there since I can't remember when. But I'm assuming I still have a uterus and, as for the shrinking ovaries, I didn't know that either but interesting and okay by me.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

My niece emailed me today to thank me for something I mailed her...four weeks ago! I asked, "Did you just get it?" And she did. She only lives 75 miles away.

Olga said...

Did not know that although it makes sense in a use it or lose it kind of way.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, that is what I heard from the doc. Still there but just floating around.

Paul - yes, not that kind of shrinkage smarty pants.

Boots - glad to know that another woman didn't know this either.

Jean - a pigeon could have gotten it there faster right?

Olga -I don't actually care that they shrink I was just upset that I should have known this about my own body. Why wasn't I ever told this? But you are correct, it is a use it or lose it kind of thing. I must tell you that others not knowing makes me feel better and less foolish.

DJan said...

I think you have been following me for awhile. I found you from your comment on Arkansas Patti's site. Thanks for the grins, Margaret! Nice to have joined your tribe. :-)