Saturday Rick and I had an appointment to view the RV rental and to put a deposit down. We dropped Izzy off to play with puppies at Doggie Day Care. We take her a few Saturdays a month. It's from only 10-5.
We generally get her before 5pm now. She's older and tires out earlier these days. But she loves it so much.
She can be snoring and if we say, "Want to go play with puppies?" She RUNS to the front door. Oh, she knows.
After dropping her off we headed to the RV place.
Man, this place was hopping.
It was cold and sunny and the exact one we are to rent was being serviced because it was going to be rented. Its twin was on the lot. Apparently, the difference is the color. We didn't much care about the color.
We got our walkthrough and asked a ton of questions. Do you know we don't get the deposit back if we cancel? We have 6 months to use it again. The only reason at this point that we would cancel is due to health reasons. So hopefully that won't be an issue. As we went to the office Rick asked if this used to be their slow time. She said, "Oh my yes, but the pandemic has made our business boom in what we called our slow months. I wouldn't even be working today normally"
She added, "by no means are we complaining, sir"
We didn't take it that way.
I called so many places and went to all the websites. I found the folks at this place to be so professional and personable. That matters to me. I called a couple of times asking questions. They were so nice and patient. Not once acting as though I was an idiot. I called a big name RV Rental place and the man acted like I was annoying him so I never called back. His answers were short and if I asked to expel on something he'd tell me to go to the website. But I called you, you can't answer? That was my thought. I didn't say that but I knew I wasn't going to use them. Besides their fees were higher, not a lot, but with this attitude, I didn't want to pursue them.
When we left there Rick said, "Man they have thought of everything."
I would hope so they do this for a living Rick.
The only surprise was the toilet paper. We need to have RV toilet paper and they only give you one roll. So now I have to find RV toilet paper. I think it's the scratch thin stuff we could only find a year ago when the pandemic started. Yuk.
But it's only for 5 days. My hiney will survive.
Then we headed over to our favorite store, Wegmans. I grew up with Wegman's grocery store and nowhere I have lived had them until we got here. We finally got one here in the year 2002. I was thrilled.
My neighbors soon learned why. (Yes there is a bar inside filled with men drinking and having a burger while their significant others shop)
We had a gift card that my mom buys us every year to Wegmans in our little hands and off we went inside.
OMG. The place was packed. We thought, well it's a nice sunny day maybe everyone is using their Xmas gift card like us. But shelves were empty of a lot of things. So we made one more stop at one of the grocery stores in our neighborhood. The shelves were bare there too. What the hell?
We came home and unpacked. Our day went on with our chores etc. Then we heard the news, we were to get up to 6 inches of snow. Now we understood why all these southerners were buying everything up in the store. For 6 inches of snow POSSIBLY.
By the time we picked up Izzy the town was in a tizzy that we may get snow.
The guy next door asked if our snowblower was gassed up and ready for the snow.
Rick said I don't think we'll need it for what is coming. He kept saying oh better than shoveling. Really? 3 inches of snow is pretty easy to move, even for we old farts.
It snowed a bit off and on that evening and we awoke to almost 3 inches of snow. Izzy was in her glory. She so loves the cold and snow. While she and Rick went out to play in the snow our office phones were ringing like crazy. I DO NOT ANSWER PHONES ON WEEKENDS.
Yes, the office is in my home but the office is closed. I admit when it rings like that I think something is up so I listened to voicemails. Everyone was in a panic about the snow and would he come? Oh brother.
I called them back and said he will be there. But most wanted to move the date just in case so I moved them all to appease them.
So here we are with a snow day. Phones are extremely quiet.
Rick called his dentist to see if he could get in early (he was going after work) and they said they had so many cancellations they could do that. Great. So Rick is being tortured at the dentist as I type this.
He needs some seriou$ work done. But the dentist is in our development so it's not like a big drive for us or for that matter many of their patients.
But who cares why they canceled, it worked for Rick.
I bet when he comes home he will be eating soft foods.
Lucky for me, I can show him how fun that is.
12 comments:
Well Peg, it's snowing right now outside in Amherstburg and the snow is falling heavily. I LOVE it. Being stuck inside because of Covid just seeing beautiful snow coming down is wonderful.
When do you & Rick plan on getting out with the RV? Is Issy going to be going with you? Have a great time my friends.
Cruisin Paul
Paul, not until March. Of course, Izzy goes with us. She's too old to board and we don't have anyone we can leave her with so she's coming too. :-)
Three inches of snow and that drives life to a screeching halt? That's pretty funny.
Olga, spoken like a good Vermonter. Yes, we laugh all the time about it too. The sky is falling kind of behavior here. No garbage pick up today either. Remember when President Obama was here for the first snowfall and his kid's school was closed because of 3 inches of snow and he made a joke about it on TV that DC Metro area were babies. Ooh, that didn't go over well, but it's so very true!
Puppy day care is great. Dogs always come home wiped out and tongues hanging out.
Jean, so very true. It makes for a nice evening for us too.
Bad doggy parents! :-)
Glad three inches is all you are facing. The news even here makes it sound like it will be a monster storm.
Think you two and Izzy will love the RV. It is the way to travel safely these days.
Everyone has been taking turns getting $dental work done here lol. TG not me.
Three inches sounds just about right. Enough to water the trees, but people can get around - no need to buy up all the grocery provisions!
Oh, how I miss Wegman's! We lived within easy walking distance when we were in upstate NY. They had a playroom for kids, much like Izzy and her puppy time, and the men drinking in the Wegman's bar.
I never actually dropped my kids off at the playroom because I felt "toddlers can freaking shop without having to be constantly entertained!", but still, I admired Wegman's ingenuity.
Y'all enjoy your jello or whatnot.
The vacation RV sounds awesome. We have talked about living full time in one after we retire. IF we can ever retire.
If that happens, we will get another dog. Because a dog is a great thing to have and if we are able to be full time dog parents...
As for the snow. We've already established that we have husbands with similar taste in jokes. Whenever we are expecting snow, Eric calls me and says, "Hey, expect eight inches tonight! And it might snow, too!"
The first snow makes people go hide no matter how deep it is. The next one to the end of the season people drive like it's sunny and 80 degrees.
Patti, yes the news always is a bit dramatic about the weather to me.
Julie - be careful you could be next 😊
Abby - that is so true in the real world. Here in the DMV 3 inches paralyzing them and the provisions are all gone and the shelves are empty. One of the Wegmans here is just too big for my liking - it has 2 floors. I don't wish to use the elevator to do my shopping. It's weird.
To me it's Whole Foods only better and cheaper. It's a gluten free gals heaven. I can find things there that are nowhere else. Like pastas and flours that they just don't normally have elsewhere. I think if/when I retire I could go work there a couple of days and it may pay for my groceries. Who am I kidding, it will pay for my wine. Their selections of wines is as good as my wine store. There is a little Asian woman who gets so excited to talk to y ou about wines. She is a hoot!
Mike, I hope this is our first and last one of the season!
Ami, I could retire and live in one and then just go from place to place. I know a couple who did that. They traveled for a full year before they decided which place they liked best. Then sold the RV and moved into a home.
I read aloud what your comment to Rick. He laughed and said that's a great one! And it was!
Post a Comment