Due to covid, there isn't much tv that is new. Even Netflix and the like.
Last Saturday night we found a new Tom Papa stand-up on Netflix so we watched and laughed. We enjoyed it.
Normally we don't enjoy watching movies we've seen over again.
It has to be from years ago for us to watch it again. Some time has had to pass for us to watch even the silly things we like a 2nd time (wedding crashers) But since pickins are slim and we can't go anywhere we wondered about old shows we loved.
One of those old shows we loved was called Men of a Certain Age.
This show was even awarded the Peabody award for television excellance.
No one we knew watched it. And yet we LOVED it. It was not a comedy.
But it had funny moments. Dramedy I believe it is called.
This is what the internet says about the show.
Joe, Terry and Owen's college days together seem a long time ago, even though the succeeding years have passed quickly. Still best friends, they have formed a different bond, with all the changes and challenges of midlife, as they lean on one another through the second act. Slightly neurotic and a recently separated father of two, Joe once harbored dreams of pro golf stardom but now owns and runs a party store; perpetual bachelor Terry, laid-back and handsome, has breezed through life (and ladies) as an actor, an office temp, and a yoga instructor; and Owen is a stressed-out husband and father who works as a car salesman for his overbearing father.
This was on for 3 seasons and we just loved it.
Rick would laugh out loud at the men's issues because he could relate.
I love Ray Romano, Scott Bakula, and who doesn't love Andre Brauer.
Someone just told me it is now streaming on HBO MAX so Rick said, hey maybe we should try watching that again. So we may just do that. Every time there is something that both Rick and I love, not just like, it is canceled. It's not dumb enough like big bang theory and it's not trashy enough with scantily clad young and old women that call themselves housewives who have never lifted a toilet bowl cleaner in their lives.
I think it's on Prime but not free, something like $1.99 someone told me. I don't know for a fact. But I am starving for some entertainment.
No movies, no going out and no concerts/music. So why not try to watch something I know I loved? Besides my memory is shit these days so I think I may be able to enjoy this a 2nd time.
Here is a snippet of Men of A Certain Age.
9 comments:
I enjoyed Men of a Certain Age and was surprised when it just disappeared from my area.
I use to be like you with reruns but have noticed on the reruns of Mom, I really don't remember that much and can still laugh.
Patti, I too LOVE Mom and when I can't sleep it is on all night long and I do enjoy those repeats or Mike and Molly and Everybody Loves Raymond and on and on. I love sitcomes. It's movies I don't enjoy a 2nd 3rd time around unless I haven't seen it in years. This is the last season for Mom and I'm sad. But I understand. I love these quirky women and "bonnie's" husband. I just saw Allison Janney on tv with her new short white hair. She looks nice with it like that but she has to wear wigs for her movies and Mom. I adore each female character in this show!
I don't think I ever watched that one. Sounds interesting. I was doing the watch what Netflix suggests thing all last weekend and ended up with some weird movies lol.
I've got 20 to 30 shows in my Netflix cue. We just never get around to them.
I never heard of that show but from the preview I think I would enjoy it.
I know what you mean. I have Netflix and Prime and I’ve seen all the good ones, that I like. The ones I’ve saved, I start them and think.."I don’t think so". May drop one and go back to Acorn TV for awhile. I like the British stuff. Then there’s CBS Access, HBO and others. Wish I could just get one package for all of them that wasn’t outrageous.
We liked that show. We joke that everything we like gets cancelled too. No one wants to actually 'watch' a show and pay attention. Sometimes the subtleties and clever inside jokes are super.
Did you ever watch Psych? It's a terrific show and it streams for free on Peacock. We're also really enjoying David E. Kelley's very weird Big Sky on abc.
I LOVED Men of a Certain Age and my husband actually watched it too!
Have you ever watched New Adventures of Old Christine with Julia Louis
Dreyfus? I laugh out loud even when I'm alone, which is always my test for funny!
Mary, TV is getting too expensive.
Olga, I really think you would.
Julie, you're braver than me. Most of the things Netflix recommends I could never sit through.
Mike - 20 or 30? I never see that many things I like. I need to broaden my horizons I think.
Bobbi, we say the same exact thing. If we like it, it will be the kiss of death. You had to watch this show a little bit until you saw the dynamics you know? Everyone wants microwave tv. Yes, I watched psych back in the day. Rick is watching Big Sky. I haven't seen it except to walk in the room when it was on and say, "Hey that's the actress from Pitch" He said yep. That's all I've seen. :-)
Kathleen, My hubby loved the show too. Yes, I watched NAOOChristine when it was on TV and we usually will catch a repeat here and there. She was so selfish and narcissistic but it was funny!
Post a Comment