It was a cold weekend. I am thankful we got our furnace fixed! Brrr....
VD was as exciting as my meme yesterday.
The day I wrote that blog post about us not doing VD, Rick came home with 3 bunches of tulips because he knows I LOVE tulips.
So see, we don't need no stinking hallmark holiday to get flowers.
I received an email from his favorite candy company just outside of Altoona PA. Gardners Chocolates.
They have these peanut butter melt aways that he just loves.
The email from them was about VD and Easter. I thought I'd buy him a box of pb meltaways to say thanks and how much all his rubbing of my back, picking up the slack, etc has been so appreciated.
The day they arrived he was here. Figures. He was about to leave to take Izzy to the pond when he opened the door and threw in a package and yelled, you have a delivery. Thankfully he pays no attention to the info on the package. This is when his being clueless works for him and me both.😊
I ran to get the package and saw what it was.
I opened the box and inside wrapped in red heart paper was this big box of his melt aways. I ran this box up to the 3rd floor which is only where I go and hid them in the fridge. I actually put it in the freezer but when I went up there the 2nd day the paper was getting funky so I put them back in the fridge. The college size fridge has a freezer that this box just fit into.
Rick loves these little babies frozen but I figured cold will do and he can unwrap and put them in the freezer himself.
Come Sunday morning I totally forget it's VD. We were having coffee and I was slowly waking up and as is the case while Rick is chatty Cathy in the morning. I don't know how this man wakes up like this. He whistles, he sings, he is happy. I'm sorry that is all kinds of wrong. I prefer quiet and just nodding in the morning. Allow me to have my coffee and slowly wake up.
Did I ever tell you how when I first slept with him I kept thinking, I don't know if I can handle this much friggin' happiness this early in the morning?
I wake up grumpy but happy all day. Rick wakes up happy and it's all downhill. (I can hear him yelling, "Hey!" and he's not even here!)"
About an hour after I awake I hear something on TV about Valentine's Day. Oh yeah. I went up to the 3rd floor. I grabbed his treats and went back to the 1st floor. He was in his ugly chair and I kissed him again and said Happy VD as I handed this box to him. He said, "We don't do Valentine's, Day Margaret. Oh now I feel bad"
I told him this is not for VD, but a thank you if you'd read the card. Then when he saw what it was, he immediately said, "I take it back, I want these, God knows I need these (as he pats his belly) and you can't take this back as he held the box to his chest.
That evening he would go to the freezer and grab one. One is the size of an M& M peanut. You can't eat just one. He always goes back. Why not just take 2? He kept asking, would you like one? Nope, they are yours.
When I receive a box of chocolate I hate sharing so these are all yours.
Not a big deal since Peanut butter is not something I really love.
Now a box of chocolates wouldn't last long for me sadly.
Rick's will last him all week and possibly more and they are tiny.
We are so different no matter what everyone tells us. (Rick has a friend who says I am the female version of Rick and vice versa) Not true.
I can't even tell you how many years it took for me to get so used to his early morning chatter, or have I ever gotten used to it?
Before a dog I needed an alarm clock. Now I have a furry one.
But in the days of my career, I needed that alarm. I would hit the snooze several times. That drove Rick crazy. Just get up he'd tell me.
Rick's alarm would go off and he would just get up. What the hell, that is why there is a snooze button buddy. Nope, he got up and would say, "Good morning." All happy and with a song in his voice. I wanted to hurt him!
Then he would go into the bathroom whistling or worse, humming and or singing. For God's sake singing in the morning. Who's he think he is Pavarotti? I'd hit my snooze again. When I do get up, I prefer to not chat.
He is all about talking in the morning. How'd you sleep? Got a big day ahead? Will you be going back to the city this week or only working from home? and on and on.
I would pray, Dear God, make this man mute in the morning!
Here is a throw back to another morning with Chatty Cathy
11 comments:
That's so funny - his chattiness to your shut up :). Maybe it's to do with the peanut butter...
We determined early on that the alarm clock goes on my side of the bed. Husband would just turn the thing off (in his sleep) making us both late! He could learn from Rick.
I never did well with Chatty Morning People either. Now I want some peanut butter chocolate and cut tulips are a given when they first appear in the stores each spring.
Abby, NO NO NO, you don't not want this insanely happy morning person in your home!
Jean - well they appeared in the store here - so you'll have 'em soon.
You are perfect for eachother. If you were both Chatty think Izzy might be looking for a new home and how weird would it be if your both glared across your coffee cups at eachother. Looks like a perfect balance to me.
Patti, hmm...perfect balance. Oh I wish I agreed. I love that old fart but he could just tone it down a bit....then he talks to the dog like I can't hear. I can still hear, and if I felt like talking I'd scream, shut up!!
The easiest solution is what I do. Don't get up in the morning. 11am is early enough.
But we all don't have your lucky life of leisure Mike!
I wake up like you -- slowly and quietly and with a cup of coffee.
Funny how other people see us. People see me with my daughter and ask if I cloned myself. My daughter and I look at each other convinced she was switched at birth. Neither one is true. As far as I know.
Does Rick sing in the rain or just in the shower? LOL We got 8 inches of snow last night and it's still snowing. I can't even get out of door. The wind has blown a great deal of the snow. Oh well, that;s life.LOL. Have a great Tuesday Peg.
Cruisin Paul
Scott is the same for the most part although he usually starts off with a big sigh. Sigh Everything Sigh.
Opposites attract, right? I am not a morning person at all and it would take some getting used to if I fell for one. Enjoy your tulips.
Post a Comment