Thursday, October 17, 2019

Loveless Marriage

I have written here numerous times about Wheel of Fortune.
My last post is here. 

Well just like I asked in that post above, someone did indeed say something other than, "I am married to my wonderful husband with 3 perfect children."  GAG!

I love this man!
I am certain he okayed it with his family. If it was a surprise I am certain they laughed. How could you not? Heaven knows if Rick sprung this on me I'd laugh like crazy.  I thought that Sajak handled it well.



UPDATE: I'm sorry to have upset anyone I just assumed you all knew it was a joke. This man did indeed say that and all the other nice things about his family. Everyone in his family was in on the joke. He was just like me and hated the sappy stuff people say on this show and always wanted to do that. I think the full thing may be on you tube. I have not looked but probably.

20 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I'm sure he probably says that same thing all the time. Like a friend of ours who married his wife when he was 18 old and now he's 50 and he introduces her as his "first wive." Still, I'm not sure I'd be laughing very hard at 'loveless marriage" guy if I was his wife. It's one thing to kid like that in small settings where people can see you interact and know it was a joke and saying it to the entire world without correcting that statement. Sajak sure laughed hard!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, everyone was in on the joke. I did not use a clip that long to show you. he spoke "lovingly" as they do after this. This man like me was just making fun of the sappy fake crap people always say on this show. i would do the same. Very doubtful this is something he says all the time. Like me, he dislikes the sappy fake info they spew when introduced. all were in on the joke. No reason to assume he is mean like this all the time. We will leave that to your "friend"

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

The clips that were all over TV yesterday never showed him talking lovingly afterward and I didn't want yours. I stand corrected.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

P.S. I haven't watched the Wheel of Fortune since it first aired back in the last century.

Arkansas Patti said...

We do think alike. I have a post scheduled for Monday on the same subject. I only wish I had seen it live for I would have hollered and laughed loud enough to scare the neighbors.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, I know they never showed the full thing so I get how that could push a button. He was sweet after everyone laughed. I would have loved to see the faces of the two women next to him when he said it. they did not show them live either.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, your my sister from another mister. or maybe not, my father was not an angel😊

Linda said...

Love him!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Linda, When he said that I was howling and we had to rewind to see if we heard this correctly. This is so something I would do. Rick thinks I'd lose my nerve or as he said, "I'm chicken shit." No I think I could do this because the sappy stuff annoys me so. They can't all be that damn happy and perfect can they?

Annsterw said...

That was hilarious! Pat's comment back to him was funny too! Annster's Domain

joeh said...

I saw it live and got a good laugh. I too gag at the sappy, "Beautiful wife and fabulous children intro's."

I also hate those Christmas Card news letters where everything is roses and lollipops, and all the kids are graduating from Harvard.

If you saw this and did not get the joke, you need a sense-of-humor transplant.

Mike said...

I heard about this but only the bad reported part. I'm glad you posted this. I love this guy. It's about time somebody did that.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Hey, joeh, will you be my humor transplant donor?

Olga said...

I thought it was funny. I don't do sappy very well myself. My first father-in-law used to call my mother-in-law "Satchel" because she was "an old bag." He was pretty funny too.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, hey as long as she saw the humor, all is funny to me. Hey Rick's father in law called him Asshole and it was a term of endearment that Rick loved as did the family. outsiders may not get the reason and our meanong

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, you didn't see it live is your defense. no humor transplant needed.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

joeh, With the exception of one newsletter at Xmas, I feel exactly the same way about them! on another topic, are we playing tonight or just being put out of our misery? In or out I just want it over!

Ami said...

Add me to the list of people who say, "Seriously? I didn't even know that show was still on," I think I watched it once back in the early 80s...

But I thought the guy's remarks were funny and not offensive.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, I find it dumb but then I can't spell so who's the dummy. It is on before Jeopardy and sometimes we just leave it on while I am doing the dinner dishes. So I hear it in the back ground and one day this lady went on and on about her hubby and wonderful smart children and I thought I'd gag. I told Rick they are probably going to divorce and the daughters will end up on the pole. No one is that perfect!
My hubby will watch it - me, can't stand Sajak!!

Julie H said...

Too funny, just like the news to cut out the 2nd half!