Thursday, June 20, 2019

Random Items

Do any of you watch Big Little Lies?
I watched season 1. These were some crazy women.
I did not care for them except the characters that Zoey Kravitz plays and Nicole Kidman. If I don't care for the characters I can't watch for long. Nothing here makes me root for them. (except Nicole's character)

The rest of the women are so awful.
They are not likable people to me.
The character that Reese Witherspoon plays is exactly how I have always pictured her to be in real life.
The character that Laura Dern plays is a shallow mean spirited narcissistic wench. And Meryl Streep's character is a royal witch with a capital B

After I watched Season 2 episode 1 and 2, I am not certain I am going to continue. Their narcissism bores me. Their whining about their money infuriates me. The secrets. All of it.  So I think it's time for a new show for me. I think this show could be so much better if written better but it's not.

If you watch it and like it, tell me why. What am I missing because this is so damn popular.
___________
Remember when I shared that I would like to go 100% gray.
Everyone, I mean to tell you everyone, tells me not to do it.
Won't look good on me. Will age me. (I'm already old) 
Not work with my coloring etc.
I was part of a facebook site that was supposed to be support for you to make the transition. A support group of sorts for women looking to make this change who would supposedly give you tips to help the process etc. 

I left a comment about my apprehension one day and asked a couple of questions.  I had my head bit off. I was called shallow, immature and a conformist if I didn't just do it. Well, well, so much for the support.
So I took myself off that toxic page to never return. Boy, these women were dreadfully mean. 

The meanest of the women was a frightful looking woman who I am certain is still a virgin and is 55 - 60 (Yes, I am now stooping to her level.) 
As she was spewing these things to me I was looking at her photo.
She was by no means remotely attractive and she didn't try to help herself either. So I am assuming she thinks because I wish to look nice or the best I can muster that I am shallow. Okay, shallow it is. But that doesn't mean you have to say all the mean things you said to me. You don't even know me, lady.

Now I am going to be mean like her and say what I saw online out loud.
Her photo showed her in your average Walmart shopper look, polyester pants too tight so we see the dimples in your thighs and butt, a top that looks like a lunch lady and no makeup with long one length white frizzy hair with no style. She is yelling at me when I said there are times when I have to present myself in a situation a certain way, I can't do that with 4 inches of roots showing. Let's say I am making a presentation, (which I just did in a networking event) all anyone would see and hear is my roots. I don't want to have that happen I said, any ideas? Hats, perhaps?   She went off on me.
She called me names, she told me I was stupid and on and on.
Gee, I may be stupid but what the hell kind of support group is this?

I read it twice to be sure I was reading this correctly. Everyone jumped on her wagon and berated me. I then decided that I was not going to be a part of this group and removed myself.  I can beat myself up, I certainly don't need help from strangers. Strangers who apparently don't understand that sometimes life gets in the way of your best of plans. Crazy huh? Now that is what I call a support group.  

In the meantime, I just have a white streak and the rest is chocolate brown. 

20 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Did anyone on that support site mention one of the easiest ways to go naturally is to get low-lights put into the white roots (dark to match what is dyed)? It helps blend it the two colors and low-lights fade out rather than having to grow out. There are plenty of great looking women with gray hair and if you keep it stylist it won't age you. In other words you don't have to look like the bully you ran into. Trust a good hair dresser to make the transition easier. I personally see women who dye their hair way too long passed it looking right their facial coloring---it changes as our skin thins out---and that can look clownish.

Ami said...

I don't have helpful commentary on how to deal with your hair, but man, do I have a million comments on the bevy of bullying bitches one finds in some places online. The keyboard is apparently a powerful barrier, behind which one can say just about any damn thing s/he wants to say without kindness, appropriateness, or any filter. You're right to leave the group, who needs toxicity like that?

I will tell you that my mom eventually let her hair go gray, she was really concerned that it would look bad, but man, it's beautiful. And 99% of women I see with natural gray look great, too. I have already decided to just let mine turn on its own. Hope it will be as nice as some of the others I see. :)

joeh said...

That is a support group for masochists run by sadists.

We watch that show, but on demand so we can re-run sections where I get confused. I like watching people I hate...maybe I should join that support group of yours.

Judge is back tomorrow!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, I am working that route. :-) I am a very pale Italian American so my hairdresser says it may wash me out. I know it does that to my step mom but she also does not style it and it just a hot mess. But I am slowly getting there.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, I wonder if the meanest woman would say what she said to me to my face. If you wouldn't then don't type it. But then again she was a dreadful looking woman (and i don't mean looks) but I mean she looked mean as a snake just like she was to me. Her photos all had her not smiling and with a growl. So she is just an unhappy twit or feels better about herself when tearing down others I suppose.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Joeh, I saw were ole 99 hit a HR in triple A the other day. YEAH. I have my DishNetwork on my computer so I have the game on in the corner of my screen. I ran to the bathroom and then had to answer a call and when I returned to the screen it was already 6-0. I wasn't gone that long! So I did rewind it to see how we got there in that short time and boy was I a happy girl Like I told Rick, A baseball game in the afternoon is fun, 12-1 NYY is 'funner' :-) I just want PITCHING...SOMEONE GET ME PITCHING NO MORE SLUGGERS! Your thoughts on going to the UK in the middle of the season?

They don't annoy you huh? Maybe I should enjoy the bad things that happen to them since I find them to be unlikable. You may be on to something here.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I'm a very pale Italian too. English skin, Italian hair. I wear black, tricked-out glasses to give keep me from washing out.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, the term English skin really paints the picture of my paleness. 😉Sadly I don't have thick hair.

Olga said...

I don't color my hair. In never happens in VT but when I am in Florida other women seem perfectly comfortable doing what amounts to an intervention with their suggestions that I color my hair and paint my nails. I am perfectly fine with my hair and short naked nails but I would never suggest that somebody else had to go natural just because I do.
I felt a whole lat more positive about my hair once I learned that the French call it "rosette" instead of "cowlick."

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, why do people think they should share this when not asked? I would NEVER say that to anyone even my mom who looks horrendous with her unkempt hair. That is her prerogative I always found Vermont to be a more natural state and I like that about it. No need for Manolo Blatnik shoes there and that is a reason alone to live there....but not winter.

Arkansas Patti said...

Don't own rights to that show but have been curious as it seems so popular. Now I feel a bit better.
When did we become a mean world? Was it when we could say anything anonymously? Grr.
I am dark skinned via sun damaged skin so my white hair really stands out. Just don't get close.

Brian Rhoda said...

Isn't it wonderful how brave the internet makes people feel? No real chance of repercussion, so feel free to be as mean and inconsiderate as you like. Even in a so called support group.

I'm glad that men in general haven't been subjected to the crap you gals have to endure with all the fashion, hair, makeup, diet 'advice'. Lovely scam that whole industry has going - want to feel better about yourself? Buy our (expensive) sh-tuff and smear it all over you and you'll look MARVELOUS!

I have a dad bod, thinning, graying hair and who knows what else wrong with me. That's the hand I'm dealt, that's the hand I'm playing. The fashion industry can stuff it.

Abby said...

"Support" group?? Yeesh! I wonder about people like that. She must be a very unhappy person - likely partly because of her lifelong virginity.
I've always been a do-the-best-with-what-you've-got kinda girl (a.k.a. lazy). At 54, I only have a few stray greys (there, I just jinxed myself) and am not sure what I'll do when the greys take over.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hi Brian. I watched an episode of The Talk one day while having a late lunch. They asked all the woman if they wanted a hard six pack or a dad bod. with the exception of the lesbians on the panel all preferred a dad bod! Even the dancer Carrie Ann Inaba. So once again, guys get a bit of leeway.Long live the dad bod!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, just do whatever makes you feel good!! And don't go on that facebook group!😃

Julie H said...

Keyboard warriors! One of my friends just started by going a shade lighter and now she has what looks like a gray dye on her hair. I think it looks good. I'm trying to just go natural since I hardly have any gray at age 45. So far though I have to keep pulling out these weird ones around my face that just stick out and don't lay down lol.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, my hairdresser is adamant she wont cuz it will look bad on me so I will go elsewhere. i dont see why it can't be dyed gray like everyone is doing while the color grows out. roots will be same color.

joeh said...

Going to the UK is cool as long is it is not our home game. Yes, enough sluggers, there may be some good pitchers coming off IR soon, but we need one more starter. I only hope they keep Maybin, maybe drop Holden when Judge comes back.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

felt bad for Frazier. while hid fielding needs some work, if not with NY he'd be 1st string and their star.
I did not get last nights game. Had to listen to it. But we beat the dreaded Astros. 3 more to go!

Barbara said...

I started going gray right up front and it was either color every two weeks or give it up. I gave it up. Yes you look crazy for a while but it's like menopause - most of us go through it and feel like hell. As for official occasions maybe you could go with streaks that will grow out with the gray. I don't know of any trick. I was working and looked a mess. Some asked why I was doing it and my sisters couldn't understand it but I just made a choice and went with it. Whatever you do will be right.