Saturday, June 8, 2019

Classy

Allow me to tell you about the high brow conversation that occurred in our home.  Now please don't be intimated.

Here is what transpired.
We were having some fun on a Friday night.
It was a helluva week for us both.
I decided I was going to have a cocktail.
I don't drink during the week normally but what the hell I deserved it.

So after a few drinks, we were hungry.
Neither of us wanted to cook. We are both standing in front of the open door of the fridge. 
We see leftovers from dinner a few nights ago that Rick made.
We opened the container of dinner and we put it on the island and ate from the container by the light of the fridge with two forks.  

When out of nowhere he mentions drool. That itself made me laugh.
Then I said the word slobber and he protested, "No, no, no, not the same thing"
So by the light of the fridge, Rick spent 10 minutes trying to explain to me the difference between drool and slobber. I was laughing so much my belly hurt.

Yes, we are just that classy of a couple.

19 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Classy is having a lot of fun with the person you love and respect. But Rick is right. There is a difference between drool and slobber. Wouldn't you like to have a recording of conversations like that, just so you could play them back and see if they were as funny without the drinks as they were with them. Glad your bad week ended with laughter.

Olga said...

Yep, the dinner party invites are goon start rolling in now. ;))

Arkansas Patti said...

You really put a bad week where it belonged, in the rear view mirror with lots of laughs. That will keep you both living a long time.

Linda said...

Way to improve on a bad day.

joeh said...

I always thought that slobber was just extra sloppy drool.

Very highbrow discussion, a step above bathroom talk.

Olga said...

Gonna that was supposed to be.

Brian said...

Man, if that isn't true love, I don't know what is!!

Abby said...

I bet you both slept well that night too. Imagine the angst otherwise, if Rick had been unable to educate you on the important differences between drool and slobber.

Mike said...

Do you know why there is a light in the refrigerator? So you can eat at night.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, I only had 2 glasses of wine. But that certainly could have been the thing that relaxed me and made us laugh so hard. But we laughed about it on Saturday when my cousins arrived and we were sober. My hubby is just nuts.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, so you don't wish to eat by the light of the fridge and talk about slobber? :-) You can come for dinner anytime...tee hee

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti- from your mouth to God's ear!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Linda, Yep it was.


Joeh - my thoughts exactly but apparently I am wrong.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian, talking about drool is a sign of real love? Now that is just sad Brian. If so I'm in love, if not, I'm still quite smitten.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yes Abby, I can rest assured now that I know the difference even though I don't believe there are differences. He insists there are.


Mike, so that is what it's for. Eating cold left overs! Why thank you.

RO said...

I've only ever seen two people eating together on the island on television, so I'm impressed, and you already know I think that stuff is romantic. The conversation just sounds dang fun to me too!(lol) Hugs...RO

Barbara said...

Too funny. Life is a carnival for you two. Full of odd people and strange things happening.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Gee Ro, I am not sure I've seen this on TV. Romantic? I think in a Rick and Peggy way. :-) We are not normal that is for certain. But laughter is my drug and he makes me laugh all the dang time.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, we are the old people in this circus. :-)