Monday, June 24, 2019

Bump on the Head

Friday night we were out on our patio enjoying the nice summer evening.
Rick said, "Remember when you would get so mad when I left my socks at the end of the sofa after watching TV?" (when first moved in together)

Yes, I remember! Where did that come from?

I don't know just crossed my mind.

I HATED THAT. Every morning I'd pick them up and ask you why the hell you do this? You'd laugh and replied to me that you'd get to them.
I waited and you never got to them. More importantly, why do it?

I haven't done that in years.

Yes, you have.

When?

I tell him the date/time, the location of the planet and the moon and what everyone was wearing.
Yes, I knew. 

Why didn't you say something to me?

For some strange reason Rick, I now find it endearing.
You must have worn me down.

We both laugh.

I asked, hasn't my habit of leaving cupboard doors open become endearing to you?

He laughed for a solid 5 minutes. Gasping for air kind of laugh.
I did not think it was funny. He'd look over at me and howled some more.
He had tears rolling down his face. 

Ah, apparently, me leaving the cupboard doors opens is not endearing yet.  I'm gonna give him another 5 years, he'll get there. 
Enough bumps on his head ought to do it don't you think?

12 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

I'm going to ask Mary Lou what is the most endearing thing about me.

I just asked her and she said nothing. I guess I'm in trouble LOL See ya Peg.


Cruisin Paul

joeh said...

Endearing? I find those new self closing kitchen drawers endearing.

Mike said...

Things like that used to bother me. Not so much anymore. Lifes too short and getting shorter.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Joeh, he'd be thrilled if it were drawers. Being 5'1" I can walk under them a lot of times. He being over 6'1" well can't 😊 I need self closing Doors.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, yeah something about age does that to us. You know more than me cuz you're an old fart.

Olga said...

This made me laugh too. I always hear about a cupboard door left open. Just stay out of my way when I am in the kitchen then.

Ami said...

I always tell my husband to get the hell out of the kitchen until I'm done. And that when I'm done I will close the cupboards. Then I push him out the door.

If I stop to go to the bathroom or something and come back, all the effin' cupboards have been closed. Men are a pain in the ass. :-D

Barbara said...

I rarely leave doors or drawers open. It is written somewhere in my genetic code that I just can't do that. But not to worry, I have plenty of other bad habits. That socks thing is also a killer. My ex would drop his clothes half in the dirty clothes Hamper and half on the floor. What was that about? My mother was a very messy person and I would ask her why she left things on the floor. She said she didn't see them. What? Her with the eyes in back of her head when I did something wrong,she couldn't see her dirty clothes on the floor. Just crazy.

Arkansas Patti said...

Often it is the things we think so cute when dating grate on our nerves after marriage. Good to know they will eventually return to cute if we just hang in there.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, ah, don't agree with the last statement over all but they can be trying. :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, oh that is funny about your mom with eyes in the back of her head. I was convinced my mom had those. I was a messy teen, very messy teen. But after I got my first apartment I turned into Anal Retentive Peg. I don't like clutter, I don't like messy things and I really don't like dirty. Which would surprise you if you knocked on my door right now because my floor is dirty and there are windows that are a fright that need cleaned. But....

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, well not all things, just some of his crazy habits.