I did not watch the Super Bowl. I never watch the super bowl.
Rick and I don't like football. I dislike the culture even more.
We did see a bit of the half time show, had a good laugh at Adam Levine and then went back on with our life.
Apparently, lots of people find the tiny little man Adam Levine as sexy.
He took off his shirt and that is when Rick and I laughed.
Keep the shirt on, trust me, Adam, I yelled to him through my TV.
I know everyone finds him so sexy. That makes me giggle too.
He looks like a boy, a small boy, not a man. I don't get it.
But not my demographic. Why is it that all 'rock' stars are so short?
Don't tall men like to play guitar?
As he was trying to move like Jagger I said out loud to my TV that I'd rather have a pot belly.
Rick responded with, "is that what does it for you baby?" as he jumped up, took off his shirt and bounced around like Adam.
Oh, heavens nothing like that sight for a good "belly" laugh.
Okay, enough of that super bowl stuff.
So what high brow stuff did we watch instead?
Oh my God, it was pitiful. Izzy and I were outside chatting with other women in the neighborhood, not at a S. Bowl party or watching.
When we came inside we saw Rick was watching his favorite show, "Dr. Pimple Popper"
This show grosses me out.
But my husband LOVES it. It was on for hours.
Special super bowl edition apparently.
How many people in America have a huge gross lipoma?
Well, apparently a great many. And a tail coming out of your head and you wait 6 or more years? WHY? I'd take a 2nd and 3rd job and beg to make payments if I did not have insurance. Anything but have this tail coming out of my head.
The last hour I sat with Rick and the majority of it I have my eyes closed or just looked away. I do not understand his thrill with this gross show.
Before this show, he always watched operations online.
Once in the 80's he watched an operation of a breast reduction surgery.
I would not watch. I mean I have always wanted to have this but insurance doesn't pay for it so it was not something in the cards for me. So if I did watch then if I had the opportunity to do it, I'd never be able to after seeing this.
Yes, he watches knee surgeries and back surgeries as well. I find it all awful.
He should have gone to school to be a surgeon or dermatologist since he loves this stuff so much.
Heaven knows we wouldn't be struggling right now if he or I had become doctors. He could have made his gross fascination with surgeries into a boatload of money.
At my 2nd back surgery (the first with him in my life) he asked the doctor if he could watch. The look on the doctor's face was a mix of are you that dumb mister and horror. I laughed and shook my head. Only Rick.
Of course, he was not allowed.
We ate like we were at a super bowl party. (Back on the wagon today.)
We watched some Netflix and had some chips and guacamole.
I could slather myself in that stuff. I just wish it was as good for me as broccoli.
Did you enjoy the Super Bowl?
Are you the one who liked the half time show?
I am in countdown mode for baseball... 9 days until pitchers and catchers show up for spring training.
18 comments:
Did watch the "Big Game" (Only the NFL can call it the "Super Bowl" right? Some bullshit about infringing on their copyright or brand?)
Anyhow. Game sucked. Boring defensive struggle with the wrong team winning. Tried to go out to the kitchen and do dishes during half time, but still got forced to endure part of the halftime show.
Who the heck were those performers? Certainly nothing I'd ever listen to. And none if it should be classified as "Rock". That guy that stripped off his shirt - that was Adam Levine I suppose? Thought he was a cartoon he had so much drawing on him.
They missed the mark by a mile on that show. I'm not a country fan, but it seems to me a Trisha Yearwood/Garth Brooks halftime show would be pretty dang popular.
It was a horrible game! Should of been Chiefs and Saints! That would of been a game!!
Ok tell me what that horn/nail whatever it was - what was it?? I can't watch that stuff - some I can but not most.
April, I don't know what the horn was. I saw it and heard her say it's been there for years.YEARS like more than 6 and she is getting married now and wants it removed. The fact that her fiance isn't bothered but this huge gross thing and she's getting married is a testament to this man. I would have turned and ran!!
Brian, I heard it was Big Boi the rapper from Atlanta. I think there was another rapper as well but since I love old timers music I am not fully aware. But if you must be bleeped because the words in your song are so offensive you shouldn't be in a family game that is televised. I don't like rap or the Maroon 5 "music" what is it called? Pop? But I also am not country's biggest fan but I agree with you. Stapleton or Brooks would be fun to see even for someone who isn't a big country fan. More so than this stuff. I am too old to appreciate anything like this.
I wouldn't have rooted for the Patriots if I was a football fan because they are a Boston Team. I have some strong feelings about that and I won't say them here.
Didn't watch, there is almost nothing I despise more than professional sports. What a racket.
Adam Levine... meh.
But I bet Janet Jackson is pissed off, Adam got to show BOTH nipples and didn't even have to pretend it was a "wardrobe malfunction".
Scott went to Colorado to watch the Super Bowl with some guy friends so I did not even turn the regular TV on lol. I did watch Netflix while I sewed though. Have you watched Russian Doll yet?
Julie that was the last one we started. Only got the 1st episode and I said, "I'm going to bed" It was weird. Did you like it? Does it get better? Seems like it may be groundhog day only she dies each day. Only seeing 1 episode I have no idea what I am talking about so there is that. :-)
I went to the bathroom several time, requesting that John call me when a commercial comes on.
You should have recorded Rick dancing around without his shirt...let us judge whether he or Adam were the sexist.
I actually like Adam Levine's personality and voice but hat his tattoos.
My dad got lots of lipomas...by the dozen and had to go get them removed from time to time. I used to worry that I'd end up with a back full of them too. So far, none.
HA HA Sadly, Jean, we have made a pact that neither of us posts anything without the other's approval. I think he thinks it's bad enough that I share so much. Because of that no photo. We will just have to all live with Adam Levine as our sex symbol. I don't care for Adam's music or voice. I love him on The Voice and his philanthropic deeds and his humor with Blake/ I heard him on Sirius in a very long interview and that made me really like him. A good guy. I just think he is not my type in music or physically. I'd break him.
And to the pimple popper doc - some of these were the size of melons. One lady wore a hooded sweatshirt even in 90-degree weather to "hide" it. It could not be hidden. Nothing they show is normal. One guy had something on his forehead - smack in the middle. Went with it like this for 3 yrs. Why? He was good looking but he grew a beard because he thought no one would notice this beacon on his forehead if he had a ZZ Top type beard. After it was removed he shaved his beard and my goodness was he cute. He was so happy he cried and then jumped up and down. He was 25 and had been hiding away in life. This doctor really changes peoples lives and for that part of the show I enjoy seeing these people so happy and they walk out with their heads held high. I just can't watch the stuff in the middle of the show.
I caught the last two minutes of the game by accident. Turned out it was the most exciting part.
I've watched a surgery live. I used to work at a hospital and got to watch one time. I wanted to say 'give me the knife. I can do this!'
Oh Mike, that is Rick's dream. And he too would say that he could do it.
Fast forwarded thru the game till half time, watched a smidgen of Adam but it reminded me of why disco drove me to country. I really don't like falsetto voices and that is Adam's claim to fame.
Me too on baseball. Can't wait even though my team has been so decimated that I don't recognize any of the AAA players who now make up the team. All our name players were sold off. Sign. Winning isn't everything some say.
When I was in college, I interned at a company that made oxygenators used during heart surgery. The engineers attended many surgeries to observe how the units were used, but we interns had to settle for videos. Not everyone was cut out for watching those things! I've heard of Dr. Pimple Popper - it's interesting to me the following she has!
We had the superbowl on at our house, but it was more like background noise in case some witty commercial came on (didn't notice any). I have low expectations on superbowl halftime shows, and this year's met my expectations.
Patti you are so correct, Adams falsetto is what bugs me. But I just don't think that type of voice is made to play a stadium. If going country, Garth would be awesome in a stadium. And winning is everything. :-) Who is your team?
Mine is flailing but it's fun to watch.
Abby that is cool if you can watch it. I am not one of those. Dr. Pimple Popper made some YouTube videos of what she does with the help of her staff. That is how she got the TV show. Now she makes bazillion$. My husband found this by accident. I had heard of her but never told him because I knew he would love it. But he found it on his own. All I can see now is that 3lb lipoma removed from a woman's neck. I am more fascinated by the people and why they wait 10 years or more to do something. I thought it would be they couldn't afford it or they didn't have insurance. But it's not like that. The psychology of it all fascinates me.
The Marlins. It isn't easy but I keep hanging in. The good thing is that no matter what team we are playing, there is a former favorite Marlin player now on their roster that I get to watch once more.
Patti - well I know it looks bleak now but I really believe Derek is going to make the Marlins great. He is using the NYY template. I hope he does just that for you. I love that guy. I am a die-hard NYY fan so of course most say, but he's special even if he weren't a NYY. He is using all he learned from the Boss and he will do well. But it was such a mess that it is going to take time sadly. And you are right your players are all over the league. I know you'll hate on Jeter now but I think he will turn it all around in time. Building a farm system etc. Either way I just love baseball and enjoy it. Today I wish it were on to safe my sanity.
Post a Comment