Monday, May 21, 2018

Yes I did.

The rain stopped and we had a dry Sunday. We will have a dry Monday until tonight and then more rain for 3 or 4 days.
We are no longer in a drought.

We leave Thursday for the lake. We work and then leave of course.
But a nice long and hopefully hot weekend in the sun and on the boat is just what the doctor ordered.

It was a busy weekend and Rick had his birthday as he wanted and dinner that he shouldn't have. He can't eat seafood and especially shellfish but he insisted. He knew his tophi gout would be an issue. And it was but apparently eating it was worth it. There is nothing on the menu but a salad that isn't seafood and I HATE seafood. So I had a chicken caesar salad sans croutons. I watched him devour angry mussels, lobster, and liquor. A gout trifecta. He LOVES this dish called Angry Mussels.
It's a large appetizer for more than one person but that didn't stop ole Ricky.
Since I ate a salad and using girl math I felt I could have dessert. They had 1 dessert I could eat and I went for it. Creme brulee. Yum.

I am one of those that did indeed watch the royal wedding.
I had it ready for the DVR but unfortunately, Izzy woke us so I told Rick I'd take her out. Let him sleep in on his birthday weekend.

Izzy and I walked the neighborhood in a fine drizzle at 5am.
This dog is 9 years old. Why can't she be like other old dogs and sleep in?
Of course, my dog eats at 6am and I am not feeding her a minute early.
She stares at me until I feed her so I prefer to be a moving target for her.
I put dishes away that were in the dishwasher, I made coffee, anything that had me moving is what I did. Then it's 6am so I can feed her and relax a bit.
She will stop staring at me and I can just enjoy my coffee and a wedding.
You may think it's crazy that I don't feed her earlier. But you see when the clocks change it's whole big fat nightmare. She can't be fed earlier. I have tried later. But this gal has been in the same rut for 9 yrs. I found out they fed her at the times I feed her when she was a pup before we brought her home. So she makes us stick to that come hell or high water. We are trained.

Izzy eats and then wants fussed over and then falls asleep at your feet.
She can't do this at 9a?

But while she snored at my feet and kept them warm I watched the wedding with no interruptions or snide comments from Rick. I needed a girl with me or my gay friends. I absolutely loved that there was so much of Meghan in this ceremony. The Reverend Curry was wonderful.
Although all that emotion was just too much for the Royals from their facial expressions. It made me laugh. But I thought he was terrific and I heard all of his. The other one droned on and I could barely pay attention, let alone understand him.

The choir that sang Stand By Me was perfection.
I thought that rendition was so lovely for a wedding.
They were a British choir called the Kingdom Choir.
But to me the cellist, Sheku Kanneh-Mason was someone you couldn't take your eyes off on. He felt the music, you could just see it. He is only 19 yrs old.
On CBS Sunday Morning I saw a report on him and his talented family.
These kids are all prodigies. They all play different instruments and all are amazingly great already at such young ages.

Now for the really shallow shit.
I did not love her Givenchy gown
It was classic and beautiful, to me in a very Audrey Hepburn way.
It kept her all covered up as is required. But I found it a bit dull.
The Stella McCartney dress she wore to the reception, now that was better.
It fit her perfectly, it fit the occasion and it fit her personality far better.
So that was my pick. I mean I know you wanted to know!

Her mom looked absolutely gorgeous in the color of dress she wore. But I kept thinking, she knows no one there and her daughter is a bit preoccupied. She sat alone. She left the church alone until Charles took her arm. That all had to be a bit much I would assume.

And while we're on the Royals and shallow things, why the hell doesn't that scowling Queen just retire already? Does she ever smile? Must you die before the next generation can step in?  She's been doing this since she was in her early 20's right? Isn't it time she just plays with her corgi's and horses and hang it up? They do live to be very old, don't they?
They are not a good looking lot. (Camilla!)
With the exception of Diana, they all look well, related. I saw Fergie's daughters.
They look like the Royals, not Fergie unfortunately. Not an attractive lot with the exceptions of who they marry outside the family. Thank Goodness Diana's boys look nothing like their father.

And lastly why was his ex-girlfriend there? He dated her off and on for 7 years. Rick came downstairs when I saw Chelsey on the screen and I said, "Oh my God I think that is his old girlfriend. Why would she be invited?"  Rick said, "Meghan doesn't care, she got the prince." Okay fair point. But who would do that? Would you? I hear a collective, Hell No!

Okay, I am done being a shallow bitch now.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Diana snuck some good genes into the royal line.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, agreed. those who are royal are a bit horsey.
Yes, I'm going to hell for this.

alessandra said...

You are so lucky that Izzy just stares at you, my cat is very vocal when it cames to be fed, so no way I can make her wait, she'd woke up everyone.

Julie H said...

lol I kind of wish I had watched it but it was on at like 1am here. No thanks! I have watched some clips here and there. Have you watched The Crown? I kind of like the queen after watching it.