Wednesday, May 30, 2018

PLEASE DON'T GO .....The Chew edition

You all know how much I love The Chew from this post back when they first started 7 years ago.

I came home from our holiday getaway to watch a DVR of my favorite show The Chew. I found out they are being canceled due to Good Morning America going to 3 or 4 hours. 
I don't get what that has to do with it, to be honest.
The Chew is taped, it is not live. So why can't it still be on? It's on in my area at 1pm. Do we have to have GMA on until 1pm? 

ARGH!

I wanted to cry. It is like my 3 best buds are leaving me.
I wish that another channel would pick them up. They have won Emmy's, they are always nominated. But damn it, just because I don't want them to leave me.

This is my happy zen place to land. They never disappoint me.
The host chatter makes me happy, happy, happy. 
My favorite 3 are there and my goodness can they make me laugh. 
Every day after work hubby & I still watch daily as I wrote about in year one above in my post.  
It makes my mood so much better after dealing with idiots all day. 
They make me smile and laugh. Stress melts away for me. 
I don't have to hear about what stupid thing Trump did today. 
It is just laughs with friends and food and drink. That just sums up everything I enjoy right there!

I have to be honest my least favorite part of the show is the celebrity who comes on telling us all how they like to cook and yet they can't hold a whisk. They make me laugh every damn time. I wish there were a cartoon bubble above their heads to hear what they are thinking when these people say and do these type things. One woman came on and said she cooks all the time. They told her to zest this lemon and she didn't know what that meant.  That is when I talk back to my TV and say, "Busted dumb ass"  If you are going to lie don't tell chef's you can cook and then not know how to cook. I think they'd be able to tell. 

Let's face it -  I HATE to cook.
But since finding out I have celiac disease I need to cook all the damn time. 
I went into mourning, then anger after my diagnosis. 
I like to eat so I had to pull up my big girl panties and figure this out.
This show made it easier for me and fun.  
Okay, seriously who the hell am I kidding? It is never fun to me, it is a necessity because I love to eat. But I have to admit there have been some things that I have tried from the show and get so thrilled that they turn out terrific that it is kind of fun. 

I have learned technique. And as my boyfriend, Michael says all the time on the show, learn the technique and you can make anything. 
I thought at first this was utter bullshit but by God he was correct.
The whole rue thing itself floored me. I could do this with a flour I can use.
Who knew I could make a rue and it is so easy and you can use it for a plethora of things. 

I can still make mac 'n cheese with GF noodles and use my flour to make the cheese sauce. Hey, these guys were on to something.
Seriously technique to bake, broil, braise, etc is everything and once I learned that, damn I could make meals we could eat. 
And if you watch it every day like me with a view from Celiac I find they make most things that I can eat. Real food is gluten-free unless baking or dredging in flour or using soy sauce. But there are substitutes for those so I would say that 90% of the time I can make and eat all the yummy things they make. 
Do you know how much better my life is because of this show? 
Oh please don't cancel this show!!

No one makes me laugh more than Clinton. I love him!!!
If you don't follow him on Instagram you are missing out.
Basic Grammar for Basic Bitches is a hoot!  Never fails to make me laugh out loud. Good thing he's not reading this or he'd send it back to me with his red pen. Rick said just last week after watching The Chew that he would love to have drinks with him. Yes, he loves him as much as me. 

Carla usually makes a lot of things I can't transform, like cakes etc.
But I have used some of her recipes for Rick, like peach cobbler. 
Carla is just a doll and who can't just love her? 

In all honesty, this just makes me so damn sad.
There is so little I like on TV and now they are taking this away so we can have more hours of repulsive news. I just don't understand why they would cancel a show that gets good ratings and wins awards for an extra few hours of a show that is not even in 1st place. Do we need a few more hours of news? Do we really need 24/7 news cycle of stupid people tweeting awful things? NO!! Keep The Chew going!

I will miss you Clinton, Michael, and Carla like nobodies business.
Maybe I'll get skinny now.  I won't know what the hell to make for dinner.
Thank God for wine. Wine is grapes so I can have fruit for dinner right?
Besides, it is Peggy's summer water season you know. (rosé)

10 comments:

alessandra said...

It's the first time that I hear of this show, I'm going to check it out, thanks! I mean there must be all the old episodes somewhere over the internet, right?

Olga said...

I am not quite the devotee as you, but I did enjoy stumbling upon that show once in a while because I do like the three hosts. It is very sad when a good show ends, like a friend moving away.

Mike said...

"I HATE to cook"

Amen amen amen!!! If it's got more than three ingredients and takes more than 10 minutes I not going to do it.

Cruisin Paul said...

I also enjoyed the show and learned ideas to cook. Since I retired from teaching 14 years ago. I've been the chef in the family. I love cooking and also I bake many different things especially at Christmas time. I bet that the show will be picked up by a different station. I hope so because I really like what Michael does on the show. Many of my good shows have been cancelled this year. Why do they do things like this?
See ya Peggy.

Cruisin Paul

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I've never really watched the show but it's a sad day when we find out our favorites got canceled. I will be in bed for a week if they ever cancel The Big Bang and Young Sheldon.

Linda d said...

I’ve never seen it but now I want to. ☹️ I think I’ll never enjoy cooking even though I like the idea of cooking. Ah well, I am sorry you are losing your favorite show.

Abby said...

I've never watched The Chew, but this post is a great plug for them. Sorry it's being cancelled! Heaven knows I need motivation in the kitchen! Maybe I can catch it on youtube.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, wow. I did not figure you for a Big Bang Theory. I am not a fan, but since you are there must be something I am missing. :-)

Linda, Gee maybe I should get a job doing their marketing. ha ha

Paul, I LOVE Michael, his giggle, his food. I have made many a meal from him!
I've even eaten at a restaurant of his. I'm that much of a fan, it's sick really.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, it's still on for a few more weeks, you've got time. The Julia Child in you will come out. :-)

Julie H said...

I've never seen it! I hardly ever watch tv now though. Just lots of Netflix lol