My car smells like wet dog.
There are a lot of unpleasant smells but this one is in my car and I am not fond of it. I love my dog. I love how happy swimming makes my dog. But I am not fond of wet dog smell. I need a new car with new car smell.
I have a custom cover on my back seat. We got it when we got the dog for dog hair and stains. It's been great.
Now there is a beach towel over that seat cover for when she jumps into the car every day after swimming. While we drive her off she is still wet.
I take out the towel and wash it regularly. Put in a new clean smelling beach towel. But my car still smells.
I have taken off the cover and washed it.
The car smells divine for a day or two.
Then back to the ole wet dog smell.
Gave the dog a bath and we went into the stinky car. That didn't help anything. We either must stop taking her swimming every day and have a nice smelling car. Or have her drive us bonkers to go swimming every day and have a bad smelling car. We are weak. We cave, we take her swimming.
Our car stinks. Do you know how difficult it is to take off this cover every week to clean? When I struggled last week Rick said to just leave it there. It didn't smell bad. Has he lost his mind? Lost his sense of smell?
Of course, Rick smells nothing. Of course, he thinks it is fine. Of course, he likes to tell me it's okay if we are that stinky family with the stinky car. And of course, I don't agree.
Now we could walk to our favorite swimming hole with Izzy and not use the car so she didn't make it stinky. But if we walked her there she would never ever walk outside again without dragging us up there. That would be the only place she'd walk. This is why we drive it so she doesn't know where she is going or how she got there.
Her intelligence stops at the directions part, yes just like Rick. 😉
You see Izzy the Wonder Dog is too damn smart. We were fooled in this type of situation once before when she was a teeny tiny pup. Not falling for that again!
So we must drive her there.
I think I need a car for we humans and one to use with only the dog.
If only Izzy The Wonder Dog made money so we could have her use her own smelly car and we could get a new car with a new car smell.
Anyone need a 9-year-old Chocolate Labrador in a commercial?
She normally will work for only food. However, we are her new agents now and we demand money. She is highly trainable.
Just don't get her wet, she stinks.
10 comments:
You only have two real choice to keep the dog smell out of the car: move to a cottage on a lake or build Izzy a pool of her own. If you want that new car smell back have you tried getting the car detailed? I do it once a year and those commercial vacuums and shampooers do such a great job.
There is a third choice come to think about it: nose plugs for you. LOL
Jean, we do the same. Detailing, that is, every year.
And most of, you love Izzy, smell or not. I miss my Bruno, a boxer. He was poisoned while we were gone for the weekend. I loved that wonderful dog. The smell I have on my Camero is black coffee. When I went through McDonald the lady gave me a large coffee she didn't place it high enough and it hit my car and the entire large cup emptied into me, my seat and onto the floor. I was so angry but had to keep myself cool. I've washed it many times but that coffee smell is still there. Thanks goodness that I like coffee.
That's an idea Peg. Why don't you get a Camero? I know you would love it as I love my Bumble Bee. See ya my friend.
Cruisin Paul
Paul, you're a nice Canadian. Down here a person sued mcdonald's because her coffee spilled and it was hot. She won millions.☕
Do like they do on the cop shows to block the dead body smell. Put Vicks under your nose.
Oh Mike that's funny!
PS: Hot Coffee & McDonald. In Canada, unfortunately we aren't able to sue especially for a million dollars. Oh well, I got a free coffee. Ha,ha,ha. See ya Peg.
Cruisin Paul
LOL! I remember having a lab who scared me to death when he opened up the bedroom door at 1am in the morning while I was in the Air Force.(lol) Some dogs are just too smart. Fun story, as always. By the way, you already know I was just like you and watched every moment of the wedding and then some. I'm truly fascinated with pop culture. the one show that truly had me laughing out loud because they were so brutally honest - TLC and the Say yes to The Dress Crew. I actually watched it twice because it was so fun. Happy Monday and Hugs...RO
Oh Ro, we had to change our doorknobs because Izzy knew that the lever kind could easily be opened. We were sitting around the fire pit at our old lake house. I looked up and saw her at the door and she got on her hind legs and just opened it. Walked out like she did this all the time. I looked at Rick and said "Oh that's new!" We laughed and changed all doors to knobs because once she knew she did it all the time at that house.
I LOVED the wedding. Glad to have watched alone cuz Rick would have been a pain - you should have come over. Mimosa's and pj's with me. :-) I wish I had seen the TLC, I watched NBC and they were a bit boring.
lol I hate taking the dogs in the car because of the hair. I hardly take them in there and there is still dog and cat hair in my car from it clinging to things.
Post a Comment